Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leonard Fournette Offseason Updates

(03-20-2019, 03:35 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Those were not legit full squats. And I know the plates look like 45's, but why does it say "25" on the side?

And, to be real, workouts you do in March will have nothing with how ready you are in Sept. Sure, it's worse to gain 100 lbs in the offseason, but I laugh when players/media talk about workouts that are 6 months away from the season. It doesn't really translate. But it DOES show commitment, to a degree, which is important.
Sounds like you never ever played sports

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-20-2019, 09:15 PM)BamboozledAgain Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 03:35 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Those were not legit full squats. And I know the plates look like 45's, but why does it say "25" on the side?

And, to be real, workouts you do in March will have nothing with how ready you are in Sept. Sure, it's worse to gain 100 lbs in the offseason, but I laugh when players/media talk about workouts that are 6 months away from the season. It doesn't really translate. But it DOES show commitment, to a degree, which is important.
Sounds like you never ever played sports

He has good reason to be salty about Fournette - He's a squealer killer:

[Image: ScreenShot2019-03-20at9.23.32PM.png]

(plus another 109 yds and 3 TDs against the squealers in the postseason that year) 

I'd hate on LF if I was a steelers fan too I guess, LOL

(03-20-2019, 08:31 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Hope he finally takes this season seriously. I truly believe that he is the best back in the entire league if he's 100% and hitting holes with a purpose.

LOL my dude... He isn't even the best RB from his own draft class, let alone coming close to even being in the conversation for the best RB in the entire league.

All those muscles don't help him move his feet sideways. He needs to focus on agility first.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(03-20-2019, 10:21 PM)p_rushing Wrote: All those muscles don't help him move his feet sideways. He needs to focus on agility first.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvNkRHnl7mi/?hl=en
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 12:30 AM by Steelers Beaches.)

(03-20-2019, 09:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 09:15 PM)BamboozledAgain Wrote: Sounds like you never ever played sports

He has good reason to be salty about Fournette - He's a squealer killer:

(plus another 109 yds and 3 TDs against the squealers in the postseason that year) 

I Literally didn't even think of that, but now that you bring it up, how did the latest, most recent game go with 4net vs. Steelers? LOSS, bro, LOSS.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401030971

So, not so much of a nightmare after all. He lost. 

I wouldn't even have brought it up, but you have to always try to flame.

(03-20-2019, 10:21 PM)p_rushing Wrote: All those muscles don't help him move his feet sideways. He needs to focus on agility first.

I don't think he can change that much at this point.

(03-20-2019, 09:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 08:31 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Hope he finally takes this season seriously. I truly believe that he is the best back in the entire league if he's 100% and hitting holes with a purpose.

LOL my dude... He isn't even the best RB from his own draft class, let alone coming close to even being in the conversation for the best RB in the entire league.

Don't be a prisoner of the moment..Obviously he has underwhelmed us to this point. Look at his 2017 campaign. Imagine a full season of this guy. I'm not even neccesarily talking about stats.. this guy is evertyhting you want in an NFL RB. Size, speed, and power.

(03-21-2019, 01:06 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 09:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: LOL my dude... He isn't even the best RB from his own draft class, let alone coming close to even being in the conversation for the best RB in the entire league.

Don't be a prisoner of the moment..Obviously he has underwhelmed us to this point. Look at his 2017 campaign. Imagine a full season of this guy. I'm not even neccesarily talking about stats.. this guy is evertyhting you want in an NFL RB. Size, speed, and power.

vision, contact balance, footwork, agility....all way below where you need a #4 overall RB to be imo

(03-21-2019, 12:29 AM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 09:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He has good reason to be salty about Fournette - He's a squealer killer:

I Literally didn't even think of that, but now that you bring it up, how did the latest, most recent game go with 4net vs. Steelers? LOSS, bro, LOSS.

Complete with a drive extending bogus penalty on Calais Campbell for which the league later rescinded the fine on and admitted it was the improper call.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-14-2019, 08:50 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Fournette needs blockers to be successful.  Hopefully the OL can stay healthy and they can find a RT.

