Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft a Tight End or Lineman?

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 09:49 AM by Ronster.)

T.J. Hockenson**, TE, Iowa 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 250. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.64. 
Projected Round (2019): 1-2. 

"While splitting targets with Noah Fant in 2018, Hockenson totaled 49 receptions for 760 yards with six touchdowns. He has good size and showed some impressive receiving skills over the past season. To go along with being a receiving mismatch weapon, Hockenson is a very good blocker who should quickly develop into a three-down starter in the NFL"

OR

Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame 
Height: 6-7. Weight: 309. Arm: 34. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.10. 
Projected Round (2018): Top-20 Pick. 

"McGlinchey is the consensus top offensive tackle for the 2018 NFL Draft and a likely top-20 pick. Team sources say that McGlinchey interviewed well at the NFL Scouting Combine. McGlinchey improved as a senior and is likely the top offensive tackle prospect for the 2018 NFL Draft. He has good athleticism on the edge with the feet to handle speed and good strength to sustain blocks. Unlike many finesse left tackles, McGlinchey is a quality run blocker who can get movement at the point of attack. He blocked well in 2017 and was a key cog in Notre Dame's potent rushing attack. "

https://walterfootball.com/draft2018OT.php

Personally, I hope they draft the TE. The Jags have a glaring need at that position and it kills two birds w/ one pick. (First Round Pick)
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It would be tough to draft McGlinchey since he was drafted by the 49ers last year.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-13-2019, 10:07 AM)Rico Wrote: It would be tough to draft McGlinchey since he was drafted by the 49ers last year.
You'll have to forgive the Ronster. He may still be boycotting.

So, I guess it's the tight end then.

If we pass on a 1st round TE and OLman 2 years straight in the 1st. I want a 12 round fight with the Front Office. W L or draw
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Everyone knows the team will go defense with their 1st round pick giving Foles the weapons he needs to be successful.

(03-13-2019, 10:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 10:07 AM)Rico Wrote: It would be tough to draft McGlinchey since he was drafted by the 49ers last year.
You'll have to forgive the Ronster. He may still be boycotting.

This is what happens when you sit out an entire season  Laughing

Ooops. Stupid website and stupid me. Regardless, do we draft a TE or OL
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 10:52 AM by SignMeUpAtQB.)

I say Hockenson. We have no TE on the roster, he seems to be a good pass catcher with quality in the blocking game, which both really fits well into what we are looking for. He looks like he could be the next big thing at TE, lets go get him!

(03-13-2019, 10:38 AM)Ronster Wrote: Ooops. Stupid website and stupid me. Regardless, do we draft a TE or OL
There are numerous threads about this already in the college forum.

I was wondering how that would work, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Hockenson or Fant with the #7 pick!

That is all!!
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!