Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Your bust/most overrated player in the draft

(03-23-2019, 12:55 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Luke Del Rio

He was great in college but I don't see him being able to mirror that same level of success in the NFL.

12 years and 8 teams in college is hard to top in the NFL.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Haskins

(03-23-2019, 01:50 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Haskins

I'm all for opinions and such, but I just don't understand why some people keep calling Haskins overrated..

He's literally the only FBS player in the 21st century to throw for 50+ TDs, 70%+ completion rating and less than 10 INTs in a season.. How could somebody not want that guy, or think he's overrated? lol

(03-23-2019, 04:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 01:50 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Haskins

I'm all for opinions and such, but I just don't understand why some people keep calling Haskins overrated..

He's literally the only FBS player in the 21st century to throw for 50+ TDs, 70%+ completion rating and less than 10 INTs in a season.. How could somebody not want that guy, or think he's overrated? lol

Agreed.

(03-23-2019, 04:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 04:45 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I'm all for opinions and such, but I just don't understand why some people keep calling Haskins overrated..

Agreed.

Not so much "overrated" as you clearly showed he has ridiculous stats.

I just have a strong gut feeling he'll end up a bust.

(03-23-2019, 06:07 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 04:51 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Agreed.

Not so much "overrated" as you clearly showed he has ridiculous stats.

I just have a strong gut feeling he'll end up a bust.

Agree, its "stats".  He had 3 of the fastest players in college football where he threw quick slants to where most corners or even players period in college isnt as fast as Dixon, McLaurin, and Campbell.  Urban has a great scheme to get those players the ball quick to where it really inflated his stats. He proably wont have the luxury to throw those quick slants where all his recievers will be faster than the corners in the pros like he did with those guys, not to mention his numbers werent very good under pressure and im sure he will see a lot more of that than what he seen in college.  Also is deep ball wasnt very good so defenses will crowd the box and blitz him to take away the quick slant

Laughing

(This post was last modified: 03-25-2019, 09:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

That 48 TD 5 INT 71 comp% season by Case Keenum was a great season too. Stats dont tell the whole story

Id be good with Haskins, just not in the first. I think he would be good value in the 2nd or 3rd

This kinda tells you a little about Haskins

https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/statu...5402542081

Laughing

Rashan Gary, Drew Lock

(03-20-2019, 08:27 AM)JagJohn Wrote: We already have the thread for sleepers, here is the thread for those players you think are just way over-hyped. I'll start us off with someone I imagine will be a controversial choice.

WR Hakeem Butler

This dude is seemingly shooting up draft boards, possibly destined to be a first round pick. A few months ago when I first started doing draft research he was being talked about 3rd/4th round at most, and he makes sense at that point, but anywhere near the first and I am well out.

Like most, my first impression of this dude was wow. Watch some highlights and see a guy with the wingspan of a pterodactyl just dominating out there, like Lebron on grass. But the more you actually watch tape on the guy, the more you see a guy that struggles with drops and lack of concentration. Simply put, I don't think he is a technician when it comes to the craft of being a WR, and I think his pro career will go the same way as a whole bunch of other big guys that never really felt the need to learn their craft. This opinion was re-enforced when I watched him doing the drills at the combine, to me he looked sloppy, both in technique and attitude. Obviously I could be wrong, but I just suspect his pro career will never amount to much and he'll have a rude awakening when he starts playing against a higher calibre player.

Who's your draft busts this year?

Guess I wasn't alone in this take