Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Haskins is available....we should take him.

(03-21-2019, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 12:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: For this season, yes. Foles is better than Blake and that's obvious which means it's an upgrade at QB.

But those of us who want Haskins see the potential in a true franchise QB. On a rookie contract no less which allows the Jags the flexibility to bolster the roster around him.

Foles just turned 30.  You act like hes close to 40. Lol.  Hes younger than Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson. Luck, Newton, and Foles are only months apart
That has nothing to do with it. 

It has everything to do with Haskins and the ability to keep the defense together while adding offensive pieces around a QB on a rookie contract. It also has to do with the fact that some of us see Haskins as an elite prospect who can really carry a team.

I'm gonna get behind Foles but I'm also going to keep an eye on Haskins to see how he does. This could be Mahomes all over again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-21-2019, 01:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Foles just turned 30.  You act like hes close to 40. Lol.  Hes younger than Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson. Luck, Newton, and Foles are only months apart

It has everything to do with Haskins and the ability to keep the defense together while adding offensive pieces around a QB on a rookie contract. It also has to do with the fact that some of us see Haskins as an elite prospect who can really carry a team.

I'm gonna get behind Foles but I'm also going to keep an eye on Haskins to see how he does. This could be Mahomes all over again.

Lol

(03-21-2019, 02:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 01:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: That has nothing to do with it. 

Lol
Not shocked you got nothin.

(03-21-2019, 02:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 02:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Lol
Not shocked you got nothin.

It was funny

(03-21-2019, 01:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Foles just turned 30.  You act like hes close to 40. Lol.  Hes younger than Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson. Luck, Newton, and Foles are only months apart

Everyone needs to calm down on this thing. Haskins had 1 great college season. Sure the videos in the draft evaluations have been good as well, but he could easily become the next Byron Leftwich versus the next great NFL passer. There is no sure thing there. Even those really high on him have him behind Baker and Darnold from last year, and Darnold's rookie season was no where near good enough to lead a playoff team.

Also, everyone needs to put a pause on all this Mahomes love. He had one of the most historically great seasons of all time. Guess what. So did Foles in his first season, and he never repeated that level of production. We don't know what he will become or achieve, so lets pause with the whole woe is me the Jaguars epically botched it again.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 10:15 AM by Cleatwood.)

(03-22-2019, 12:08 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:

Everyone needs to calm down on this thing. Haskins had 1 great college season. Sure the videos in the draft evaluations have been good as well, but he could easily become the next Byron Leftwich versus the next great NFL passer. There is no sure thing there. Even those really high on him have him behind Baker and Darnold from last year, and Darnold's rookie season was no where near good enough to lead a playoff team.

Also, everyone needs to put a pause on all this Mahomes love. He had one of the most historically great seasons of all time. Guess what. So did Foles in his first season, and he never repeated that level of production. We don't know what he will become or achieve, so lets pause with the whole woe is me the Jaguars epically botched it again.
Hahahaha So did Foles?!

Did Foles throw for 50 TD passes and 5,000 yards? Good grief. You can't compare those two seasons. It's also not hard to watch Mahomes and see he's different than just about every QB in the league.

You don't think the Jags epically botched selecting Fournette over Mahomes? Even if Mahomes never matches those totals again, it's still an epic fail by this franchise to select Fournette over Mahomes. It's an epic fail to select Fournette over McCaffery.

Or it could be just like the TwitterScoutTM lectures we got about Teddy Bridgewater.

And Geno Smith.

And on and on...

When you fling poo at everything, you hit everything.  Right and wrong.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(03-22-2019, 07:43 PM)pirkster Wrote:

Or it could be just like the TwitterScoutTM lectures we got about Teddy Bridgewater.

And Geno Smith.

And on and on...

When you fling poo at everything, you hit everything.  Right and wrong.

Pirksters "every QB class actually sucks" routine has worked well the last few years.....

(03-19-2019, 03:07 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: There's rumors that the Giants don't want Haskins. I find that hard to believe, but....if he is available, we should take him despite having signed Foles.  I'm as excited as anyone about Nick's arrival in Duval, but we need to plan for contingencies. What if Foles doesn't work out? Are we stuck with a bad QB for the next two years?

If we take Haskins, he can sit on the bench and learn from the starter--something Blake should have done his rookie year. If Foles doesn't work out, he can back Haskins in 2020, and then we can release him with little damage to our cap. But what if Foles exceeds our wildest expectations?  In that case, Haskins becomes trade bait. Teams will make some pretty dumb trades to get a quality QB--look at what Buffalo gave up to get Rob Johnson.

