Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags sign LB Jake Ryan, formerly of Packers

(03-17-2019, 08:59 AM)Upper Wrote: Wonder if he is strictly solid depth or if they're planning on having him play MLB in base and move Jacobs to the bench.

I would assume he was signed as competition for Jacobs at the starting spot.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I see Ryan as a backup to Myles Jack at MLB.

If healthy, a huge boost.

Moves Jack back to SLB, where he's more natural. Jack obviously struggled at MLB/leader.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(03-17-2019, 11:23 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I see Ryan as a backup to Myles Jack at MLB.

This is the most likely scenario.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We need to see him play before his position is determined in my opinion.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-18-2019, 06:15 AM)NH3 Wrote: We need to see him play before his position is determined in my opinion.

NH3...

Time will tell.

PF19...
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

He's good depth this next season, for both Jack and Jacobs. Good signing.

This might be the sleeper fa pickup this year. I like it.

(03-18-2019, 09:49 PM)surfon Wrote: This might be the sleeper fa pickup this year.  I like it.

He has talent, he just needs to stay healthy.

He's only signed if he passes the physical and I don't think the team has made an official announcement yet, like they have for all of the other guys....

And official

DE Campbell
DT Dareus
DT Bryan
DE Ngakoue

CB AJ Boute
CB Greddy Williams

LB Jacobs
MLB Ryan
LB Jack

FS Ramsey
SS Telvin Smith

The best D ever created

(03-19-2019, 10:42 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: DE  Campbell
DT Dareus
DT Bryan
DE Ngakoue

CB AJ Boute
CB Greddy Williams

LB Jacobs
MLB  Ryan
LB  Jack

FS Ramsey
SS Telvin Smith

The best D ever created

Maybe - If Telvin could magically learn to cover like a safety.  That's not gonna happen. 

I'd still leave Ramsey at CB though and pass on Williams. Get a corner next year to potentially take over for Bouye if they don't want to pay him again.

It's unlikely Ryan starts for the Jags unless someone is injured. Of course he may beat Jacobs for the base downs strong side gig.

https://twitter.com/zach_goodall/status/...4758919169

Not sure I agree with all the speculation in that tweet, but it's a cheap way to give the Jags options at LB.
I wouldn't jump to the foregone conclusion that Ryan is immediately the Mike on base downs just yet. 
Clearly it's an option, just not so convinced it's a done deal so easily. 

Jacobs   --    Ryan    --    Jack  
  SAM            MIKE          WILL

^ that does look like a sturdy run stopping set of base LBs on paper though

Telvin absolutely has to bounce back from a down year, and this move should put nim on notice even more than he already was. Jack is a better fit at Will than Mike  -- so hopefully Telvin comes in prepared to get back on his 2017 level of play preventing Myles Jack from taking his spot. 

Molly Ringwald likes the aquisition...
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Jake Ryan has officially signed.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I think the Myles Jack can't be a base mike narrative is overblown but if Ryan is the new eventual base mike Jack would go to Sam with Telvin as will

(03-19-2019, 02:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think the Myles Jack can't be a base mike narrative is overblown but if Ryan is the new eventual base mike Jack would go to Sam with Telvin as will

Probably - but I don't know. Telvin got rag-dolled around vs. the run in a number of games last year. 
I think Jack might play that spot better in base downs. 
Kinda' depends on how much they trust Jacobs at SAM I guess. 

(personally, I'm with you on the overblown narrative take.  I think Ryan is more a candidate to play SAM in the short term than to displace Jack at Mike in base or otherwise)

(03-19-2019, 02:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 02:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think the Myles Jack can't be a base mike narrative is overblown but if Ryan is the new eventual base mike Jack would go to Sam with Telvin as will

Probably - but I don't know. Telvin got rag-dolled around vs. the run in a number of games last year. 
I think Jack might play that spot better in base downs. 
Kinda' depends on how much they trust Jacobs at SAM I guess. 

(personally, I'm with you on the overblown narrative take.  I think Ryan is more a candidate to play SAM in the short term than to displace Jack at Mike in base or otherwise)

The tackling technique Telvin has at this stage of his career is laughable to be fair and another thought I just had was if we join the dots on Dom Capers being here to design more pressure packages then Jacobs is bar far the best pass rushing LB we have so maybe we see it on the field more? Just spitballing on that.  

Whatever happens , Ryan is a v good pickup