Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags sign LB Jake Ryan, formerly of Packers

Saw this buried in the article of signing Conley.  Apparently we are also signing former Packers 4th rd LB Jake Ryan?  He tore an ACL last year. Looks like he has starting MLB experience.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ving-corps

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

More solid depth. Could play inside on base like some have suggested we need to do

He looks like a HITTER. Has above average tackling technique and FWIW: PFF ranked him 19th among all qualifying LBs in 2017.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I like both this and the Conley signing.
Hopefully Ryan is healthy, he was a good run stopper, just don't ask him much in coverage. Solid depth and rotational player.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2019, 03:09 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

(03-16-2019, 02:48 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I like both this and the Conley signing.
Hopefully Ryan is healthy, he was a good run stopper, just don't ask him much in coverage. Solid depth and rotational player.

Sounds like true Poz replacement. Minus the leadership of course!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Ryan is another good pick-up. He played for Capers when he was defensive coordinator for the Packers and this likely influenced his decision.

Solid!! I like this signing and I'm sure he can play special teams too.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2019, 05:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Solid pick up

So ready for the draft now. Gonna be a long month

Excellent depth to say the least and depending upon Caper's revamping of the defense, he could slip into the starting line-up.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Nice to see some things start coming together
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I like it! I was very high on Ryan coming out of college.

He is a solid player. Definitely a Poz type player. Maybe he can help be in charge of the calls and checks. We really missed that out of Poz last year
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

"Jake? Jake's my boy!"

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Yup, sounds like a decent MLB that lacks in coverage. May fill that base down type void against the run like Poz.

Tore his acl in march 2013 and cleared to play oct 2013.
7 months, impressive.

Wondering if his july 30 2018 tear was same knee?

Seems like a solid player, at worst great depth, just dependent on how he recovers. I'm guessing Jags are OK with his recovery so far.

Wonder if he is strictly solid depth or if they're planning on having him play MLB in base and move Jacobs to the bench.

(03-17-2019, 08:59 AM)Upper Wrote: Wonder if he is strictly solid depth or if they're planning on having him play MLB in base and move Jacobs to the bench.

I think it will be an open competition.

Dying breed: run stuffer, plugger. More and more rare these days, most want LBs who can also cover. But you still have to stop the rush at some point.

He definitely has a "Poz" look about him with that thick neck and shoulders.
Looks ready to take on any RB
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

This signing could force Jacobs to the bench. Jacobs had a rookie season like Jack. Who knows maybe Jacobs takes off in camp. Ryan is great depth of one of our guys go down with the injury bug.