Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dee Ford to the 49ers for a 2nd Round pick?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-new-deal/

Not even this year's 2nd round pick.

The 49ers should have a scary front seven if they add Dee Ford and couple him with Nick Bosa.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 09:41 PM by knarnn.)

Damn. So the Chiefs cut Houston and trade Ford? I guess they are going pass rusher in the draft for sure.

(03-12-2019, 09:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-new-deal/

The 49ers should have a scary front seven if they add Dee Ford and couple him with Nick Bosa.

Also, this is probably going to be the framework for Yannick’s new deal next year.

https://twitter.com/jimtrotter_nfl/statu...40832?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

They could end up adding Nick Bosa to that DL as well. Ford, Bosa, Buckner, Thomas and Armstead.

That'd let them move Thomas back inside to DT, where he's more natural.

(03-12-2019, 09:35 PM)knarnn Wrote: Damn. So the Chiefs cut Houston and trade Ford? I guess they are going pass rusher in the draft for sure.

(03-12-2019, 09:29 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-new-deal/

Also, this is probably going to be the framework for Yannick’s new deal next year.

1.  Yeah...that looks like they have to go DE heavy this offseason.  I can see them falling off a little from last year.

2.  Could Ngakoue reach $100 million?

(03-12-2019, 09:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 09:35 PM)knarnn Wrote: Damn. So the Chiefs cut Houston and trade Ford? I guess they are going pass rusher in the draft for sure.

1.  Yeah...that looks like they have to go DE heavy this offseason.  I can see them falling off a little from last year.

Unfortunately for us yes. 

Thank goodness for the franchise tag.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-12-2019, 09:48 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 09:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 1.  Yeah...that looks like they have to go DE heavy this offseason.  I can see them falling off a little from last year.

Unfortunately for us yes. 

Thank goodness for the franchise tag.

That always makes such happy players.  Is it just me or is there more trades this year.  Maybe new trend as teams can't pay or agree to the skyrocketing salaries so they trade the players.

(03-12-2019, 09:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

I'm not sure that Yannick deserves a $100 million contract. Stats are not everything and Ford is older than Yannick but still :

Dee Ford 2018 : 55 tackles, 13 sacks, 7 FF
Yannick 2018 : 28 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 0 FF

JJ Watt has a $100 million contract and Yannick has never been that good FOR NOW.

Depends on his 2019/2020 season, but Yannick deserves the same contract than Danielle Hunter 5 years / $72 million, $40 million guaranteed. Maybe a little more ($80 M ?).

(03-13-2019, 08:35 AM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 09:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 1.  Yeah...that looks like they have to go DE heavy this offseason.  I can see them falling off a little from last year.

I'm not sure that Yannick deserves a $100 million contract. Stats are not everything and Ford is older than Yannick but still :

JJ Watt has a $100 million contract and Yannick has never been that good FOR NOW.

Depends on his 2019/2020 season, but Yannick deserves the same contract than Danielle Hunter 5 years / $72 million, $40 million guaranteed. Maybe a little more ($80 M ?).

Dee Ford has played two more seasons and only has one more career sack despite playing with more leads.

No he doesn't compare to J.J. Watt.  But Watt got his deal a while back.  Ngakoue has his turn on the market next year.  That determines his ability to demand a price as much as performance.  You can't tell me Garoppolo deserves more money than Matt Ryan based on performance.

(03-13-2019, 08:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 08:35 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: I'm not sure that Yannick deserves a $100 million contract. Stats are not everything and Ford is older than Yannick but still :

Dee Ford has played two more seasons and only has one more career sack despite playing with more leads.

No he doesn't compare to J.J. Watt.  But Watt got his deal a while back.  Ngakoue has his turn on the market next year.  That determines his ability to demand a price as much as performance.  You can't tell me Garoppolo deserves more money than Matt Ryan based on performance.

Don't forget that a few edge players got franchised. If they agree to long term deals before June, those may be better barometers for Yannick's deal.

Dee Ford is literally the reason the Chiefs didn't make SB. I know some Chiefs fans... Oh boy they weren't happy with him. They wanted him GONE... Dude lined up offsides on game ending INT... his days were numbered.

(03-13-2019, 10:12 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 08:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Dee Ford has played two more seasons and only has one more career sack despite playing with more leads.

Don't forget that a few edge players got franchised. If they agree to long term deals before June, those may be better barometers for Yannick's deal.
This is true.

But I would prefer to not have to franchise him.  Players tend to get ticked off when they get tagged.

(03-13-2019, 08:35 AM)MikePete54 Wrote:

IF he were to hit the open market I believe he would exceed Hunter’s contract. 90+ million would not be as far-fetched as it may sounds. Especially considering all the money that just got thrown around in FA. 

Did you see Trey Flowers contract by chance?

(03-13-2019, 10:18 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 10:12 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Don't forget that a few edge players got franchised. If they agree to long term deals before June, those may be better barometers for Yannick's deal.
This is true.

But I would prefer to not have to franchise him.  Players tend to get ticked off when they get tagged.

Oh I wasn't suggesting that, just that any agreed contracts that come up would add additional data points so the Jags and Yannick can better work a mutual agreement later this year.