Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles current go to receiver?

(04-01-2019, 10:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(03-17-2019, 02:13 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I hope the Jags find a pair of quality tight ends in the draft but that is to be determined.  I look at the current players at receiver and tight end and see only one real player I would trust on the tam.  Marqise Lee was one of the best receivers in the league in 2017 on 3rd down.  I think he was really missed using his speed to find the holes on 3rd down last year.   I believe at the present time he will be Foles #1 receiver.  I see the jags running 3 wr's sets more often and Lee should benefit in the slot. This of course assumes he has made a full recovery from his injury.  Who do you presently see as Foles current go to receiver?

Lee has only been available to play in 53 of his 80 game career.  

Lee was not tremendously fast before and will have likely lost a step after his most recent injury.

This front office likes betting on skill position players with injury history based on drafting Lee, Fournette, and Colvin who all had a lot of injuries in college, then once again rolling the dice in free agency on ASJ as their primary TE as well.

I'm hoping Foles can bring out the best in Westbrook, Conley, and Chark while I keep my fingers crossed on Lee.  Also, perhaps Cole will get his focus back as he was a key WR in 2017 and at the beginning of 2018.

I think Rounds 1-2-3 we need to go after (TE-WR-OL) ... TE in round 1 then WR or OL in rounds 2-3 in any order.
Lee is extremely average even if healthy.

My dream draft right now would be:

1. Hockenson
2. Butler/Harry
3.Delter
4. Taylor Rapp

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Predicting Westbrook will initially be his favorite target, running shorter routes. Once Lee comes back, I think he will share the favorite role with Westbrook.

Lee or Westbrook most likely. I think dede needs to put on a little weight tho.. he gets bodied on the regular

I think Hockenson would be the perfect Fit here but I understand how valuable defensive and offensive line are. Coughlin likes big men so expect a linemen.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(04-01-2019, 04:06 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I think Hockenson would be the perfect Fit here but I understand how valuable defensive and offensive line are.  Coughlin likes big men so expect a linemen.

Same here, I'm thinking they go a different direction.  Dave also doesnt value the TE position or either he doesnt trust his evaluations at the TE position.  We passed up the best blocking TE and a great athlete in Kittle and also many more good TEs over the years

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-01-2019, 01:17 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 10:49 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Lee has only been available to play in 53 of his 80 game career.  

Lee was not tremendously fast before and will have likely lost a step after his most recent injury.

This front office likes betting on skill position players with injury history based on drafting Lee, Fournette, and Colvin who all had a lot of injuries in college, then once again rolling the dice in free agency on ASJ as their primary TE as well.

I'm hoping Foles can bring out the best in Westbrook, Conley, and Chark while I keep my fingers crossed on Lee.  Also, perhaps Cole will get his focus back as he was a key WR in 2017 and at the beginning of 2018.

I think Rounds 1-2-3 we need to go after (TE-WR-OL) ... TE in round 1 then WR or OL in rounds 2-3 in any order.
Lee is extremely average even if healthy.

My dream draft right now would be:

1. Hockenson
2. Butler/Harry
3.Delter
4. Taylor Rapp

OL in one please. Maybe in two. If not two, then definitely in three. The lack of quality depth (and quality starters) along the OL killed this team more than anything else.

(04-01-2019, 05:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 04:06 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I think Hockenson would be the perfect Fit here but I understand how valuable defensive and offensive line are.  Coughlin likes big men so expect a linemen.

Same here, I'm thinking they go a different direction.  Dave also doesnt value the TE position or either he doesnt trust his evaluations at the TE position.  We passed up the best blocking TE and a great athlete in Kittle and also many more good TEs over the years

Kittle wasn't drafted till the 5th round.. Every team passed on him, multiple times. They all got it wrong on Kittle, not just us.