Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
TE Talk

(03-15-2019, 08:46 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 08:38 AM)Bullseye Wrote: In fairness to Upper, I don't think it's too far-fetched to believe this.

They just spent a 2nd round pick on Robinson, who had a pretty good rookie year before getting hurt in week 2 last year.

They had just signed Norwell to a huge deal.  As I indicated earlier, he had a shaky start but improved as the season wore on until he got hurt.

Linder has been stable for years until he got hurt last year.

We just re-signed Cann to a 3 year deal.

I think we can all agree that LT/LG/C is set in damn near stone...

However if Lindstrom/Ford/J.Williams is there at the 2nd round pick/late 1st they would take a long look at drafting one to replace Cann.  Even if some of the other OG prospects fall to the 3rd they would be very high on the list.

Prior to FA needs ranked for me:
QB
TE/RG/RT all equal
WR
everything else

After FA:  
TE/RT
RG
WR
Everything else
You would think that but this team doesn't seem to value the RG position. They just resigned a guy who allowed the 3rd most pressures. They passed on Hernandez last year for Bryan. They passed up Lamp for Robinson. Passed up Feeney for Smoot.

They have had numerous chances to upgrade the RG spot and have pretty much passed every time.

At 7, it's either Taylor or Hockenson.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

With the giant grain of salt you take Charles Davis mock drafts with, he has us taking Fant at 7 and Hockensen falling to Minnesota at 18

(03-15-2019, 05:25 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: With the giant grain of salt you take Charles Davis mock drafts with, he has us taking Fant at 7 and Hockensen falling to Minnesota at 18

I prefer Fant honestly.

(03-15-2019, 08:29 PM)roycee Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 05:25 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: With the giant grain of salt you take Charles Davis mock drafts with, he has us taking Fant at 7 and Hockensen falling to Minnesota at 18

I prefer Fant honestly.

As I indicated earlier, I am trending that way, though I think either guy would be a tremendous boost to our offense.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2019, 10:01 PM by homebiscuit.)

[Image: forrestgump.jpg]

I am not a smart man, but I hope we can get Jace Sternberger. That's all I've got to say about that.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2019, 10:12 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-16-2019, 10:00 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [Image: forrestgump.jpg]

I am not a smart man, but I hope we can get Jace Sternberger. That's all I've got to say about that.

I really like Sternberger.

(03-18-2019, 11:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...2543369216

Oh my goodness. I like syrup with my pancakes.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2019, 11:45 PM by Eric1.)

(03-18-2019, 11:06 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 11:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...2543369216

Oh my goodness. I like syrup with my pancakes.

The first clip is vs Wisconsin, he was great in that entire game. He put on an all around show.

The second clip is vs Indiana and he mauled that same guy around on a couple different plays.

I'd have no issues with us taking him #7 overall (he should be the pick). Dude is a true, all around TE.

That might be the play now that we picked up Conley, the freak athlete, combine killer. The Dallas TE add (Swaim?) could be the starter while the Iowa kid learns or they could pickup more of a pass catcher TE like Fant now that they’ve got Dallas. That guy can block as well. I guess I’d ultimately have to ask Zeke about that tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(03-19-2019, 01:47 AM)TheeKB Wrote: That might be the play now that we picked up Conley, the freak athlete, combine killer. The Dallas TE add (Swaim?) could be the starter while the Iowa kid learns or they could pickup more of a pass catcher TE like Fant now that they’ve got Dallas. That guy can block as well. I guess I’d ultimately have to ask Zeke about that tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tell Zeke I said hello.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

This is just like the year OJ Howard came out of Alabama and a lot of fans wanted him in the first round. I don’t know if I want a TE in the first round, but man we need one bad.

We’ve fielded a bunch of nobodys since Lewis and even he was terrible in the passing game.

I’d be OK with it just to get it out of the way, but I also want a big time WR to compliment Westbrook.

I think our Oline is Ok.

Hello

I'm salivating over the idea of getting a TE who can both block and catch passes. That is a true TE, and that is the true match-up problem that the TE position is supposed to be. A defense has a problem with the true all-around TE, because if it's a running play, the all-around TE will pancake a safety. But if you match him up with a LB, it could be a pass play, and now you're covering him with a LB.

A "pass-catching TE" is just a big WR. Give me that combo guy who can block as well as catch passes. That's how you build a balanced offense where the defense is on their heels and you're not telegraphing the play calls.

(03-21-2019, 07:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I'm salivating over the idea of getting a TE who can both block and catch passes.   That is a true TE, and that is the true match-up problem that the TE position is supposed to be.   A defense has a problem with the true all-around TE, because if it's a running play, the all-around TE will pancake a safety.   But if you match him up with a LB, it could be a pass play, and now you're covering him with a LB.  

A "pass-catching TE" is just a big WR.   Give me that combo guy who can block as well as catch passes.   That's how you build a balanced offense where the defense is on their heels and you're not telegraphing the play calls.

Couldn't agree more. Having him at TE doesn't betray the probability of a run or pass play. This will not only help Foles but Fournette as well. 2 years ago, I was really jonesing for OJ Howard. I was not disappointed with Fournette but really thought Howard could create mismatches. Now that we have Fournette, I'd like to double down on a top TE in this years first. TJ is that TE.

I'm not a "TE in the top ten" guy by general principal, but I'd like to see the Jags take Hockenson at 7 this year.

I'm also fine with an O-Lineman there and a TE in the 2nd or 3rd, but Hockenson looks like he may be worth the pick and there are some good RT/RG prospects projected in the second round.

(03-19-2019, 06:37 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’d be OK with it just to get it out of the way, but I also want a big time WR to compliment Westbrook.

"You look nice today, Dede."

(03-21-2019, 12:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm not a "TE in the top ten" guy by general principal, but I'd like to see the Jags take Hockenson at 7 this year.

I'm also fine with an O-Lineman there and a TE in the 2nd or 3rd, but Hockenson looks like he may be worth the pick and there are some good RT/RG prospects projected in the second round.

I am a trenches guy too but Hockenson sounds like he will function in the blocking area as well as providing a legitimate threat in the passing game, so why not? There are a handful of solid OL guys likely to last into the second round but you could say the opposite as well- OL Taylor, Dillard, etc in the first and some solid TEs in the second.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-21-2019, 01:38 PM)PF* Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 06:37 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I’d be OK with it just to get it out of the way, but I also want a big time WR to compliment Westbrook.

"You look nice today, Dede."

(03-21-2019, 12:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'm not a "TE in the top ten" guy by general principal, but I'd like to see the Jags take Hockenson at 7 this year.

I am a trenches guy too but Hockenson sounds like he will function in the blocking area as well as providing a legitimate threat in the passing game, so why not? There are a handful of solid OL guys likely to last into the second round but you could say the opposite as well- OL Taylor, Dillard, etc in the first and some solid TEs in the second.

Yeah I get that same feeling with Hock (anyone else calling him that or just me?), that it becomes a great pick because you are simultaneously boosting 'the trenches' with blue-collar brute force blocking, and giving Foles the big athletic target in the passing game he desperately needs. Hock for president.

(03-15-2019, 08:29 PM)roycee Wrote:

I prefer Fant honestly.

I used to. But with the questionable right side of our OL, I like Hock's blocking ability coupled with his receiving ability. Whereas Fant is much more of a move TE than inline blocker (though he isn't bad at blocking like a Jimmy Graham at all)