Let us not forget about Richardson.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-21-2019, 07:15 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 12:29 AM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: I Literally didn't even think of that, but now that you bring it up, how did the latest, most recent game go with 4net vs. Steelers? LOSS, bro, LOSS.

Complete with a drive extending bogus penalty on Calais Campbell for which the league later rescinded the fine on and admitted it was the improper call.

And LF still ran for 95 yds and a TD in that game. 

That squealer defense seems to struggle stopping the big guy. 

I'm not the most optimistic fan when it comes to Fournette. (didn't want to draft him at #4) 
However -- I think his receiving ability may become an asset in 2019 if he can make the adaptation to working out of shotgun more often and get some timing down with Foles. 
 I really could see DeFilippo getting him the ball in space enough that he'll break off nice chunks of yardage that way. 
And if defenses key on him that way, it leaves lighter coverage on the TE and slot receiver in that quick hit pass game. 

I'm also glad that he seems committed to proving his doubters wrong this year. Hope he pulls it off.

(03-20-2019, 11:01 PM)knarnn Wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvNkRHnl7mi/?hl=en

LF27 getting it in.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-14-2019, 09:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 08:50 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Fournette needs blockers to be successful.  Hopefully the OL can stay healthy and they can find a RT.

And an upgrade at RG.

Cann was our most durable/dependable lineman in 2018. His new position coach specifically targeted him to be resigned because he saw the continued potential. If someone come in and out plays Cann, I'll be surprised to say the least.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-21-2019, 09:57 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 09:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: And an upgrade at RG.

Cann was our most durable/dependable lineman in 2018. His new position coach specifically targeted him to be resigned because he saw the continued potential. If someone come in and out plays Cann, I'll be surprised to say the least.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

I think they'll bring in competition for RT and the loser of that battle will then compete at RG with Cann. 

I find Cann underwhelming in both run blocking and in protection. His salary isn't so high that they'd feel weird about making Cann a backup should he be outplayed in camp.

Put in the WORK Leonard.....this city WANTS to embrace you. When you waved on Mike Mitchell, you planted a seed to become a franchise icon. Water it.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I think a lot of the guys got complacent with their success in 2017 and thought they would just out-talent everybody. Last season was a huge wake up call and hopefully they're all back with a vengeance

(03-21-2019, 01:41 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 01:06 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Don't be a prisoner of the moment..Obviously he has underwhelmed us to this point. Look at his 2017 campaign. Imagine a full season of this guy. I'm not even neccesarily talking about stats.. this guy is evertyhting you want in an NFL RB. Size, speed, and power.

vision, contact balance, footwork, agility....all way below where you need a #4 overall RB to be imo

And why do you think he was better in all of those categories in 2017? It’s because he actually had something to play for. Almost No RB in the NFL is gonna throw their body into an NFL defense for nothing. Especially if they’re hurt. I’m not making excuses for him, he obviously needs to make some serious adjustments in terms of his health, as well as his maturity. I’ve watched NFL football For a long time, this guy gets his act together, hes a top 3 back.

(03-21-2019, 01:13 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 01:41 AM)JackCity Wrote: vision, contact balance, footwork, agility....all way below where you need a #4 overall RB to be imo

And why do you think he was better in all of those categories in 2017? It’s because he actually had something to play for. Almost No RB in the NFL is gonna throw their body into an NFL defense for nothing. Especially if they’re hurt. I’m not making excuses for him, he obviously needs to make some serious adjustments in terms of his health, as well as his maturity. I’ve watched NFL football For a long time, this guy gets his act together, hes a top 3 back.

What does that even mean?  You might want to check how many of the top 10 ranked running backs were in the playoffs last year.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 07:00 PM by Mowerguy.)

I'm hoping....and seeing the wyoming video I think he did........that LF27 got the "memo".
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Let’s hope he’s changing for the better and will live up to his potential. He’s got a huge upside if he can mature and stay healthy.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!