Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Receiving Backs 2019 draft

Starting to look around for prospects that may be there for the Jags in the sixth round or later that the Jags could use in DeFilippo's system that utilizes the RBs in the pass game extensively. 

Here are a few value prospects:

Bryce Love

Travis Homer  is a possibility even though he didn't catch a ton of passes at Miami. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

James Williams

Please list any backs you think could help the Jags in a receiving role from the late rounds or UDFA if you are so inclined.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Jordan Scarlett is very underrated, at least in the RB ratings I have seen. Most of them have him as the 18th or so rated RB in the draft.

(03-18-2019, 02:05 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think Jordan Scarlett is very underrated, at least in the RB ratings I have seen.   Most of them have him as the 18th or so rated RB in the draft.

Yeah, I left him out because two different scouting reports were negative on his receiving ability.
Not a fit for Defilippo's system if true. 

The off field issues from a UF guy are also becoming a red flag for me.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2019, 02:20 PM by JackCity.)

Kenny Young is a UDFA type scatback from Ohio, he's like 5'7 180 but has tons of experience lining up as a WR as well as playing RB. Probably just a guy all things considered but he's one of the best pass catching backs in the country. Also has a very cool backstory.

Has 101 catches over 4 seasons, ran a 4.38 at his pro day

https://twitter.com/Coach2Bless/status/1...0125596672

I'd like to see either Justice Hill or James Williams in the 5th (trade up) or 6th rounds. Both can fill the role as pass catcher and complementary back.

(03-18-2019, 03:46 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd like to see either Justice Hill or James Williams in the 5th (trade up) or 6th rounds. Both can fill the role as pass catcher and complementary back.

Hill will likely be gone in the first 3 rounds, maybe at the top of 4

Tony Pollard from Memphis. He can fill 2 roles as a KR and receiving back early on.

I worry though how many of these rookies are adequate at pass blocking/blitz pick up if they need to and are able to quickly pick up a the nuances of a NFL playbook straight out of college.

I know some players have proven the ability to date in past few seasons, but I'm pretty sure all those guys were drafted before the 6th round.

(03-18-2019, 05:52 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: I worry though how many of these rookies are adequate at pass blocking/blitz pick up if they need to and are able to quickly pick up a the nuances of a NFL playbook straight out of college.

I know some players have proven the ability to date in past few seasons, but I'm pretty sure all those guys were drafted before the 6th round.

That side will be a work in progress for many of the later round prospects. Seems like this group of RBs later in the draft with good hands -- you have to choose between speed and agility, or blocking prowess.

Not many guys around that late that have the trifecta of hands, speed, and  blocking ability.  I think identifying a prospect than is coachable in the blocking dept. will be a big part of the process if they are actually targeting a third down back or C.O.P. guy late in the draft or immediately thereafter (UDFA). 

Defilippo's scheme doesn't ask the third down back to block quite as much in my estimation, but they'll still need that skill.