Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do the Jags surprise everyone and pick Lock with 7?

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2019, 11:12 AM by Ronster.)

If I were the Jags and I thought highly of Lock, and he was available at 7, I would take him. He would get the real benefit of sitting behind a real pro and learning from Noles.... Maybe, they move back in the draft and are still able to obtain him. Hmmmmmm

Discuss

You know Miami will pick him if he is available. Maybe the Jags use that knowledge and get another pick.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No. The brass wants to win "now" and Lock does nothing to help for 3 or 4 years. The only quarterback that intrigues me is Will Grier with their second 3rd round pick. It's 50-50 he'll still be there.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2019, 11:38 AM by JNev.)

Don’t you wish that evil on me Ricky Bobby

I think the real question is, if he’s there with our 2nd rd pick would you take him over Lindstrom/Irv/Fant?

Personally, I hope they get a TE w/ the first. But I would not balk at picking Lock w/ the first either. It makes sense, we have been QB deficient for so long, it would be wise and in 3-5 years as a backup, his next contract would be much smaller should he one day take over for a now older Foles....
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

They better not...or I will do this to Caldwell

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2019, 04:27 PM by roycee.)

Trade down with Miami let him take him. I don't see Lock ever being a quality starter.

In my opinion he's not even a top 5 QB in this class

It wouldn't surprise me no

i doubt Lock will be there when we pick

(03-17-2019, 08:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: i doubt Lock will be there when we pick

I'm pretty sure he'll be the 3rd QB off the board.

Not seeing a QB at 7.

If a QB is there and someone wants him, I'm seeing a lucrative trade back for the Jaguars.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

In the everlasting debate of BAP v. Need, Lock would fit neither at 7. I would say that he will be available at 7, and no team is going to trade the farm to come get him there. We are either going to lose value in a trade-down scenario or leaving much more talented players on the board for others to pick if we select him there.

As others have stated, signing Foles basically penciled him in for the next 2-3 years, minimum. If we select anyone, it will be a developmental guy late day 2 or early day 3, who will serve as either backup or 3rd string prospect.

Lock at seven just doesn't make any sense for this football team.
I can see why he might be a prospect this f.o. likes, but not there.

If they draft a QB to develop, I highly doubt it happens 7 or at 38.