I know people want a TE or a WR. We can still get a good one in the second and third rounds.

"If Foles doesn't work out..."

Trouble is, Foles won't work out if we don't get linemen who can protect him and playmakers who can catch passes.   If we use the 7th overall pick on another QB, who will be sitting on the bench while we figure out whether Foles will work out, we are making it that much more difficult for Foles to have success.   

So if Haskins is available, my first choice would be to trade down.   My second choice would be to use the pick for an offensive tackle or a TE.

(03-23-2019, 06:27 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 03:07 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: There's rumors that the Giants don't want Haskins. I find that hard to believe, but....if he is available, we should take him despite having signed Foles.  I'm as excited as anyone about Nick's arrival in Duval, but we need to plan for contingencies. What if Foles doesn't work out? Are we stuck with a bad QB for the next two years?

If we take Haskins, he can sit on the bench and learn from the starter--something Blake should have done his rookie year. If Foles doesn't work out, he can back Haskins in 2020, and then we can release him with little damage to our cap. But what if Foles exceeds our wildest expectations?  In that case, Haskins becomes trade bait. Teams will make some pretty dumb trades to get a quality QB--look at what Buffalo gave up to get Rob Johnson.

I know people want a TE or a WR. We can still get a good one in the second and third rounds.

"If Foles doesn't work out..."

Trouble is, Foles won't work out if we don't get linemen who can protect him and playmakers who can catch passes.   If we use the 7th overall pick on another QB, who will be sitting on the bench while we figure out whether Foles will work out, we are making it that much more difficult for Foles to have success.   

So if Haskins is available, my first choice would be to trade down.   My second choice would be to use the pick for an offensive tackle or a TE.

Completely agree well said.

I wish we'd draft him and should draft him, but since this front office hitched their wagon on Foles, they can't use any draft resources on a QB at all. They have to do everything they can to try and help Foles over these next two seasons.

Coughlin, Caldwell and Marrone all have 2 years left on their contracts. Foles' deal is basically a two year deal as well (there's an out after that). They all have a two year window to make a DEEP runs in the playoffs, or we're starting over and that's likely what's going to happen. No point in them worrying about the QB position 3-4+ years from now when they probably wont even be here by then anyways.

(03-23-2019, 04:58 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I wish we'd draft him and should draft him, but since this front office hitched their wagon on Foles, they can't use any draft resources on a QB at all. They have to do everything they can to try and help Foles over these next two seasons.

Coughlin, Caldwell and Marrone all have 2 years left on their contracts. Foles' deal is basically a two year deal as well (there's an out after that). They all have a two year window to make a DEEP runs in the playoffs, or we're starting over and that's likely what's going to happen. No point in them worrying about the QB position 3-4+ years from now when they probably wont even be here by then anyways.

So you are predicting failure already.

(03-23-2019, 08:46 PM)surfon Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 04:58 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I wish we'd draft him and should draft him, but since this front office hitched their wagon on Foles, they can't use any draft resources on a QB at all. They have to do everything they can to try and help Foles over these next two seasons.

So you are predicting failure already.

I guess we'll find out soon enough in the direction they decide to go in the draft and this season, but yea, my confidence level in their decisions of thinking Foles is the answer isn't very high.

Erik Galko says he's very confident in the Jaguars taking Haskins, puts himself at 70-80% sure of it happening

(03-27-2019, 08:46 PM)JackCity Wrote: Erik Galko says he's very confident in the Jaguars taking Haskins, puts himself at 70-80% sure of it happening

I would be "jacked", but what would that be saying to Foles?

(03-27-2019, 08:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 08:46 PM)JackCity Wrote: Erik Galko says he's very confident in the Jaguars taking Haskins, puts himself at 70-80% sure of it happening

It would be saying, 'you have 4 years to earn $88M and the possibility of earning many more millions in performance incentives before the new sheriff comes to town'.

Who is Erik Galko?

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 08:58 PM by JackCity.)

(03-27-2019, 08:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Who is Erik Galko?

He owns Optimum Scouting

(03-27-2019, 08:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Exactly what his contract says. We think you give us the best chance to win year 1 and then year 2 you are either the bridge or you play well enough to hold off before being cut in 2021

I seriously could who Tom and Dave are talking to Galko about who they want to draft at 7