Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OBJ to Cleveland

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 08:31 PM by teal rain.)

Question is what do the Giants do with the picks they have now? Jump up to make sure they get a QB?

Wow. That's a great move for the Brown's. OBJ has his problems bet he's arguably the best young WR in the league. Plus he's with Landry. 

Brown leaves the Steelers and OBJ joins the Brown's. AFC North is going to be different next year.

Can't wait to see how this goes down in New York. Letting Collins go was bad enough, getting rid of Beckham and keeping Eli? Good luck!

(03-12-2019, 08:28 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Browns definitely gonna win their division.  Ravens lose a lot of pieces on D, Steelers lose Bell and Brown.  I'm hoping the Bengals have a good draft

On paper it looks good but keep in mind they have a young team with a first year head coach/new coordinators and...it’s still Cleveland. Let’s see how this unfolds before declaring them champions. They are definitely offseason champions though.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-12-2019, 08:30 PM)teal rain Wrote: Question is what do the Giants do with the picks they have now? Jump up to maje sure they get a QB?

They've got:

6 , 17 , 37 , 71 , 96 , and 109

They can definitely move around and get what they want.

(03-12-2019, 08:30 PM)teal rain Wrote: Question is what do the Giants do with the picks they have now? Jump up to make sure they get a QB?

Yes. They have the ammo to get Haskins if they so deem. I had a feeling Miami was going to be the surprise team to trade up given their lack of effort to sign a FA QB and this move prevents this from happening.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-12-2019, 08:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:30 PM)teal rain Wrote: Question is what do the Giants do with the picks they have now? Jump up to maje sure they get a QB?

They've got:

Holy cow. Kind of a win win for both
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(03-12-2019, 08:23 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They're going to have $35m tied up on Odell and Landry alone next season.

They are definitely in win now mode and rightfully so. I’m not sure how long this will be sustainable though.

Actually the Giants will probably eat Odell's signing bonus, so it'd be closer to $30-31m between the two WRs.

They got the max of 3 seasons (5th year option included) before they have to break the bank on Myles Garrett. Max of 4 for Baker. Denzel Ward also.

There's a $4.5m out in Landry's contract after this coming season. Other wise he'll be owed $14.5m-$16.6m over the next 3 seasons.

Vernon is set to make $15.5m over each of the next 2 seasons as well.

That just starts the fun, but obviously they have a bunch of cap space right now. We'll see how long they can keep it all together though.

Lets also not forget how the Eagles' "Dream Team" fared when they tried to go for broke a while back lol.

(03-12-2019, 08:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

They've got:

That teams been bad for years, not sure if that fixes much. Going to be a lot of Barkley next year for the Giants.

(03-12-2019, 08:27 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:18 PM)Eric1 Wrote: They're going to have $35m tied up on Odell and Landry alone next season.
I’m not sure about that.

Giants are taking a big cap hit from this apparently.

It looks like they're eating his signing bonuses, which would cut like $4-5m off the cap hit each season.

(03-12-2019, 08:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/110...8529508352

Mayfield + Jarvis Landry + Beckham's crazy [BLEEP] = some wild offense and a big side helping of sideline drama

Don't forget Kareem Hunt.

(03-12-2019, 08:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:34 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: They've got:

That teams been bad for years, not sure if that fixes much. Going to be a lot of Barkley next year for the Giants.

Well - I'm saying if they are targeting one of the stud DL players or their pick at QB - they may be able to get one of each.

As far as fixing all the missing pieces they have in one offseason -- not looking good. I'm thinking they are trying a two year re-boot and hope to be really in business in 2021.

(03-12-2019, 08:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: That teams been bad for years, not sure if that fixes much. Going to be a lot of Barkley next year for the Giants.

Well - I'm saying if they are targeting one of the stud DL players or their pick at QB - they may be able to get one of each.

As far as fixing all the missing pieces they have in one offseason -- not looking good. I'm thinking they are trying a two year re-boot and hope to be really in business in 2021.
Essentially wasting a couple years of prime Saquon.

(03-12-2019, 08:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well - I'm saying if they are targeting one of the stud DL players or their pick at QB - they may be able to get one of each.

Essentially wasting a couple years of prime Saquon.

Maybe he comes down with a mysterious illness after week 3 and is out for an extended period of time/whole season....

(03-12-2019, 08:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:39 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: That teams been bad for years, not sure if that fixes much. Going to be a lot of Barkley next year for the Giants.

It looks like that is the plan, going to need a boatload of luck. That Giants team looked so strong at one point, the D looked for real that playoff year and ever since that boat trip to Miami theyve been in a slide. 

They looked one or two pieces away, Eli has done great to win 2 SB's but he's done, but they look to be in rebuild mode. Other than Barkley I don't know what else they really have to build around.

With the Giants letting OBJ, Collins and Vernon in a week, the Jets getting Barr and Mosely, if the Knicks don't sign one of Durant or Irving in the NBA free agency, I think New York may need to go on suicide watch!

(03-12-2019, 08:56 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Essentially wasting a couple years of prime Saquon.

Maybe he comes down with a mysterious illness after week 3 and is out for an extended period of time/whole season....
It’s looking like a really stupid pick in retrospect. Gettleman is a Neanderthal.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

And he's already wanting more... LOL!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1105637581696499713

(03-12-2019, 08:26 PM)Jagzfanfromiowa Wrote: I started a thread saying we should do this and was just pretty much ridiculed.

Acquire OBJ?

To match what Cleveland gave up, we'd have to give up the #7 instead of the #17, our later 3rd round pick, and then Harrison (assuming the Giants saw him as equal to Peppers).

He'd mess up the team's salary structure, and we'd have two fewer picks at least to fix OL and TE.

This doesn't even get into potential locker room issues.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The implosion begins:

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/stat...26144?s=21

(03-12-2019, 08:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/110...8529508352

Mayfield + Jarvis Landry + Beckham's crazy [BLEEP] = some wild offense and a big side helping of sideline drama

Don't forget Kareem Hunt.

And a pretty good defense too.

Cleveland's going to be scary tough if they have the right coach.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!