Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles current go to receiver?

I hope the Jags find a pair of quality tight ends in the draft but that is to be determined.  I look at the current players at receiver and tight end and see only one real player I would trust on the tam.  Marqise Lee was one of the best receivers in the league in 2017 on 3rd down.  I think he was really missed using his speed to find the holes on 3rd down last year.   I believe at the present time he will be Foles #1 receiver.  I see the jags running 3 wr's sets more often and Lee should benefit in the slot. This of course assumes he has made a full recovery from his injury.  Who do you presently see as Foles current go to receiver?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Westbrook is my guy.

Right now, given the type of player Foles is where he is accustomed to throwing short, underneath passes, I gotta think it will be Lee.

(03-17-2019, 03:47 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Right now, given the type of player Foles is where he is accustomed to throwing short, underneath passes, I gotta think it will be Lee.

Depends on the knee, but yes, I think he and Westbrook are going to have really good years.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It's gonna be Dede, he's our best past catcher by far, Foles is gonna quickly build a rapport with him. I suspect he'll also grow fond of Chark, and with Lee working back from injury it'll be about mid-season before we see Foles and him really click together.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Chris Conley. Pretty simple.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

It will likely fluctuate from week to week, but you gotta think Westbrook and Lee will garner a high number of targets overall.

It's far too early to depict NF7's go to receiver. He hasn't thrown to any of them as of yet. As per his go to receiver, are we referring to the deep passes, the short to mid distance passes and or the third down passes? This will be determined in training camp and the pre season to say the least. Whomever he clicks/w, builds chemistry/w will be his go to receiver.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

[Image: giphy.gif]

My guess is Westbrook, Conley or whoever is the starting TE.

Westbrook is so much better than most believe but, like everyone else, he has been hamstrung by the QB of this team.

I'm not sure how you can pick his 'go to receiver' until he actually throws. Go to receivers aren't just appointed, it's all about building a rapport.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The open one?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

DD is going to ball this year, the eyes don’t lie he’s got talent.

I think Dede is going to be amazing this year. I don't know much about Conley but have heard he's consistent. I think Lee will take a few weeks to get back up to speed.

(03-17-2019, 02:13 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I hope the Jags find a pair of quality tight ends in the draft but that is to be determined.  I look at the current players at receiver and tight end and see only one real player I would trust on the tam.  Marqise Lee was one of the best receivers in the league in 2017 on 3rd down.  I think he was really missed using his speed to find the holes on 3rd down last year.   I believe at the present time he will be Foles #1 receiver.  I see the jags running 3 wr's sets more often and Lee should benefit in the slot. This of course assumes he has made a full recovery from his injury.  Who do you presently see as Foles current go to receiver?

If the season started today, he wouldn't have one. There's no clear-cut #1 receiver on this team right now.

(04-01-2019, 09:04 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 02:13 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I hope the Jags find a pair of quality tight ends in the draft but that is to be determined.  I look at the current players at receiver and tight end and see only one real player I would trust on the tam.  Marqise Lee was one of the best receivers in the league in 2017 on 3rd down.  I think he was really missed using his speed to find the holes on 3rd down last year.   I believe at the present time he will be Foles #1 receiver.  I see the jags running 3 wr's sets more often and Lee should benefit in the slot. This of course assumes he has made a full recovery from his injury.  Who do you presently see as Foles current go to receiver?

If the season started today, he wouldn't have one. There's no clear-cut #1 receiver on this team right now.

Dede's our clear cut #1

I'm most curious to see if Cole can have a bounce back year. Training camp and preseason is going to be huge for him. Cole, Fournette, Cam the offseason will be huge for our success on offense

I am really hopeful and optimistic that Chark takes a big leap forward. They considered him for their first rounder before selecting Bryan. This is a guy who they view to be a #1 type receiver. Rookie WRs usually struggle and it’s a big learning curve. It’s time for him to grow into that big time role.

(04-01-2019, 09:52 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I am really hopeful and optimistic that Chark takes a big leap forward. They considered him for their first rounder before selecting Bryan. This is a guy who they view to be a #1 type receiver. Rookie WRs usually struggle and it’s a big learning curve. It’s time for him to grow into that big time role.

All of this.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2019, 10:52 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Lee has only been available to play in 53 of his 80 game career.  

Lee was not tremendously fast before and will have likely lost a step after his most recent injury.

This front office likes betting on skill position players with injury history based on drafting Lee, Fournette, and Colvin who all had a lot of injuries in college, then once again rolling the dice in free agency on ASJ as their primary TE as well.

I'm hoping Foles can bring out the best in Westbrook, Conley, and Chark while I keep my fingers crossed on Lee.  Also, perhaps Cole will get his focus back as he was a key WR in 2017 and at the beginning of 2018.

I think Rounds 1-2-3 we need to go after (TE-WR-OL) ... TE in round 1 then WR or OL in rounds 2-3 in any order.