Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OL Cedric Ogbuehi visiting (Signed)

(03-17-2019, 09:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 08:33 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: That's what considering "need" leads to in the draft. You take the Williams and pass on Roethlisburger, or take Matt Jones and pass on Aaron Rodgers, or take Fournette and pass on Mahomes.

Every single team considers need with 90% of their draft picks.

LOL

What a ridiculous statement. 

Passing on mahomes was bad scouting and poor QB eval.

Whatever you want to call it they've made a pattern of it. Taking Williams and Mattloaf were inexcusable examples of what this team has repeatedly done, and the reason it's had nothing but futility in the 21st century.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-17-2019, 09:14 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 09:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Every single team considers need with 90% of their draft picks.

LOL

Whatever you want to call it they've made a pattern of it. Taking Williams and Mattloaf were inexcusable examples of what this team has repeatedly done, and the reason it's had nothing but futility in the 21st century.

Different regimes.  Unworthy of comparison. 

I find it odd when people rope in the blunders of various GM's and front office decision makers all together. 

Shack made his mistakes, Gene made almost nothing but, Dave made his share, and now Cough-well are making theirs collectively. 

What this team has done and will do under the current front office has zero ties to "what this team has repeatedly done."  

Personally -- I like how this offseason is going and I'm excited about what Tom and Dave will do in the draft. They've got a trove of picks that could yield a few starters and impact players. I expect they'll draft OL and TE unless a defender of ridiculous value falls to them. And I'll be OK with addressing NEED that way.

(03-17-2019, 10:02 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 09:14 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Whatever you want to call it they've made a pattern of it. Taking Williams and Mattloaf were inexcusable examples of what this team has repeatedly done, and the reason it's had nothing but futility in the 21st century.

Different regimes.  Unworthy of comparison. 

I find it odd when people rope in the blunders of various GM's and front office decision makers all together. 

Shack made his mistakes, Gene made almost nothing but, Dave made his share, and now Cough-well are making theirs collectively. 

What this team has done and will do under the current front office has zero ties to "what this team has repeatedly done."  

Personally -- I like how this offseason is going and I'm excited about what Tom and Dave will do in the draft. They've got a trove of picks that could yield a few starters and impact players. I expect they'll draft OL and TE unless a defender of ridiculous value falls to them. And I'll be OK with addressing NEED that way.

Of course they're related. The successive front offices haven't taken any lessons from what happened before. They're still trying to do the same thing each group has done, which is to draft need instead of value.

Either that or none of them are very good at assessing value.

(03-16-2019, 01:31 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Sometimes I think we have the most negative fan base outside the Acela Corridor. Ogbuehi is clearly a depth guy that they're hoping might turn into something more.

Hahaha, Couldn’t have said it better man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(03-15-2019, 12:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:38 PM)NCJag Wrote: I've been married to my old lady for 11 years.  Right before we got married, was the glorious Pitt/Jags playoff game where Garrard scrambled on 4th and 2.  After that....a decade of sadness.  My kids are 9, 7, and 5 and have never seen a GOOD Jaguars team, save for the 2017 playoff run.  I evacuated for Hurricane Florence, came home to Jax and took in the Jags/Pats game last year.  It feels like we sold our soul to finally win that game.  And then......the team falls off a friggen cliff.  It's hard.  I'll be 40 in a few months and my team has basically sucked almost my whole adult life.

Yet, hope springs eternal with every new chapter of FA and the draft.
This is one reason why I record the games.  During the offseason and down times, I can go back and revisit happier times and better teams.

hopefully, fate will be on our side for the foreseeable future and with Foles leading us, we will be contenders again.

BTW, Congrats on the family!

(03-15-2019, 12:39 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Leftwich, Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Reggie Nelson, Derrick Harvey, Eugene Monroe, Tyson Alualu, Blaine Gabbert, Justin Blackmon, The Joke, Bortles, Fowler, Taven Bryan...... OMG why did I just do this to myself bwahahahahaha Oh the memories!

We seem to be gluttons for punishment at times.   Wallbash Laughing

Do you put the games on utube?

(03-17-2019, 03:08 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Jake Fisher or Cedric Ogbuehi? You decide who was the better player against the Browns.

