Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Geoff Swaim Signed

The Jags signed a TE today, Geoff Swaim from the Cowboys.  He was a 7th round draft choice in the 2016 draft, and measures 6'4 3/8" and about 260.  At his University of Texas pro day, he ran a 4.7 40, 35 1/2" vertical, and a 10'4" broadjump.  He is known more as a blocking TE.  In his first two seasons, he was 3rd string behind Hanna and Witten, and ended up on IR each season (pectoral tear, foot fracture, and knee injury).  With the retirements of Hanna and Witten, Swaim started 9 games last year, with 26 receptions, again used primarily as a blocking TE.  He broke his wrist in week 11 and was put on IR for the 3rd season.  

Fills a void on the cheap.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 09:46 AM by jvillejagsn1.)

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Camp competition.

I certainly wouldn't pencil him in, but I'm glad they've begun to collect some depth for the position at least.

(03-15-2019, 09:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Camp competition.

I certainly wouldn't pencil him in, but I'm glad they've begun to collect some depth for the position at least.

He was actually pretty solid last year prior to being sent to IR. Something to the tune of 25 catches for 250 yards. As long as the FO isn’t done at the position, I’d think he’d do well as a #2 TE.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Solid TE3 depth kinda guy

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 10:07 AM by rpr52121.)

Preferred Levine Toilolo, but Swaim may have been cheaper. I know his past injuries are sort of random, but they are worrisome given the Jags horrible luck at the position. Yay for depth though.

Remember him catchin a pass or two against us last season and wondering who was he. Well now I know lol.

Decent pickup I think. He's a jack of all trades kinds guy

I saw a few Cowboys games last year, and liked everything I saw about him. Not super speedy, but could block and catch. A younger Jesse James type. Couldn't be worse than what we've already got.

(03-15-2019, 10:06 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I saw a few Cowboys games last year, and liked everything I saw about him.  Not super speedy, but could block and catch.  A younger Jesse James type.  Couldn't be worse than what we've already got.

Jesse james is 3 years younger than Swaim.

(03-15-2019, 10:12 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 10:06 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I saw a few Cowboys games last year, and liked everything I saw about him.  Not super speedy, but could block and catch.  A younger Jesse James type.  Couldn't be worse than what we've already got.

Jesse james is 3 years younger than Swaim.

10 months younger actually. I'm feeling pedantic today.

He was a solid, catch everything TE and good blocker until he went to IR. Not a very fast dude. He did some work in that 40-7 game against us. Only had a few catches but if I remember right, he stoned our defenders quite often. He was on the line a ton and also run blocked. Prescott scored off of one of his blocks. Depending on the contract, this may be a solid pickup. Surely better than the brick-handed turnstiles we have now.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-15-2019, 09:44 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Fills a void on the cheap.

I'll believe it when I see it.

It's still early in free agency and the bargain shopping hasn't started yet. Also, the Jags have overpaid just about every free agent they've signed since Caldwell took over.

This sounds like a good signing, but not at (say) $5M per year. I hope you're right about the "cheap" part.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Hey we picked up Jimmy Smith off the scrap heap and didn’t the Cowboys give on him due to injuries too?

I mean, a fan can dream.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 11:26 AM by Talented Kalamari. Edit Reason: spelling error )

Judging by how crap every Free Agent TE we've signed has been, my expectations are low. Seriously though, I think it was a good pickup.

Wait for it,

Chaaaammmpppiiioonnsshhiippp

(03-15-2019, 09:44 AM)ATLjag Wrote: The Jags signed a TE today, Geoff Swaim from the Cowboys.  He was a 7th round draft choice in the 2016 draft, and measures 6'4 3/8" and about 260.  At his University of Texas pro day, he ran a 4.7 40, 35 1/2" vertical, and a 10'4" broadjump.  He is known more as a blocking TE.  In his first two seasons, he was 3rd string behind Hanna and Witten, and ended up on IR each season (pectoral tear, foot fracture, and knee injury).  With the retirements of Hanna and Witten, Swaim started 9 games last year, with 26 receptions, again used primarily as a blocking TE.  He broke his wrist in week 11 and was put on IR for the 3rd season.  

Fills a void on the cheap.

Let's see the salary first. It's awfully early in the process to be getting guys on one-year, league minimum deals. This move does reinforce my thinking that the team intends to find their starter in the draft.

(03-15-2019, 11:26 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Judging by how crap every Free Agent TE we've signed has been, my expectations are low. Seriously though, I think it was a good pickup.

Kyle Brady?

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 02:06 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-15-2019, 02:05 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Swaim's first day of conditioning as a Jag:

https://twitter.com/3hunnidF/status/1107707189018456065