Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cann re-signed

(03-13-2019, 02:00 PM)NH3 Wrote: Excellent move to further solidify the OL. Even if we draft a guard to be the starter, we will have good depth...

(03-13-2019, 01:35 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Here comes Hockenson.

Who's Hockenson?  

NH3...

"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2019, 04:01 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:37 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Cann was one of the worst Guards in the league last season... This signing is nothing more than a depth signing because we'd have nobody else at the position.

This should in no way change their plans to address that position in the draft. Need to walk away from this draft with a OG somewhere in the first 3 rounds to compete with Cann, at the very least.

We needed at minimum a guard, an offensive tackle, a TE, a free safety, and a backup RB.   That's 5 holes we have to fill.   If we can fill even one of them, even temporarily, we can have a little bit of draft flexibility.   The best use of free agency is to fill holes so you can draft the best player available.   

What if Quinnen Williams or Nick Bosa unexpectedly falls to the 7th pick?   Filling holes like we did with Cann gives just a little more flexibility so we aren't locked into certain positions.

If one of those guys fall to #7, you trade the pick in 2 seconds flat.

(03-13-2019, 04:13 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 04:09 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Can Richardson play guard at all, or is he only a tackle?

When he was drafted, Marrone said he was going to be a RT only. Unless things have changed, I expect them to keep him at RT.

I expect him to be our starter at that position...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-13-2019, 04:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 04:01 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: We needed at minimum a guard, an offensive tackle, a TE, a free safety, and a backup RB.   That's 5 holes we have to fill.   If we can fill even one of them, even temporarily, we can have a little bit of draft flexibility.   The best use of free agency is to fill holes so you can draft the best player available.   

What if Quinnen Williams or Nick Bosa unexpectedly falls to the 7th pick?   Filling holes like we did with Cann gives just a little more flexibility so we aren't locked into certain positions.

Agreed.

(03-13-2019, 04:01 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: We needed at minimum a guard, an offensive tackle, a TE, a free safety, and a backup RB.   That's 5 holes we have to fill.   If we can fill even one of them, even temporarily, we can have a little bit of draft flexibility.   The best use of free agency is to fill holes so you can draft the best player available.   

Maybe, but I think we could work a better deal if the other teams knew we could just as easily keep the pick and draft the guy.   I'd like to have that option.

If one of those guys falls, you get everyone you know on the phone and figure out why before pulling the trigger.

(03-13-2019, 04:35 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 04:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: If one of those guys fall to #7, you trade the pick in 2 seconds flat.

If one of those guys falls, you get everyone you know on the phone and figure out why before pulling the trigger.

They wouldn't fall that far considering they're the top 2 players in this draft, but regardless it shouldn't matter to us why they fell, if that ever happened. Let the other teams worry about that.

A trade back in the 1st round and the other 2-3 picks we'd get in the first 3-4 rounds would provide more value to this team than either of them would.

Cann is trash I would of much rather spent 1 extra mil and keep Parnell and draft a RG.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 05:13 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-13-2019, 05:03 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Cann is trash I would of much rather spent 1 extra mil and keep Parnell and draft a RG.

I would be shocked and extremely disappointed if we didn't still draft an OG, somewhere in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

Meh.

Was hoping to upgrade RG. He's solid.
Not thrilled, not too upset.

Really hope they still get an olineman early in the draft.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 06:19 PM by JagswinJagswin.)

Where's the little emoticon banging his head against the wall when you need it?

(03-13-2019, 06:18 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: Where's the little emoticon banging his head against the wall when you need it?

Right here.......... Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash

(03-13-2019, 06:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 06:18 PM)JagswinJagswin Wrote: Where's the little emoticon banging his head against the wall when you need it?

Right here.......... Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash

Thank you! Wallbash Wallbash

(03-13-2019, 05:51 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Meh.

Was hoping to upgrade RG. He's solid.
Not thrilled, not too upset.

Really hope they still get an olineman early in the draft.

Yeah, this was my impression too. His strength was mostly his ability to stay healthy last year which given what happened to everyone else probably shouldn't be discounted.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Tight End with the first Please, Hockenson is a dual threat. Able to block and catch...
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(03-13-2019, 04:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 04:21 PM)Eric1 Wrote: If one of those guys fall to #7, you trade the pick in 2 seconds flat.

Agreed.

No way that Bosa or Williams will fall to the Jaguars, but if either did I would NOT trade unless the offer included a first next year. Bosa and Williams would be the BAP by far and most likely perennial pro-bowlers. Since Dareus and Campbell are likely to be gone after next season, one of these guys can fill their spot.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 09:22 PM by pirkster.)

I think Dave just pioneered a new move:

"Addition" by not subtracting.

(03-13-2019, 04:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 04:35 PM)TJBender Wrote: If one of those guys falls, you get everyone you know on the phone and figure out why before pulling the trigger.

They wouldn't fall that far considering they're the top 2 players in this draft, but regardless it shouldn't matter to us why they fell, if that ever happened. Let the other teams worry about that.

A trade back in the 1st round and the other 2-3 picks we'd get in the first 3-4 rounds would provide more value to this team than either of them would.

Trade back and adding more picks is what I want to see in this draft more than anything/any one player.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Wait, so because we resigned one of the worst guards in the league we can now knock one of our needs off the list? If anything we just etched our need in stone.

Cann getting a $5m per year deal is a head scratcher to me. He was a healthy liability last year.

(03-14-2019, 07:39 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Cann getting a $5m per year deal is a head scratcher to me.  He was a healthy liability last year.

Agreed.