Ask any Bengals fan. They both suck, but Ogbuehi was worse.

Say what you will, but we need someone to replace Parnell. I don’t think it’s a particularly bad move tbh

(03-17-2019, 06:12 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Say what you will, but we need someone to replace Parnell. I don’t think it’s a particularly bad move tbh

If this is what ends up happening, we should have just kept Parnell. I think Richardson is plan A, but a high draft pick along the OL would be welcomed by me (and certainly by Foles).

(03-17-2019, 06:12 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Say what you will, but we need someone to replace Parnell. I don’t think it’s a particularly bad move tbh

Apparently, you've never seen Ogbuehi play. He is a definite downgrade from Parnell. I'm praying he doesn't make the team.

(03-17-2019, 09:14 AM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 09:03 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Every single team considers need with 90% of their draft picks.

LOL

I don't disagree that the Jags have made many bad picks. But need vs. BAP was not always a factor, and player evaluation is more important. The existence of an Aaron Rodgers or Pat Mahomes who turned out to be the best players doesn't make them the BAP if you didn't think they were the best when you picked.

Fred Taylor was a need pick. So were Stroud and Henderson. Mattloaf was a BAP pick. So was Joeckel. We had bigger needs than RB when we picked Fournette, but he was believed to be a generational RB, the next Earl Campbell.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(03-17-2019, 10:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Apparently, you've never seen Ogbuehi play. He is a definite downgrade from Parnell. I'm praying he doesn't make the team.

Has anyone seen contract numbers for him yet?

(03-17-2019, 10:40 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 10:22 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Apparently, you've never seen Ogbuehi play. He is a definite downgrade from Parnell. I'm praying he doesn't make the team.

Has anyone seen contract numbers for him yet?

I'm not seeing any contract numbers anywhere.

This is exactly the kind of signing, along with the LB, WR, and TE, that you want to see entering the draft.

They'll get to compete, but they still must produce. Doesn't change the draft needs, but lessens the influence of need on BAP.

Biggest holes are being addressed with competition. Let their desire sort it out.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

If they were looking for a swing tackle/backup, I would rather have Wells or even Walker.

(03-17-2019, 11:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 10:40 PM)TJBender Wrote: Has anyone seen contract numbers for him yet?

I'm not seeing any contract numbers anywhere.

Ereck Flowers signed a 1 year, $4M deal with the Redskins, so there's the likely ballpark. He was a bust for the Giants, but I thought he played pretty well for the Jags, especially since he had to learn the plays on the fly.

It will be interesting to see if the Jags signed Ogbuehi because he was much cheaper. Hopefully we didn't pay more for him than $4M.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Foles is just going to get killed here.
No pain, no gain.

(03-19-2019, 11:59 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Foles is just going to get killed here.

Why is that?

(03-18-2019, 10:47 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 11:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I'm not seeing any contract numbers anywhere.

Ereck Flowers signed a 1 year, $4M deal with the Redskins, so there's the likely ballpark. He was a bust for the Giants, but I thought he played pretty well for the Jags, especially since he had to learn the plays on the fly.

It will be interesting to see if the Jags signed Ogbuehi because he was much cheaper. Hopefully we didn't pay more for him than $4M.

much cheaper

vet minimum for one year

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...3672652800

(03-19-2019, 12:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 11:59 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Foles is just going to get killed here.

Why is that?

(03-18-2019, 10:47 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Ereck Flowers signed a 1 year, $4M deal with the Redskins, so there's the likely ballpark. He was a bust for the Giants, but I thought he played pretty well for the Jags, especially since he had to learn the plays on the fly.

much cheaper

vet minimum for one year

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...3672652800

I WANT to believe the Jags can do something with Ogbuhei.  Flowers was a laughing stock in NY, and he became FAIRLY serviceable here.  Parlayed that into a 4M contract.  Not expecting the same success with Cedric, but who knows...maybe a light will finally flip on and he can figure SOMETHING out at RT.  He said the right things in December.  Here's hoping he can finally sharpen his skills at turn into a diamond in the rough find.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/12...t-bengals/

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn