Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags WR roles

(03-16-2019, 09:33 AM)JagJohn Wrote: How does Conley fit into this?
Conley is very versatile and could play just about any position for a WR.

He’s going to be a serious deep threat for Foles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yeah very excited to see what Conley can do and Charks progression this year.
No Fun

I'd say Conley doesn't finish in the top 3 for targets

Id like to see Conley/Foles click. They seem to be pretty tight and a sense of familiarity should help establish rapport.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I think Flip just can't try to fit square pegs in round holes. And all this "x" "z" blah blah stuff doesn't matter.

Line guys up and develop plays that maximize their abilities.
If that puts Chark and Conley on the outside with Westbrook in the slot.... so be it.

If our OL can protect and Foles is even slightly better than Borts was... I think we have quite a bit of offensive ammunition. Especially if we get Hock or Fant in rd 1.

(03-16-2019, 12:32 PM)Kane Wrote: I think Flip just can't try to fit square pegs in round holes. And all this "x" "z" blah blah stuff doesn't matter.

Line guys up and develop plays that maximize their abilities.
If that puts Chark and Conley on the outside with Westbrook in the slot.... so be it.

If our OL can protect and Foles is even slightly better than Borts was... I think we have quite a bit of offensive ammunition. Especially if we get Hock or Fant in rd 1.

Indeed.  Chark and Conley are both bigger targets AND fast.  Westbrook can kill in the slot.  Fournette has actually been a solid backfield receiver.  Get a decent pass catching TE.....this offense will be pretty deadly.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-16-2019, 12:32 PM)Kane Wrote: I think Flip just can't try to fit square pegs in round holes. 

He won't need to.

He just needs another TE and another RB that can catch and he'll have all the properly shaped pegs and matching holes to utilize Foles' skillset. 

Determining the WR's best spots (X,Y or Z) is something all coaches and coordinators will do and it actually makes a big difference in production for many receivers and it changes as they evolve as players. 
 That book is largely written for this group already except maybe Chark who's still developing, so it's not going to be much of a process and is likely already largely decided in Defilippo's mind.

I see we're already starting to conflate Conley like we did ASJ. View them as low end starters and more likely solid backup/depth pieces and we'd be pleased. Thinking they're an answer to subpar position corps and it'll be disappointment. If Conley can establish himself as a consistent WR3 for us that's a win IMO.

By the time they get to preseason, I'd guess he's behind Westbrook and Lee on the depth chart (if Lee's knee is OK.)

All depends on Chark's development and whether Cole turns out to be more than a flash in the pan. He could end up behind one of those guys too. 

But who knows? Maybe he surprises and earns a larger role.

(03-19-2019, 06:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

By the time they get to preseason, I'd guess he's behind Westbrook and Lee on the depth chart (if Lee's knee is OK.)

All depends on Chark's development and whether Cole turns out to be more than a flash in the pan. He could end up behind one of those guys too. 

Hot take:

Lee could be on his way out. Conley could play a bigger role than expected.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(03-21-2019, 09:54 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 06:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: By the time they get to preseason, I'd guess he's behind Westbrook and Lee on the depth chart (if Lee's knee is OK.)

Hot take:

LOL  - see any similarities there ^ ?

regarding Lee:  I think they want to get value and production from him this year now that he's been paid and they've nothing to show for it yet.  He should actually produce good numbers with a QB that doesn't make him adjust to 90% of the balls coming his way. 

Next offseason they can cut him and save money as his contract is designed that way. I don't see him going anywhere until then except into the starting lineup.

(03-21-2019, 09:54 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 06:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: By the time they get to preseason, I'd guess he's behind Westbrook and Lee on the depth chart (if Lee's knee is OK.)

Hot take:

Conley is definitely intriguing but I'd bet his role on the team is as a number 3 option with Westbrook and Lee as the starters. Assuming Lee is completely healthy that is.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 09:43 AM by Kane.)

(03-19-2019, 05:51 PM)Upper Wrote: I see we're already starting to conflate Conley like we did ASJ. View them as low end starters and more likely solid backup/depth pieces and we'd be pleased. Thinking they're an answer to subpar position corps and it'll be disappointment. If Conley can establish himself as a consistent WR3 for us that's a win IMO.

Fair reaction.

Conley started a lot for the Chiefs... but didn't really get a lot of action.
It was the Hill and Kelce show pretty much.

He has upside but we should temper expectations for now.

(03-21-2019, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 09:54 AM)Jay Carter 904 Wrote: Hot take:

I don't see him going anywhere until then except into the starting lineup.

Maybe IR

....sorry I couldn't resist lol

[quote pid='1202017' dateline='1553262171']

(03-21-2019, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:  I don't see (Lee) going anywhere until then except into the starting lineup.

Maybe IR

....sorry I couldn't resist lol
[/quote]

Cheeky bastard