Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
OL Cedric Ogbuehi visiting (Signed)

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/statu...35778?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I know nothing about this man.

(03-15-2019, 12:14 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I know nothing about this man.

First round pick out of TA&M, stunk it up for 4 years, couldn't hold a spot.  Bengals declined 5th year option.  He was a healthy scratch for most of the season last year.  

First impressions:  YIKES.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

He is one the Aggie crew from Sherman and Sumlin. Pass, at best it would be Joekel 2.0. I don't think any of those prospects really learned technique all that well in college and it didn't get better in NFL.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 12:23 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-15-2019, 12:20 PM)NCJag Wrote:

First round pick out of TA&M, stunk it up for 4 years, couldn't hold a spot.  Bengals declined 5th year option.  He was a healthy scratch for most of the season last year.  

Yep.

Joeckel v 2.0

(03-15-2019, 12:20 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: He is one the Aggie crew from Sherman and Sumlin. Pass, at best it would be Joekel 2.0. I don't think any of those prospects really learned technique all that well in college and it didn't get better in NFL.

Not the only one who thought that.   Laughing

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-15-2019, 12:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:20 PM)NCJag Wrote: First round pick out of TA&M, stunk it up for 4 years, couldn't hold a spot.  Bengals declined 5th year option.  He was a healthy scratch for most of the season last year.  

Yep.

Joeckel v 2.0

(03-15-2019, 12:20 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: He is one the Aggie crew from Sherman and Sumlin. Pass, at best it would be Joekel 2.0. I don't think any of those prospects really learned technique all that well in college and it didn't get better in NFL.

Not the only one who thought that.

Maybe i've blocked most of it out, but wasn't Joke actually "okay" at RT?  Or was it G?  I can't....or don't WANT to remember.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-15-2019, 12:23 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:21 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Yep.

Joeckel v 2.0

Not the only one who thought that.

Maybe i've blocked most of it out, but wasn't Joke actually "okay" at RT?  Or was it G?  I can't....or don't WANT to remember.

Just let it go, man.  Just let it go.

You don't want to re-visit the lack of power...the failures.

(03-15-2019, 12:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:23 PM)NCJag Wrote: Maybe i've blocked most of it out, but wasn't Joke actually "okay" at RT?  Or was it G?  I can't....or don't WANT to remember.

Just let it go, man.  Just let it go.

But failures are ALL WE HAVE!!  Soward, Williams, Jones, Nelson, Harvey, Monroe, Gabbert, Blackmon, Joeckel, Bortles, Fowler......the hit parade from the first round this century has been......GEH!

(03-15-2019, 12:29 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Just let it go, man.  Just let it go.

But failures are ALL WE HAVE!!  Soward, Williams, Jones, Nelson, Harvey, Monroe, Gabbert, Blackmon, Joeckel, Bortles, Fowler......the hit parade from the first round this century has been......GEH!

There are kernels of hope.  We hit on Stroud, Henderson, Ramsey.

Focus on them my friend. 

But egads that list is bad!

(03-15-2019, 12:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:29 PM)NCJag Wrote: But failures are ALL WE HAVE!!  Soward, Williams, Jones, Nelson, Harvey, Monroe, Gabbert, Blackmon, Joeckel, Bortles, Fowler......the hit parade from the first round this century has been......GEH!

Focus on them my friend. 

I've been married to my old lady for 11 years.  Right before we got married, was the glorious Pitt/Jags playoff game where Garrard scrambled on 4th and 2.  After that....a decade of sadness.  My kids are 9, 7, and 5 and have never seen a GOOD Jaguars team, save for the 2017 playoff run.  I evacuated for Hurricane Florence, came home to Jax and took in the Jags/Pats game last year.  It feels like we sold our soul to finally win that game.  And then......the team falls off a friggen cliff.  It's hard.  I'll be 40 in a few months and my team has basically sucked almost my whole adult life.

Yet, hope springs eternal with every new chapter of FA and the draft.

(03-15-2019, 12:29 PM)NCJag Wrote: But failures are ALL WE HAVE!!  Soward, Williams, Jones, Nelson, Harvey, Monroe, Gabbert, Blackmon, Joeckel, Bortles, Fowler......the hit parade from the first round this century has been......GEH!

Focus on them my friend. 

Leftwich, Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Reggie Nelson, Derrick Harvey, Eugene Monroe, Tyson Alualu, Blaine Gabbert, Justin Blackmon, The Joke, Bortles, Fowler, Taven Bryan...... OMG why did I just do this to myself bwahahahahaha Oh the memories!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 12:55 PM by Bullseye.)

(03-15-2019, 12:38 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: There are kernels of hope.  We hit on Stroud, Henderson, Ramsey.

Focus on them my friend. 

I've been married to my old lady for 11 years.  Right before we got married, was the glorious Pitt/Jags playoff game where Garrard scrambled on 4th and 2.  After that....a decade of sadness.  My kids are 9, 7, and 5 and have never seen a GOOD Jaguars team, save for the 2017 playoff run.  I evacuated for Hurricane Florence, came home to Jax and took in the Jags/Pats game last year.  It feels like we sold our soul to finally win that game.  And then......the team falls off a friggen cliff.  It's hard.  I'll be 40 in a few months and my team has basically sucked almost my whole adult life.

This is one reason why I record the games.  During the offseason and down times, I can go back and revisit happier times and better teams.

hopefully, fate will be on our side for the foreseeable future and with Foles leading us, we will be contenders again.

BTW, Congrats on the family!

(03-15-2019, 12:39 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:32 PM)Bullseye Wrote: There are kernels of hope.  We hit on Stroud, Henderson, Ramsey.

