Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Former Jaguars QB Blake Bortles set to visit Rams

Start for Miami, back up for LA? Honestly, the LA back up job sounds way better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-16-2019, 10:38 AM)Brett Wrote: If he is visiting the Rams on Monday then what does this tweet mean? Just got posted 20 minutes ago:

https://twitter.com/BortlesFacts/status/...6492569603

Think that spoof account has legit sources? I don't
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-16-2019, 12:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 10:38 AM)Brett Wrote: If he is visiting the Rams on Monday then what does this tweet mean? Just got posted 20 minutes ago:

https://twitter.com/BortlesFacts/status/...6492569603

Think that spoof account has legit sources? I don't

Oh my apologies, I don't know much about the account. Just stumbled upon it.

(03-16-2019, 10:45 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: That would make more sense.
Free up some more money for the jags too.

Dolphins would be better spot. Maybe they’d give him starter money, further offsetting the cap hit here
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-16-2019, 12:36 PM)Brett Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 12:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Think that spoof account has legit sources? I don't

Oh my apologies, I don't know much about the account. Just stumbled upon it.

No sweat, I dont know who they are, but they are pretty funny.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-16-2019, 10:45 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: That would make more sense.
Free up some more money for the jags too.

Dolphins would be better spot. Maybe they’d give him starter money, further offsetting the cap hit here
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

It's like none of you have ever seen Bortles play. NO TEAM is gonna give him starter money. NO TEAM is gonna give him a starting spot. Tannehill is way better than Bortles (even though he always gets hurt), why would Miami want to downgrade from Tannehill to Bortles? maybe they sign him to "compete" but he is not gonna be the starter for anyone, at least not for more than 5 games.

(03-16-2019, 02:15 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: It's like none of you have ever seen Bortles play. NO TEAM is gonna give him starter money. NO TEAM is gonna give him a starting spot. Tannehill is way better than Bortles (even though he always gets hurt), why would Miami want to downgrade from Tannehill to Bortles? maybe they sign him to "compete" but he is not gonna be the starter for anyone, at least not for more than 5 games.

Entertainment while tanking?

I see 2 ways this upcoming season can play out. Either we play the Eagles in the SB in a Foles vs Wentz classic, or we play whatever team Bortles signed with as Bortles leads his team to a SB because of an injury like Foles did. Destiny

(03-16-2019, 10:16 AM)B2hibry Wrote: I think their system could actually be beneficial to Blake. I'm not so sure he wants to leave the motherland longterm though. I could see him pushing for one of the FL teams. Either way, good for him getting another shot.

You kidding me? every player wants to play in LA. It's the best place to play

(03-16-2019, 06:29 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 10:16 AM)B2hibry Wrote: I think their system could actually be beneficial to Blake. I'm not so sure he wants to leave the motherland longterm though. I could see him pushing for one of the FL teams. Either way, good for him getting another shot.

Says who? and why is that the best place to play?

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2019, 11:37 PM by B2hibry.)

(03-16-2019, 06:29 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:

He’s a Florida boy that made a little cash playing for the jags in his home state. He’s still level headed and enjoys spending time with his folks. If he had a choice between starting in his home state or holding the clipboard in LA I can almost guarantee he heads south. Even more lopside when you factor in housing costs and income tax. 

Where do you get the “every player wants to play in LA”? People in LA couldn’t care less for an NFL product. Players want to play in LA like they want to play in the Pro Bowl...all glitz with little effort!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-16-2019, 11:36 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 06:29 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: You kidding me? every player wants to play in LA. It's the best place to play

He’s a Florida boy that made a little cash playing for the jags in his home state. He’s still level headed and enjoys spending time with his folks. If he had a choice between starting in his home state or holding the clipboard in LA I can almost guarantee he heads south. Even more lopside when you factor in housing costs and income tax. 

Where do you get the “every player wants to play in LA”? People in LA couldn’t care less for an NFL product. Players want to play in LA like they want to play in the Pro Bowl...all glitz with little effort!

Has kids in Florida too so moving all the way across the country may not be ideal

(03-17-2019, 12:16 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 11:36 PM)B2hibry Wrote: He’s a Florida boy that made a little cash playing for the jags in his home state. He’s still level headed and enjoys spending time with his folks. If he had a choice between starting in his home state or holding the clipboard in LA I can almost guarantee he heads south. Even more lopside when you factor in housing costs and income tax. 

Has kids in Florida too so moving all the way across the country may not be ideal

Blake has kids?

(03-15-2019, 11:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 11:02 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I do wish him well but it does piss me off a little when sub par players leave us to go to another team and look like pro bowl players.

I think that would say more about our team's coaching than the player's abilities.

I agree but sometimes I've wondered if a player will play sub par just to get out of Jacksonville. I mean, we've had guys show up for an "easy paycheck" so it's not above the realm of possibility.

Thumbs Down 

(03-16-2019, 02:15 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: It's like none of you have ever seen Bortles play. NO TEAM is gonna give him starter money. NO TEAM is gonna give him a starting spot. Tannehill is way better than Bortles (even though he always gets hurt), why would Miami want to downgrade from Tannehill to Bortles? maybe they sign him to "compete" but he is not gonna be the starter for anyone, at least not for more than 5 games.

While I believe Bortles just isn’t superstar material, I’m really getting sick and tired of our fan base not holding our previous coaching staff responsible for not doing their jobs. Simply put, I refuse to let Gus off the hook for his inability to coach a talented team to at least an 8-win season.

(03-16-2019, 11:36 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 06:29 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: You kidding me? every player wants to play in LA. It's the best place to play

The reason that LA is the best place to play is business. In an age where players are driven by social media self-marketing (building their own brand) LA makes perfect sense. Sure, it's not the best football city by any means. But LA is so big and filled with so much opportunity that it doesn't even matter. There are so many things a millionaire can do in LA with their money, and if they're smart, even double or triple it. That is why LA is the best place to play. However, i can understand your argument if a player is just strictly all about football and nothing else, which, while it's admirable, it's not exactly smart.