Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags sign WR Chris Conley

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2019, 10:18 AM by PF*.)

(03-17-2019, 09:52 AM)Murda717 Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 09:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If AJ Brown is sitting there in the 2nd I hope Dave pulls the trigger. If we went Hockenson in the first and Brown in the 2nd I'd go oline with both of our 3rds if the value is there.  I'd take either Brown in the 2nd honestly.  Marqise Brown is another Dede imo and I'd love to add another Dede

I dont see them taking a WR, unless its late or after the draft.. Since they now have Cole, Dede, Conley, Lee and Chark.. TE, OL, S are bigger needs imo.

Murda- what is the status of Marquise Brown's lisfranc injury? Isn't a lisfranc the kiss of death for speed guys?

Edit: oops, sorry, it was the other guy who referenced Brown, not Murda, Inc..
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-17-2019, 09:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If AJ Brown is sitting there in the 2nd I hope Dave pulls the trigger. If we went Hockenson in the first and Brown in the 2nd I'd go oline with both of our 3rds if the value is there.  I'd take either Brown in the 2nd honestly.  Marqise Brown is another Dede imo and I'd love to add another Dede

I dont see them taking a WR, unless its late or after the draft.. Since they now have Cole, Dede, Conley, Lee and Chark.. TE, OL, S are bigger needs imo.

I think those need are bigger as well but if a WR is the highest rated player in their board I think they will take him.  If AJ Brown is there and Lindstrom, McGary, Little have all been taken I can see us taking Brown

(03-17-2019, 10:40 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 09:52 AM)Murda717 Wrote: I dont see them taking a WR, unless its late or after the draft.. Since they now have Cole, Dede, Conley, Lee and Chark.. TE, OL, S are bigger needs imo.

I think those need are bigger as well but if a WR is the highest rated player in their board I think they will take him.  If AJ Brown is there and Lindstrom, McGary, Little have all been taken I can see us taking Brown

It seems like the Jaguars best picks are usually in the 2nd round. It would be shocking to me if they didn't take either Hockenson or Taylor in the first round. If that's the case, the 2nd rounder is likely to be at the position they passed on in round 1. If it's an offensive lineman, McGary and Lindstrom would be excellent choices. McGary meets more of an immediate need, but Lindstrom is the better player right now. If they took Taylor in the first round, Irv Smith would be a strong consideration with Sternberger a close 2nd. I don't see Fant getting past the first round.

I agree with you, however, about A.J. Brown. If the Jaguars have him ranked very high, he could be the pick. With the addition of Conley and Brown, the receiver position would be set. Maybe not a true number 1, but several guys who have the ability to catch 60-70 balls. Foles will be effective at finding whomever gets open on a given play and if he has Westbrook, Conley, Lee, Chark, Brown and Hockenson as options good things will happen. 

Since I have very little faith in Ogbuehi and Richardson has a lot to prove, they must take a tackle with one of their 1st 3 picks to provide competition at this position. If they do go Hockenson and Brown, as you suggest, which right tackles MAY still be available with their first pick in round 3?  My guess is McGary, Cajuste, Bobby Evans and Tytus Howard would be the top 4 options. I would expect at least one of these players to still be on the board. With that being said, the draft class would look like this:

Rd. 1 - Hockenson (tight end position pretty much set)

Rd. 2 - A.J. Brown (ditto wide receiver position)

Rd. 3 - Caleb McGary (1st choice of the 4 options)

Rd. 3 - Will Grier (hopefully will learn from Foles and replace him in 3 or 4 years)

Rd 4 -  Will Harris (safety position needs more depth after Gipson departure)

Rd. 6 - Justice Hill (good receiver out of the backfield)

Rd. 7 - Nick Linder (more depth on offensive line. His brother will be happy)

Some of these picks are likely to be off the board, but one can only hope!

Underrated ability

(03-16-2019, 03:30 PM)Ronster Wrote: I wonder what Jordy Nelson would cost?

we have to buy a time machine first, and go back about 10 years, so add that to the cost.

(03-16-2019, 07:49 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 05:55 PM)NH3 Wrote: I have the feeling that he'll be one of NF7's go to targets in crunch times. They have an previous nucleus to which I know nothing about. He tweeted much prior to NF7 signing and then he signs.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

.....ugh. Is this a thing already?

Yes it is. It's mine and others reference(s) to him. NF7 is much better than all of the others that I've heard/seen so far. I'm stuck w/it.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I Concur.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Still have to draft Hakeem Butler.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Absolute trash and only Jags fans think otherwise. DeMarcus Robinson is better than him already. Give me a break.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(03-18-2019, 01:45 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Absolute trash and only Jags fans think otherwise. DeMarcus Robinson is better than him already. Give me a break.

Thank you for this well-thought evaluation. I am now wiser as a fan. Sorry, I'm out of breaks.

His father, Charles Conley, had a career in the United States Air Force.

He came here for Foles. Hope he becomes a great under the radar addition.

(03-18-2019, 01:45 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Absolute trash and only Jags fans think otherwise. DeMarcus Robinson is better than him already. Give me a break.

Let me guess... you figured this out playing Madden.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-18-2019, 04:41 PM)Mikey Wrote:

Thank you for this well-thought evaluation. I am now wiser as a fan. Sorry, I'm out of breaks.
You are welcome. 

(03-18-2019, 05:23 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Let me guess... you figured this out playing Madden.

No I watched him play. And the Chiefs fans don't give a darn that he's gone and prefer Robinson over him.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up