Focus on them my friend. 

Leftwich, Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Reggie Nelson, Derrick Harvey, Eugene Monroe, Tyson Alualu, Blaine Gabbert, Justin Blackmon, The Joke, Bortles, Fowler, Taven Bryan...... OMG why did I just do this to myself bwahahahahaha Oh the memories!

We seem to be gluttons for punishment at times.   Wallbash Laughing

(03-15-2019, 12:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:38 PM)NCJag Wrote: I've been married to my old lady for 11 years.  Right before we got married, was the glorious Pitt/Jags playoff game where Garrard scrambled on 4th and 2.  After that....a decade of sadness.  My kids are 9, 7, and 5 and have never seen a GOOD Jaguars team, save for the 2017 playoff run.  I evacuated for Hurricane Florence, came home to Jax and took in the Jags/Pats game last year.  It feels like we sold our soul to finally win that game.  And then......the team falls off a friggen cliff.  It's hard.  I'll be 40 in a few months and my team has basically sucked almost my whole adult life.

This is one reason why I record the games.  During the offseason and down times, I can go back and revisit happier times and better teams.

hopefully, fate will be on our side for the foreseeable future and with Foles leading us, we will be contenders again.

(03-15-2019, 12:39 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Leftwich, Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Reggie Nelson, Derrick Harvey, Eugene Monroe, Tyson Alualu, Blaine Gabbert, Justin Blackmon, The Joke, Bortles, Fowler, Taven Bryan...... OMG why did I just do this to myself bwahahahahaha Oh the memories!

Appreciate it!  When I retired from the military, I set up shop in Jacksonville (go figure) North Carolina.  I've got a Jaguars helmet on my desk.  If anyone questions me on it I always tell them, "They're my home team.  If I don't root for them, who will?"  It started out funny, now it's just painful, lol.

(03-15-2019, 12:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:38 PM)NCJag Wrote: I've been married to my old lady for 11 years.  Right before we got married, was the glorious Pitt/Jags playoff game where Garrard scrambled on 4th and 2.  After that....a decade of sadness.  My kids are 9, 7, and 5 and have never seen a GOOD Jaguars team, save for the 2017 playoff run.  I evacuated for Hurricane Florence, came home to Jax and took in the Jags/Pats game last year.  It feels like we sold our soul to finally win that game.  And then......the team falls off a friggen cliff.  It's hard.  I'll be 40 in a few months and my team has basically sucked almost my whole adult life.

(03-15-2019, 12:39 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Leftwich, Reggie Williams, Matt Jones, Reggie Nelson, Derrick Harvey, Eugene Monroe, Tyson Alualu, Blaine Gabbert, Justin Blackmon, The Joke, Bortles, Fowler, Taven Bryan...... OMG why did I just do this to myself bwahahahahaha Oh the memories!

Please don't add Taven to the list yet, let's at least give him another year before we chuck him on the trash heap of Jags 1st rounders Sad

(03-15-2019, 12:20 PM)NCJag Wrote:

If he's on a prove-it deal to provide depth, he's not bad. If he's getting eight figures to start, he's bad.

As someone who lives in the Cincy area, I can tell you this guy flat out sucks in pass protection. You might as well line up a cardboard cutout on the line of scrimmage over using him. My friends who are Bengals fans loathe this guy. They drafted him to play LT and he was miserable, so he didn't last long. They tried moving him to RT and he was equally bad. So bad in fact, he was replaced by Bobby Hart, who was cut before the season ended by the Giants. IMO, Ogbuehi is the Jaguars equivalent to Ephraim Salaam. Remember how bad he was? Ugh!

Focus on them my friend. 

For the record: Monroe struggled a bit as a rookie, but was a LIGHTS OUT LT for us from his sophomore season until he was traded.

Reggie Nelson gets a bad rep here undeservadly. After a stellar rookie season, people got mad at him for "missing tackles" and the "dancing tackle" but fail to realize he ran clear across the field to try and make a play on someone who wasn't his responsibility on the play while the rest of the team had stopped running (if he doesn't hustle/play with heart, those plays we criticize him for never happen and he probably never gets the blame that leads to him being traded). We traded him to Cincy, and then he went on to be a 2x probowler and LEAD THE LEAGUE IN INTERCEPTIONS his last year with the Bengals, also had a solid stint with the raiders which included a probowl appearance.

Blackmon was a stud. Just was an addict; i don't consider him a bust (that would be RJ Soward) just a tragedy tbh. at least Blackmon produced despite 0 talent around him.

I can't defend anyone else on this list; a case can be made for Fowler but he's such a punk that I won't even bother defending him despite solid production for a year or two here.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(03-15-2019, 01:48 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 12:20 PM)NCJag Wrote: First round pick out of TA&M, stunk it up for 4 years, couldn't hold a spot.  Bengals declined 5th year option.  He was a healthy scratch for most of the season last year.  

If he's on a prove-it deal to provide depth, he's not bad. If he's getting eight figures to start, he's bad.

That's the rub.  If he/the team is smart, they will try to work out something for a vets minimum to show he's worth the expense in 2020.

Best case scenario:  Richardson/Cedric show up to camp ready to claim the starting RT job.  Run out a line up of Cam/Norwell/Linder/Cann/Ced-Rich and there is solid protection.

Worst case:  RT is a turnstile of Guy Whimper proportions.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2019, 02:04 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

Ogbuehi makes Joekel look like Tony Boselli.

(03-15-2019, 01:48 PM)TJBender Wrote:

I don't want him anywhere in the city limits of Jacksonville.

So to summarise - this guy sounds really good!