Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, the game has passed Coughlin by?

Is that why he took over a team that averaged less than 4 wins a season for the last 5 years to a 10-6 record and a few minutes away from making the Super Bowl?

But he's not the coach, you say? Well, but every move the team makes is on him, and he set the tone with ACTION and accountability, two things vastly missing before he got here. 

But 2018 went back to sucking? He must not be all that. 

A series of perfect storms happened in 2018. It happens. It's not an indictment on Tom. 

But it was his decision to ride with Bortles and that was a huge failure. 

True. But all things considered, how many of us would have done the same? He took a shot, rode with BB and it didn't work out. 

This will be the year that is most telling: If they come back to contend 2018 will be a blip. If the whole thing stinks like 3-day old fish, then maybe it's a different story. 

Let's not forget not only the early Jag teams this man put together, but he is also a 2-time Super Bowl winner.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: bucket.jpg]

(03-17-2019, 05:08 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [Image: bucket.jpg]

OP is apparently smoking some wacky tabacky and in his own world.  Just a dumb thread.  Nothing to see here folks.....

Well that's thirty seconds of my life wasted.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

In 2017 we stayed relatively healthy (except receiver)

In 2018 we lost our oline to injury.

Can blame whatever you like but it's pretty clear to me that

1. Offensive line is important
2. Poor offensive line play makes everyone look worse on offense

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

That's an awful lot of typing to say nothing.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/...now-it.jpg
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I smell a Troll.

NH3...
"AZANE"

TLDR, nothing lost.

I'll pass.
If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I wanted to come in here and just say this thread was dumb but I’ll offer up this...
You ask the question in your title but post remarks that contradict. It appears you didn’t put a lot of time into this internal debate. Assuming he “controls” all operations, maybe come back and explain how football or his brand has passed.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

This thread will be up to 3 pages by tomorrow.

(03-18-2019, 08:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This thread will be up to 3 pages by tomorrow.

I think you underestimate the power of a useless post in this place. I’ll say at least 6 pages if it survives.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

It's like a tacky ambulance chasing lawyer billboard ad.

It sucks, but it made me look

(03-18-2019, 08:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: This thread will be up to 3 pages by tomorrow.

....only if it gets moved to another forum Laughing

Perhaps this thread is just a part of the ongoing beef the OP has with NYC. NYC posted something to the effect of the league moving past Coughlin in the "Looking Back" thread.

(03-18-2019, 01:01 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Perhaps this thread is just a part of the ongoing beef the OP has with NYC. NYC posted something to the effect of the league moving past Coughlin in the "Looking Back" thread.
Regardless of the OP motives/intentions (I'll not insert my opinion) I'll attempt to be clear on my Coughlin stance.

I thought him being fired in Jax back in the day was NOT a mistake. He was trying to run a dictatorship and wearing too many hats. Not wearing some of them effectively. 

I feel he learned from those mistakes and became a better coach with the Giants. I think being reined in was necessary for him at the time and he benefited from it.  Change was necessary.

Of course I wish they'd been able to rein him in here and bring those titles to Jax, but it is what it is. 

IN THE HERE AND NOW:

I didn't say the league has moved past him as the OP here suggests but I stated it is moving past him. I do believe some (not all) of his tendencies and philosophies are going to be antiquated sooner than later. The league wants what it wants and you'd be unwise as an EVP of football ops to ignore it. I love staunch defense and ground and pound more than most do, but the modern team must do what it takes to remain competitive in a fluid environment. 

Thus far I've been mostly unimpressed with his work in the F.O. 
I hope that this offseason additions and changes really do impart a sustainable culture change and we see a disciplined team with a functional offense in 2019. That would brighten my outlook on TC's football czar role and his performance in it greatly. Pre-draft - I like where this offseason seems headed.

(03-18-2019, 06:04 AM)NH3 Wrote: I smell a Troll.

NH3...

Me too

J Dub reincarnated.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.