Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cann re-signed

(03-15-2019, 03:53 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/11066...78880?s=21

Def not preventing competition being drafted. After the injury [BLEEP] show last year, that salary for Cann is easily feasible for a quality back up G.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2019, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I feel like they need to draft and/or sign Tackles with versatility to play Guard and let Richardson, and the new guys all compete for RT - then the losers of that RT battle  can challenge Cann at RG.

MARCH 14  ^ 

Today:

https://twitter.com/LockedOnJaguars/stat...1137894401

(06-06-2019, 12:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 10:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I feel like they need to draft and/or sign Tackles with versatility to play Guard and let Richardson, and the new guys all compete for RT - then the losers of that RT battle  can challenge Cann at RG.

MARCH 14  ^ 

Today:

https://twitter.com/LockedOnJaguars/stat...1137894401

And... You get a cookie!

(06-06-2019, 02:03 PM)scottyg Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 12:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: MARCH 14  ^ 

Today:

And... You get a cookie!

I will accept your imaginary cookie just as soon as I'm done patting myself on the back...

... there, all done now. 

Ooohhh, red velvet macadamia! That's a good one!

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2019, 02:46 PM by ATLjag.)

I like the way they structured Cann's 3 year $15m deal. He got a $4m signing bonus, to be amortized over 3 years for cap purposes, and a year 1 salary (with workout and roster bonuses) of about $1.1m. He is scheduled to earn about $5m in each of the next 2 years ($6.3m cap hit each year), but only $1.2m of salary in year 2 is guaranteed. They would get cap relief if another team then signs him on the guaranteed portion remaining. The Jags have the ability to release him after this year and save $2.5m in cap space, and/or release him after year 2 and save about $5m. I like the structure of the deal for both the team and the player.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!