Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geoff Swaim Signed

I know nothing about Swain but I do know that I like this signing for some reason. Hopefully he'll be an solid blocking TE and an good pass catching TE provided that he stays healthy. Draft an TE as the primary pass catcher at the position and we'll be O.K.

Welcome to the Bank Geoff Swaim.

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Seems like the replacement for Marcedes that we didn’t make last year, much like Ryan is a Poz replacement that we missed last year too.

Swaim's deal is minimal. He signed a 2 year $5.5m deal, with a $500,000 signing bonus and $1.5m first year salary. His cap hit this year will be $1.75m.

In year 2, the base salary jumps to $3.5m. So, if the Jags like him enough to keep him in year 2, his cap hit is then $3.75. If they don't like him enough to justify the $3.5m salary, the Jags can release him for a nominal $250,000 dead cap hit in 2020.

I like the deal.

I thought Swaim looked Witten-esque in playstyle before his injury this year. I remember seeing some catches a couple of times that made me forget Witten had retired.

I see Swaim as I guy who is a pretty sure-handed safety valve for a QB check down.
He can execute a chip block and leak out to the flat or underneath for a quick 4-8 yard gain if receivers are covered.

Outside of that he can catch the ball down the seam with his hands, but they rarely used him that way in dallas.

Given DeFilippo's assumed offensive direction with Foles behind center, one of the best ways to use Swaim may be in the screen game.

Here's Swaim taking advantage of some excellent blocking in a well executed screen:

[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Amazing! He didn't hit the turf on first contact! When is the last time we had a TE like that?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Dude also had 13 catches for 84 yards in college at Texas so he definitely proved in the past that he's not one dimensional

(03-20-2019, 10:51 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: I thought Swaim looked Witten-esque in playstyle before his injury this year.  I remember seeing some catches a couple of times that made me forget Witten had retired.

Witten is no longer retired btw. He came out of retirement for one more season with the Cowboys.
'02