Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Haskins is available....we should take him.

(03-20-2019, 11:46 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Without a doubt they should take him. He'd sit one year and take over for Foles in 2020, if it even took him that long to surpass Foles. Unfortunately they wont and we will again be stuck with mediocre to below average QB play for the next few years until we try again.

So you just signed a guy for 4 years/$88 mill to bench him in a year, year and a half?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-20-2019, 01:07 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 11:46 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Without a doubt they should take him. He'd sit one year and take over for Foles in 2020, if it even took him that long to surpass Foles. Unfortunately they wont and we will again be stuck with mediocre to below average QB play for the next few years until we try again.

So you just signed a guy for 4 years/$88 mill to bench him in a year, year and a half?
The Eagles gave Sam Bradford a big contract and then proceeded to trade up for Wentz in the draft.

Yeah they should draft him if hes at 7 heck i'd still trade up for him imo, but at 7 I would not be shocked by qb or de. TE is very deep we could get one in round 2 or 3.
No Fun

Another observation. If Foles fails, Caldwell, Marrone, and probably Coughlin are gone. However, Haskins could be an insurance policy. Why put all your eggs in one basket?

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 04:38 PM by Upper.)

By all accounts Haskins was awesome at his pro day today too. How sad that we decided to thrust ourselves in purgatory for the foreseeable future instead of doing what it took to draft our first franchise QB.

(03-20-2019, 04:37 PM)Upper Wrote: By all accounts Haskins was awesome at his pro day today too. How sad that we decided to thrust ourselves in purgatory for the foreseeable future instead of doing what it took to draft our first franchise QB.

Totally agree.

(03-20-2019, 04:37 PM)Upper Wrote: By all accounts Haskins was awesome at his pro day today too. How sad that we decided to thrust ourselves in purgatory for the foreseeable future instead of doing what it took to draft our first franchise QB.
He looked really really good.

Also have been working his tail off and really cut out that baby fat. 

Some team is gonna get a star.

(03-19-2019, 08:05 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Trade back to 10 for an additional two from Denver, Flacco is not the answer and I can bet a cookie that Elway wants a rookie to groom. Take TE Hockenson!!

Oatmeal, or Chocolate Chip? We're talking a huge difference in stakes here.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 08:13 PM by Eric1.)

Yup, it's going to suck when we go 8-8 in both of these next 2 seasons and end up with the same issues (average QB play), while Haskins balls out for some other team.

This Defense is too good (and there's no way our Offense will be as awful as this season was) for us to end up picking in the top 5-10 again and having a shot at another franchise QB. 

People think it would cost us too much in this draft to move up 2-3 spots. Wait until 2021 comes around and we're picking in the late teens/early 20's and talking about trying to move up to get a franchise QB because we missed out on one 2 years prior. The cost is going to be doubled, at the very least.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 08:50 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

trading up for Haskins would be a Gene Smith type move. Hopefully they make the right decision and take Hockenson

(03-20-2019, 08:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: trading up for Haskins would be a Gene Smith type move.  Hopefully they make the right decision and take Hockenson

Make your Oakland pick el duderino!!

Yea I have a bad feeling about passing on Haskins... I'd give up next year's 1st to trade back into the 1st and get him after we take Hock. Or vice versa

(03-20-2019, 08:50 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: trading up for Haskins would be a Gene Smith type move.  Hopefully they make the right decision and take Hockenson

The only reason it wouldn't be smart to trade up for him now is because they're wasting a bunch of money on Foles.

If he's still there at #7 you have to take him though because I see this Foles signing ending up like a classic Gene Smith type move. We're going to be back to the drawing board for a QB in 2 years.

(03-19-2019, 08:05 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: Trade back to 10 for an additional two from Denver, Flacco is not the answer and I can bet a cookie that Elway wants a rookie to groom. Take TE Hockenson!!

Then trade from 10 back to 13 with Miami and net another #2: 1,2,2,2,3,3,4 = OL, TE, OL, S, TE, WR, QB/S
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-20-2019, 09:40 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

The only reason it wouldn't be smart to trade up for him now is because they're wasting a bunch of money on Foles.

If he's still there at #7 you have to take him though because I see this Foles signing ending up like a classic Gene Smith type move. We're going to be back to the drawing board for a QB in 2 years.

I dont see signing a guy with multiple NFL passing records and a SB MVP as Gene Smith move.  If that was a Gene Smith type move he would still ne here

Yea honestly I can't see how people can say the Foles move is a negative move (outside of the opportunity cost of Haskins perhaps). It may not be a Home Run, but it's definitely not hurting the team or making them worse

(03-21-2019, 12:13 PM)JNev Wrote: Yea honestly I can't see how people can say the Foles move is a negative move (outside of the opportunity cost of Haskins perhaps). It may not be a Home Run, but it's definitely not hurting the team or making them worse

Lol yeah...other than that opportunity cost of a potential true franchise QB on a rookie salary...

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 01:00 PM by Cleatwood.)

(03-21-2019, 12:13 PM)JNev Wrote: Yea honestly I can't see how people can say the Foles move is a negative move (outside of the opportunity cost of Haskins perhaps). It may not be a Home Run, but it's definitely not hurting the team or making them worse
For this season, yes. Foles is better than Blake and that's obvious which means it's an upgrade at QB.

But those of us who want Haskins, see the potential in a true franchise QB. On a rookie contract no less which allows the Jags the flexibility to bolster the roster around him.

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2019, 01:05 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-21-2019, 12:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
For this season, yes. Foles is better than Blake and that's obvious which means it's an upgrade at QB.

But those of us who want Haskins see the potential in a true franchise QB. On a rookie contract no less which allows the Jags the flexibility to bolster the roster around him.

Foles just turned 30.  You act like hes close to 40. Lol.  Hes younger than Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson. Luck, Newton, and Foles are only months apart

You can never have too many good quarterbacks. The Jags missed out on Watson by taking Fournette. They missed out on Wilson by drafting a punter one pick earlier. If a good quarterback falls to you at your pick, you've got to take him. Especially if you're the Jags.