Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
March Madness

Texas Tech, Virginia, Auburn, and Michigan State final four? Bet nobody saw that coming.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-31-2019, 07:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Have coaches stopped teaching teams how to shoot free throws? Even more, free throws under pressure. It seems to be a lost art. Or maybe it never was...I don't know.

Texas Tech is the only Final Four team I have left and I had them getting beat by Duke. I had Duke over North Carolina in the finals, so yeah.......... I didn't fare too well.

I had mich st and Virginia. But I had MSU falling to NC in final so my bracket is basically done lol. I'm pulling for izzo though.

(03-31-2019, 07:53 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 07:11 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Have coaches stopped teaching teams how to shoot free throws? Even more, free throws under pressure. It seems to be a lost art. Or maybe it never was...I don't know.

On average its about how it's always been.  Not everyone can be Larry bird, steph curry, Reggie Miller at the line.  Even the great scores like Jordan, Kobe were pretty much avg at the line but made their free throws when it mattered.

In what world is 84% average?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Can you explain to me how somehow practices shooting free throws with the pressure of going to the Final 4?

And except for a big dip from 93-99, the average NBA FT% has been fairly consistent. 2010 had the highest % for a season.

Auburn coach should be fired for all those "fouls to give" fouls in the last 10 seconds. Man up and play D and let then go full court to score.

(04-03-2019, 02:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Can you explain to me how somehow practices shooting free throws with the pressure of going to the Final 4?

And except for a big dip from 93-99, the average NBA FT% has been fairly consistent. 2010 had the highest % for a season.

Situational/pressure is nearly impossible to replicate.  You either have ice water in the veins at that particular moment, or not.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

An 81% FT shooter hits 3 free throws in a row at a 54% clip, and that's just in regular play. Serious stones on the young lad

(04-07-2019, 02:04 AM)JackCity Wrote: An 81% FT shooter hits 3 free throws in a row at a 54% clip, and that's just in regular play. Serious stones on the young lad
After he made the first one, you knew he was drilling them all.

Kid was so clutch.

(04-03-2019, 02:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Wet willies.

I was hoping to see Texas Tech gut it out. What a scrappy team. Hats off to Virginia.

(04-09-2019, 06:22 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I was hoping to see Texas Tech gut it out. What a scrappy team. Hats off to Virginia.

was more fun to watch that I anticipated. Hell of a comeback story from going out to a 16 last season. Well done Virginia.