Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags need to do this

(03-18-2019, 06:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Why do I keep reading the ops threads?  I must be a gluten for punishment.

I laughed way too hard at this....and kind of cried a little too.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-18-2019, 05:19 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: If the jags want to win the Super bowl this year they need to do these 2 things. 

1. sign a lot of offenssive lineman that can play first string in case the first stringers get hurt again.  2. sign clay matthews,and Suh.  

if they did those 2 things  they would be Super Bowl winners.  I know a lot of people are going to think im crazy but im telling you watch,and see what happens with the 2 teams those to players sign with. thier defense will get even better. if we signed them ourdefense would be unstoppble.

Nobody will think you're crazy because of this post, Snowie...  That train left the station long ago.

(03-19-2019, 09:23 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 07:31 PM)FBT Wrote: They can't sign Matthews or Suh, Wolfie.  There isn't enough cap space available for them to do so unless you cut some quality players to do so.

As far as signing a bunch of offensive lineman who can all start in the league, what team has depth 3 or 4 deep at every position?  None.  They'll bolster the line with depth, but there is no guarantee that youre going to get starter material with every player signed.  There's just not that much talent to go around.  The line will be better based on guys coming back from the IR, and I'm sure the team will continue to pursue quality depth in the draft and later in free agency.

The team is going to find skill players for Foles to work with at WR, RB, and TE.  They have no choice but to do so.  Hopefully they prove you wrong about Foles because I think he's far better than anyone gives him credit for at this point.  He's clearly an upgrade over what we've replaced, so even moderate improvement is a huge leap for this team.  Receivers won't have to guess where the ball will be, and they won't be receiving knuckle balls from their QB.

thank you for the heads up on the salary cap FBT. theres one major reason i question foles.  if hes so good why was he a back up in phily behind wentz?

I bet a lot of Philly fans are asking themselves the same question. ;-)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(03-18-2019, 05:19 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: If the jags want to win the Super bowl this year they need to do these 2 things. 

1. sign a lot of offenssive lineman that can play first string in case the first stringers get hurt again.  2. sign clay matthews,and Suh.  

if they did those 2 things  they would be Super Bowl winners.  I know a lot of people are going to think im crazy but im telling you watch,and see what happens with the 2 teams those to players sign with. thier defense will get even better. if we signed them ourdefense would be unstoppble.

Mathews way too old, Suh doesn't even try most plays. Not even close.

(03-19-2019, 08:47 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 01:50 AM)TheeKB Wrote: Something tells me this is troll bait...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You must be new here.

He/She has to be new here.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-19-2019, 11:08 AM)Ronster Wrote: The Jags need to protect the QB. The first two picks need to be O-Lineman, hell do the first three... protect the QB, Protect the QB.

We must keep in mind, the health of the 2018 OL. As projected, when they return healthy in 2019, we won't need to draft two/three O-Linemen. If healthy, the only question mark comes at the RT position and he's penciled in (at this time) to be the starter.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

only time will tell what happens. it will be a different season with a new qb now.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(03-19-2019, 09:23 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 07:31 PM)FBT Wrote: They can't sign Matthews or Suh, Wolfie.  There isn't enough cap space available for them to do so unless you cut some quality players to do so.

As far as signing a bunch of offensive lineman who can all start in the league, what team has depth 3 or 4 deep at every position?  None.  They'll bolster the line with depth, but there is no guarantee that youre going to get starter material with every player signed.  There's just not that much talent to go around.  The line will be better based on guys coming back from the IR, and I'm sure the team will continue to pursue quality depth in the draft and later in free agency.

The team is going to find skill players for Foles to work with at WR, RB, and TE.  They have no choice but to do so.  Hopefully they prove you wrong about Foles because I think he's far better than anyone gives him credit for at this point.  He's clearly an upgrade over what we've replaced, so even moderate improvement is a huge leap for this team.  Receivers won't have to guess where the ball will be, and they won't be receiving knuckle balls from their QB.

thank you for the heads up on the salary cap FBT. theres one major reason i question foles.  if hes so good why was he a back up in phily behind wentz?

As someone already pointed out, Philly was going to pay him $20M to be their backup.  He bought out his contract to get out there and test free agency.  He's not Tom Brady, but he's better than any QB this franchise has had on the roster since Brunell.  The contract he signed is actually pretty reasonable for where he ranks in the league.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(03-20-2019, 08:13 AM)FBT Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 09:23 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: thank you for the heads up on the salary cap FBT. theres one major reason i question foles.  if hes so good why was he a back up in phily behind wentz?

As someone already pointed out, Philly was going to pay him $20M to be their backup.  He bought out his contract to get out there and test free agency.  He's not Tom Brady, but he's better than any QB this franchise has had on the roster since Brunell.  The contract he signed is actually pretty reasonable for where he ranks in the league.

There were so many reports where the Eagles were willing to franchise in order to have the flexibility to trade him and recoup something.  For people to think Foles would give up a guaranteed 20 mil and come here on a 15-18 mil deal is crazy.  It's also crazy to think that if he DID sign the franchise tag and they kept him, he'd be making almost 3 times as much as Wentz, who is supposed to be the unquestioned starter in 2019.  Overall, I think the team did it's due diligence and crafted a pretty team friendly deal when all the numbers are analyzed.  I think Foles gives us the best chance to win NOW, while the young nucleus of the defense is still together (Yan, Jack, Jalen, AJ).  At 30 years old, he theoretically can stick around a solid 5-7 years and allow us to draft a QB when the need isn't so....dire?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-19-2019, 05:34 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 11:08 AM)Ronster Wrote: The Jags need to protect the QB. The first two picks need to be O-Lineman, hell do the first three... protect the QB, Protect the QB.

We must keep in mind, the health of the 2018 OL. As projected, when they return healthy in 2019, we won't need to draft two/three O-Linemen. If healthy, the only question mark comes at the RT position and he's penciled in (at this time) to be the starter.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Thank you! The OL is not as dire of a situation as so many seem to think it is. 

Bortles was the least touched QB (or top 5 at least, can't remember exactly) in the league through week 4....

Jags need to never listen to what Snowwolf or his dad say, period.

hopefully our o-line stays healither this year. time will telll.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(03-20-2019, 02:29 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Jags need to never listen to what Snowwolf or his dad say, period.

(03-20-2019, 05:48 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: hopefully our o-line stays healither this year. time will telll.

I'm so conflicted ... I'm going to side with Wolfie on this one.

(03-20-2019, 07:41 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 02:29 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Jags need to never listen to what Snowwolf or his dad say, period.

(03-20-2019, 05:48 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: hopefully our o-line stays healither this year. time will telll.

I'm so conflicted ... I'm going to side with Wolfie on this one.

I need to think about this a little longer.

I guess...time will tell.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-19-2019, 05:19 PM)NH3 Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 08:47 AM)Mikey Wrote: You must be new here.

He/She has to be new here.

NH3...

Nah, I just don’t get on much. Especially this past season. Misery loves company and I had a hard enough time watching those games by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro