Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles a Beach Brother?

I just saw a Foles interview where they asked Foles if "this Jax Beach Weather was OK with him?" And he said, "I got no complaints," with a big smile. 

I also know Coughlin lives at the Beaches too. 

Brunell did too. 

I hope I bump into Foles sometimes at the beaches. Tom used to shop at the same wine store as I do. 

Where do most Jags players live?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-14-2019, 03:37 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Where do most Jags players live?

In houses or condos I assume.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(03-14-2019, 03:37 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: I just saw a Foles interview where they asked Foles if "this Jax Beach Weather was OK with him?" And he said, "I got no complaints," with a big smile. 

Brunell did too. 

I hope I bump into Foles sometimes at the beaches. Tom used to shop at the same wine store as I do. 

Many of them live in the Beaches area (mostly Ponte Vedra) but more and more are choosing condos downtown or across the river from downtown along the southbank. 
I know a few of them reside in Queens Harbor as well. 

I doubt Nick Foles has chosen a home yet, but he can certainly afford to live anywhere he pleases.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 04:12 PM by Steelers Beaches.)

(03-14-2019, 03:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 03:37 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: I just saw a Foles interview where they asked Foles if "this Jax Beach Weather was OK with him?" And he said, "I got no complaints," with a big smile. 

Brunell did too. 

Many of them live in the Beaches area (mostly Ponte Vedra) but more and more are choosing condos downtown or across the river from downtown along the southbank. 

I doubt Nick Foles has chosen a home yet, but he can certainly afford to live anywhere he pleases.

That's for certain. I do feel "a little" sorry for players who come here in Spring, and think the weather here is so idyllic. It IS for most of the year, but I remember hearing Jones-Drew and Mercedes Lewis saying how it was just like So Cal here, same weather and palm trees. (It was in April, after the draft). And I thought, "Wait until training camp in July/Aug. You might notice a difference from So Cal at that point." 

The 1st time I experienced summer training camp heat (2001), we took an 8-pack of cold brews with us and had them crushed within a half hour, not because we were trying to catch a buzz, but because it was so hot we could help sucking them down at a very fast clip.

Any how, welcome Nick, where ever you end up living. Get ready for that Jville summer, but the heat (and conditioning to it) does give Jville a decided advantage come Sept day (and night?) games, no doubt. I laugh when I'm watching games (the latest an AAF game) where the announcers keep mentioning how heat is a factor when it's like 75 degrees. Ha! Try 95 with 95 humidity! Now we're talking heat.

Brunell did too. 

I've never really thought about it, but I would guess that many players rent a place here in Jacksonville to stay at during the season but live elsewhere.  Jalen Ramsey is a good example.  His home is in Nashville (I think).  Josh Scobee still lives in Mandarin.  Jack del Rio used to live on the Westside and frequent Timaquana Country Club quite often.  Basically players live pretty much all over Jacksonville and not necessarily in one area.  Out towards the beaches makes sense, especially if they are not originally from here.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Many previous players live along the river in Mandarin. Janikowski has a house here too.

Lots of guys lived in the apartments/condos at the end of Baymeadows for a while. Also, Queen's harbour.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(03-14-2019, 04:05 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Brunell did too. 

I've never really thought about it, but I would guess that many players rent a place here in Jacksonville to stay at during the season but live elsewhere.  Jalen Ramsey is a good example.  His home is in Nashville (I think).  Josh Scobee still lives in Mandarin.  Jack del Rio used to live on the Westside and frequent Timaquana Country Club quite often.  Basically players live pretty much all over Jacksonville and not necessarily in one area.  Out towards the beaches makes sense, especially if they are not originally from here.

Yeah, Ramsey's dad and family live here in Smyrna which is right outside Nashville.

Theres a nice 3 level on the beach for sale right now Tongue

There's a few players that live in Ponte Vedra Beach. I think Malik Jackson was in one of the condos at Jax Beach IIRC.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(03-14-2019, 04:26 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Many previous players live along the river in Mandarin. Janikowski has a house here too.

Lots of guys lived in the apartments/condos at the end of Baymeadows for a while. Also, Queen's harbour.

The kicker? He had a house right across the street from a buddy of mine in Jax Beach. I don't think he ever played here, he did go to FSU but that's not that close. I guess he bought it for an investment. He is still playing in NFL.

Marsh Landing and Queens Harbour have always been pretty popular with the players. Same with the condos on either side of the river. I know JDR lived in Ortega along the water, and was constantly being chided because he was one of the biggest water users in the city even during dry seasons. Even after he was fired, he retained that property at least until Luke graduated HS.

Janikowski never played here, but he retains a residence here during the offseason because he loves the golf.

Foles sounds like he wants to live near or at the beach. There are a ton of executive properties for sale out there that would be perfect for he and his family that are ocean front with private beaches, especially further south along A1A, south of Sawgrass.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 06:04 PM by homebiscuit.)

(03-14-2019, 03:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Brunell did too. 

Blake Bortles has one on the market.

Dang it, someone beat me to it.

(03-14-2019, 04:02 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 03:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Many of them live in the Beaches area (mostly Ponte Vedra) but more and more are choosing condos downtown or across the river from downtown along the southbank. 

That's for certain. I do feel "a little" sorry for players who come here in Spring, and think the weather here is so idyllic. It IS for most of the year, but I remember hearing Jones-Drew and Mercedes Lewis saying how it was just like So Cal here, same weather and palm trees. (It was in April, after the draft). And I thought, "Wait until training camp in July/Aug. You might notice a difference from So Cal at that point." 

The 1st time I experienced summer training camp heat (2001), we took an 8-pack of cold brews with us and had them crushed within a half hour, not because we were trying to catch a buzz, but because it was so hot we could help sucking them down at a very fast clip.

Any how, welcome Nick, where ever you end up living. Get ready for that Jville summer, but the heat (and conditioning to it) does give Jville a decided advantage come Sept day (and night?) games, no doubt. I laugh when I'm watching games (the latest an AAF game) where the announcers keep mentioning how heat is a factor when it's like 75 degrees. Ha! Try 95 with 95 humidity! Now we're talking heat.

I have a friend (no, really) that works security at the stadium. He says the heat is the biggest complaint from visiting teams. They're simply in disbelief about how hot it is in September and October.

(03-14-2019, 04:51 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Theres a nice 3 level on the beach for sale right now Tongue

That is a sweet house though

(03-14-2019, 06:10 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 04:02 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: That's for certain. I do feel "a little" sorry for players who come here in Spring, and think the weather here is so idyllic. It IS for most of the year, but I remember hearing Jones-Drew and Mercedes Lewis saying how it was just like So Cal here, same weather and palm trees. (It was in April, after the draft). And I thought, "Wait until training camp in July/Aug. You might notice a difference from So Cal at that point." 

I have a friend (no, really) that works security at the stadium. He says the heat is the biggest complaint from visiting teams. They're simply in disbelief about how hot it is in September and October.
Jax is usually good for a few upsets at home in Sept./Oct, a lot due to that heat.