Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Oline first 2 picks?

(03-13-2019, 02:23 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 08:57 AM)Bullseye Wrote: TE is a position that can be filled in the 3rd round.  This is true historically and judging this draft class.

Now there is compelling argument to take a TE in the first and O line later, but I won't necessarily panic if we take a TE in the 3rd.

In fact, I think given the need for improved depth in the OL, you could make the argument going OL twice early and at least once mid to late is preferable.

Isn't it the same for RTs and OGs?
Yes and that's kind of what I was getting at in the post that you quoted, however I didn't make myself clear. Fortunately because we re-signed AJ cann, the pressure is off to go offensive line the first two picks. Now we have the flexibility to mix in offensive lineman tight end and wide receiver as we see fit in the first three rounds.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

#7 Cody Ford OG, Oklahoma
#38 Greg Little RT, Mississippi
#69 Jace Sternberger, TE Texas A&M
#95 Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 05:01 PM by Kane.)

(03-13-2019, 02:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 02:23 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Isn't it the same for RTs and OGs?
Yes and that's kind of what I was getting at in the post that you quoted, however I didn't make myself clear. Fortunately because we re-signed AJ cann, the pressure is off to go offensive line the first two picks. Now we have the flexibility to mix in offensive lineman tight end and wide receiver as we see fit in the first three rounds.

Since we have 2 3rds I wouldn't mind a mid round RB.
Montgomery maybe

And also... with the Cann signing and Richardson in the wings, I'll bet only 1 OL is drafted in the first 4 picks. (Risner in the 2nd would be a versatile selection easily sliding into RG or RT if Cann and/or Richardson don't work out)

I see TE probably being first, however I wouldn't be surprised at a defensive player in the first round and go TE, OL, RB/WR with the following 3 picks.
There is so much primer defensive talent in the top 10-15 picks imo that I couldn't be mad at them drafting with an eye to the future.
Dareus and Campbell are no spring chickens.
Yannick is our only real edge rusher. And the DL and "edge" selection this year is nice.

(03-13-2019, 04:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: #7 Cody Ford OG, Oklahoma

I could totally get behind this.

I just don't know if they are taking a RG in the top ten after giving Cann a starter's contract (unless details come out showing it to not be what it seems)

(03-13-2019, 05:00 PM)Kane Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 02:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Yes and that's kind of what I was getting at in the post that you quoted, however I didn't make myself clear. Fortunately because we re-signed AJ cann, the pressure is off to go offensive line the first two picks. Now we have the flexibility to mix in offensive lineman tight end and wide receiver as we see fit in the first three rounds.

Since we have 2 3rds I wouldn't mind a mid round RB.
Montgomery maybe

And also... with the Cann signing and Richardson in the wings, I'll bet only 1 OL is drafted in the first 4 picks. (Risner in the 2nd would be a versatile selection easily sliding into RG or RT if Cann and/or Richardson don't work out)

I see TE probably being first, however I wouldn't be surprised at a defensive player in the first round and go TE, OL, RB/WR with the following 3 picks.
There is so much primer defensive talent in the top 10-15 picks imo that I couldn't be mad at them drafting with an eye to the future.
Dareus and Campbell are no spring chickens.
Yannick is our only real edge rusher. And the DL and "edge" selection this year is nice.

(03-13-2019, 04:01 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: #7 Cody Ford OG, Oklahoma

I could totally get behind this.

I just don't know if they are taking a RG in the top ten after giving Cann a starter's contract (unless details come out showing it to not be what it seems)

From what I've read, it's an extremely low-end starters contract. I don't think it's gonna hinder our plans at all.

(03-13-2019, 05:16 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 05:00 PM)Kane Wrote: I just don't know if they are taking a RG in the top ten after giving Cann a starter's contract (unless details come out showing it to not be what it seems)

From what I've read, it's an extremely low-end starters contract. I don't think it's gonna hinder our plans at all.

No idea how it's structured yet, but 5 mil per year would make Cann the 17th highest paid RG as things stand now.
(based on avg annual salary at the position)

It may be incentive laden though with a team option though for all we currently know.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2019, 07:22 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-13-2019, 09:11 AM)Upper Wrote: I think I'm partial to Knox in the 3rd if we don't get Hock. I am really growing on getting Sweat at 7 though. I want one of him, Hock, or Metcalf at 7.

"Hock"  

I like Hockenson as a draft pick.  

I'm pretty sick of this "Hock," person.  I'm not sure why, but it's kind of irritating when you guys refer to him like he was your college roommate or something.

While the exciting pick would be Hockensen/Fant, I'd be fine with RT at 7 as well.

I'd be ok with TE or OL, even if I prefer TE. We're long overdue for our own Ertz/Kelce/Gronk etc

TE at #7 please and heck #38 too! Both 3rd's can be for a OG/OT.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(03-16-2019, 07:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 09:11 AM)Upper Wrote: I think I'm partial to Knox in the 3rd if we don't get Hock. I am really growing on getting Sweat at 7 though. I want one of him, Hock, or Metcalf at 7.

"Hock"  

I'm pretty sick of this "Hock," person.  I'm not sure why, but it's kind of irritating when you guys refer to him like he was your college roommate or something.

I sure hope you typed out Posluszny every single time and never once called him Poz.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2019, 11:51 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-17-2019, 09:03 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 07:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: "Hock"  

I sure hope you typed out Posluszny every single time and never once called him Poz.

Poz was a long time Jaguar.  He deserved the nickname.  But tossing nicknames onto college prospects is a little affected, in my opinion.  Artificial, pretentious, designed to impress.  For gosh sakes, the guy isn't on our team.  He plays for Iowa.  Call him Hockenson.  That's his name.  

But that's the last you'll hear about it from me.   It's not a big deal.

(03-17-2019, 09:03 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 07:21 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: "Hock"  

I was thinking the same for Roëthelisbürgger

I am formally considering Thomas J. Hockenson Junior of Chariton Iowa (son of Teri and Todd) a viable pick at #7 in this upcoming football draft.

BAP.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-18-2019, 11:07 AM)NH3 Wrote: BAP.

NH3...

Enough with the nicknames already.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2019, 05:23 PM by Eric1.)

(03-18-2019, 10:45 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I am formally considering Thomas J. Hockenson Junior of Chariton Iowa (son of Teri and Todd) a viable pick at #7 in this upcoming football draft.

Yup, since QB is likely out of the picture at #7, it's got to be Hockenson or a trade down.

(03-21-2019, 10:14 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1108137321310752769

Honestly, other than Cody Ford, I don't see an O-Linemen worthy of the #7 pick. I'm not sold on Jawaan Taylor or Andre Dillard and Jonah Williams looks like a pure LT to me. I'd take TE T.J. Hockenson at #7 and go O-Line in rounds 2 and 3 where the value would be the best. Hockenson is a complete TE who is a great receiver and he blocks better than 95% of O-Lineman. In fact, he's a better blocker than any O-Lineman we can get at #7. If we can draft him and get an OG like Chris Lindstrom in round 2 and OT Tytus Howard in round 3, that would be near perfect IMO. We can then fill needs at FS and WR with that other 3rd rounder and our 4th.

I'd be shocked if we dont take Hockenson. The guy is Taylor made for what we want in a TE and the best TE to come out in years on top of being a huge need