Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags were in play for Adrian Peterson

From MMQB today: https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/18/josh-r...ium=social

9. The Redskins move to take care of Adrian Peterson early—signing him to a two-year, $8 million deal on Monday—was largely prompted by other teams’ interest in him. Which is amazing considering where he was at this time a year ago. This year, both the Bears and Jaguars were in it before Peterson decided to go back to DC.

Couple of points: 1) it sure would've made sense to bring him in last year as backup for LF, on a much cheaper contract too. Really could've used him.
2) Do you think we will continue to be in the market for a veteran backup RB, someone that can carry the load if (when?) LF misses time? Which names are still out there?
3) I'm sure some of the appeal of AP was to bring in a model professional at the position for LF to learn from.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Adrian Peterson is a physical freak of nature. It's going to be interesting to see how long he can continue to be productive in the league.

We're going to continue to be in the market for a backup RB. We have no choice.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

FBT- does Coughlin's office overlook the practice fields? Can LF27 look up and see him standing in the window?
Yes...we need a couple of RBs.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Even at 33 yearls old, AP was better than LF last season.

Now there are some good RB still on the market.

Spencer Ware
Isaiah Crowell
CJ Anderson
Jay Ajayi

Of course we could bring Yeldon and/or Corey Grant back. But not sure that TC want Yeldon back after his comments at the end of the season.

Jags will address RB in the draft, it is just a matter of with what pick.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-20-2019, 08:42 AM)Dimson Wrote: Jags will address RB in the draft, it is just a matter of with what pick.

This^
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

I'd be looking in the sixth round for guys like:

Travis Homer, Bryce Love, James Williams, Karan Higdon, Tony Pollard, Bruce Anderson

I’ll take Crowell

Remember we did sign Thomas Rawls I'd like to see what he can do.

(This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 09:52 PM by Eric1.)

(03-20-2019, 08:54 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Remember we did sign Thomas Rawls I'd like to see what he can do.

I'd really rather them not hinge their bets on an injury prone RB who hasn't did anything for going on 3-4 seasons now.

(03-20-2019, 08:54 PM)nhiverson Wrote: Remember we did sign Thomas Rawls I'd like to see what he can do.

he's just a guy, probably doesn't make the roster

(03-20-2019, 08:26 AM)PF* Wrote: FBT- does Coughlin's office overlook the practice fields? Can LF27 look up and see him standing in the window?
Yes...we need a couple of RBs.

I think Tom's office actually is in the bowels of the stadium where the coaches and locker rooms and meeting rooms are located.  Now, if Tom is back to his usual self, he's got his desk on a platform, and all other chairs are extremely low.

No worry about TC monitoring practices.  He's usually on the field for them, so Leondard is going to be under a watchful gaze.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

He's not quite camp fodder, but not a contender for the starting job. Camp fodder+, maybe.