Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leonard Fournette Offseason Updates

Does anyone know when will they rule on the appeal regarding the Jags nullifying his guaranteed money? Haven't heard or seen anything about that?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2019, 01:42 PM by Steelers Beaches.)

(03-20-2019, 03:48 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 03:35 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Those were not legit full squats. And I know the plates look like 45's, but why does it say "25" on the side?

And, to be real, workouts you do in March will have nothing with how ready you are in Sept. Sure, it's worse to gain 100 lbs in the offseason, but I laugh when players/media talk about workouts that are 6 months away from the season. It doesn't really translate. But it DOES show commitment, to a degree, which is important.

How many reps had he done previously? Was this a pyramid exercise? You don't know!

And if you believe muscle workouts do nothing for a player starting in March then...damn! Squats are the perfect mult-joint and muscle full body exercise that helps build strength, speed, and to help avoid injury. It is also a really good core exercise. The best benefit is the fact that it works large muscle groups that have the benefit of releasing human growth hormone and testosterone. A lot of benefits outside of basic commitment.

All true, but squats in March do not impact your condition in Sept.

(03-20-2019, 09:15 PM)BamboozledAgain Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 03:35 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Those were not legit full squats. And I know the plates look like 45's, but why does it say "25" on the side?

And, to be real, workouts you do in March will have nothing with how ready you are in Sept. Sure, it's worse to gain 100 lbs in the offseason, but I laugh when players/media talk about workouts that are 6 months away from the season. It doesn't really translate. But it DOES show commitment, to a degree, which is important.
Sounds like you never ever played sports

Sounds like you don't even understand how weight lifting works.

(03-21-2019, 07:15 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 12:29 AM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: I Literally didn't even think of that, but now that you bring it up, how did the latest, most recent game go with 4net vs. Steelers? LOSS, bro, LOSS.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401030971

So, not so much of a nightmare after all. He lost. 

I wouldn't even have brought it up, but you have to always try to flame.
Complete with a drive extending bogus penalty on Calais Campbell for which the league later rescinded the fine on and admitted it was the improper call.

Wait, the most recent loss to the Steelers was the refs' fault? Perfect.

(03-21-2019, 09:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 07:15 AM)Rico Wrote: Complete with a drive extending bogus penalty on Calais Campbell for which the league later rescinded the fine on and admitted it was the improper call.

And LF still ran for 95 yds and a TD in that game. 

That squealer defense seems to struggle stopping the big guy. 

I'm not the most optimistic fan when it comes to Fournette. (didn't want to draft him at #4) 
However -- I think his receiving ability may become an asset in 2019 if he can make the adaptation to working out of shotgun more often and get some timing down with Foles. 
 I really could see DeFilippo getting him the ball in space enough that he'll break off nice chunks of yardage that way. 
And if defenses key on him that way, it leaves lighter coverage on the TE and slot receiver in that quick hit pass game. 

I'm also glad that he seems committed to proving his doubters wrong this year. Hope he pulls it off.

Only thing that matters is scoreboard. Don't you listen to Jim Rome? LF lost.

LOL

Fournette is just the latest Jag RB to own the squealers.

They’ve been at it for two decades now.

You wanna play scoreboard cards??

Jags are up 14-12 head to head in the rivalry including 2 playoff victories at Heinz.

I’d be triggered by Jags RBs if I were a sorry [BLEEP] steeler fan too.

(03-23-2019, 02:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Jags are up 14-12 head to head in the rivalry including 2 playoff victories at Heinz.

Oh, you want to really play the scorecards that are MOST significant? New Yorkers are really sumpthin'.

I think since Flip prefers the shotgun that we’ll hopefully see Fournette featured as a pass catcher, of which he quietly excels. Maybe giving him a head of steam on screens is better than constantly pounding him inside.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-27-2019, 10:06 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I think since Flip prefers the shotgun that we’ll hopefully see Fournette featured as a pass catcher, of which he quietly excels. Maybe giving him a head of steam on screens is better than constantly pounding him inside.

I've been beating this drum as well. I think we will see an increased amount of targets for LF under Defilippo. And that's a good thing. 

It will also be nice to see those passes reach him on time and not require him to contort his body and alter his route to catch them.

(03-27-2019, 11:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 10:06 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I think since Flip prefers the shotgun that we’ll hopefully see Fournette featured as a pass catcher, of which he quietly excels. Maybe giving him a head of steam on screens is better than constantly pounding him inside.

I've been beating this drum as well. I think we will see an increased amount of targets for LF under Defilippo. And that's a good thing. 

It will also be nice to see those passes reach him on time and not require him to contort his body and alter his route to catch them.

Yea, Blake wasn't even accurate at screen passes. Foles will be much better.

(03-27-2019, 03:21 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 11:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've been beating this drum as well. I think we will see an increased amount of targets for LF under Defilippo. And that's a good thing. 

Yea, Blake wasn't even accurate at screen passes. Foles will be much better.

When I learned that Blake is naturally left handed, it all made sense. When I try to throw left handed, my motion gets longer and resembles his windup. I'm also not very accurate. I guess if I were considerably younger and 6'5" I could be an NFL backup and save my natural throwing arm for baseball.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 06:25 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/11...59426?s=21

https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/11...26151?s=21

https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/11...22880?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-24-2019, 04:30 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 02:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: LOL

Oh, you want to really play the scorecards that are MOST significant? New Yorkers are really sumpthin'.
So thumping your chest over a last second, ref aided win over an injury depleted team where neither team reached the playoffs is worthwhile?

When both teams are good, the Jaguars tend to win, having punked you from the playoffs twice in your crib.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-27-2019, 04:40 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 03:21 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Yea, Blake wasn't even accurate at screen passes. Foles will be much better.

When I learned that Blake is naturally left handed, it all made sense. When I try to throw left handed, my motion gets longer and resembles his windup. I'm also not very accurate. I guess if I were considerably younger and 6'5" I could be an NFL backup and save my natural throwing arm for baseball.

Rafa Nadal is also right handed and plays left handed. I don't think we one handed types really understand.

(04-17-2019, 09:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Trrevvv15/status/111...3557955585

Now they just need to teach him that move on grass so he stops running up Linder's back  Big Grin

(04-18-2019, 03:05 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 09:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/Trrevvv15/status/111...3557955585

Now they just need to teach him that move on grass so he stops running up Linder's back  Big Grin

Yup, it's pretty sad that his step back, jump shot 3 pointer is better than pretty much everything hes done on the football field for us.

https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/11...70979?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(05-02-2019, 04:03 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/11...70979?s=21

Looks like it was deleted. What did it say?

(05-02-2019, 04:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 04:03 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/11...70979?s=21

Looks like it was deleted. What did it say?

Weird.

He tweeted he weighed in at 223 pounds today.

(05-02-2019, 04:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/11...6776049664

Does Foles have moobs?