Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles Superbowl Mvp performance

(03-26-2019, 10:56 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 03:31 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: You're not going to get any joy after SB Sunday? You're crazy.

How?

I'm genuinely curious.

Is it that easy for some people to experience joy? The thought of multi-millionaires earning an extra $250,000 and a billionaire earning an extra $10-100 million?

What do YOU get out of it? To say your multi-millionaires did better than theirs?

It makes no sense to me.

The same way if my HS won State... yea I was the QB for them years ago.. but we didn't win anything then.. if they win now.. that's THEIR accomplishment. Not mine. At all.

I don't know about you but the week after a Jaguars win goes by much more smoothly than a crushing loss. Maybe that's overinvestment but that's fandom I guess

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-26-2019, 11:21 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 10:56 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: How?

I'm genuinely curious.

Is it that easy for some people to experience joy? The thought of multi-millionaires earning an extra $250,000 and a billionaire earning an extra $10-100 million?

What do YOU get out of it? To say your multi-millionaires did better than theirs?

It makes no sense to me.

The same way if my HS won State... yea I was the QB for them years ago.. but we didn't win anything then.. if they win now.. that's THEIR accomplishment. Not mine. At all.

I don't know about you but the week after a Jaguars win goes by much more smoothly than a crushing loss. Maybe that's overinvestment but that's fandom I guess

I know of no other way.

I've heard other people have managed to avoid such an existence, but somehow they have managed to not be football fans.  I don't get that.  To me, inside every non football fan is a football fan waiting to learn the game and get out.

Or perhaps they are not American.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-26-2019, 11:21 PM)JackCity Wrote:

I'm genuinely curious.

It makes no sense to me.

That is how I feel about most of my teams in other sports . I can understand how someone may not be as passionate but to not even understand how people can feel that invested is stupid.

I think people should be able to enjoy the sport in whatever way they feel appropriate.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 12:00 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

So no one really knows but feels very insulted that others may not feel that way too.

Gotcha.

NSFW... it's bad language at the end... but man it perfectly explains it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu_P793w0dk

(03-26-2019, 11:51 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So no one really knows but feels very insulted that others may not feel that way too.

Gotcha.

Not really at all but take what you want from the posts above. It's not worth explaining any more.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 06:48 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-26-2019, 10:56 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 03:31 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: You're not going to get any joy after SB Sunday? You're crazy.

How?

I'm genuinely curious.

It makes no sense to me.

I think you raise an interesting point, and on a purely logical level, it makes some sense.   But I would ask you, does anything anyone else does give you pleasure?  Or can you only get pleasure from things you do yourself?   

Is joy something to be pursued?   And is joy only valid for a short period of time?   Or is it just as valid if we extend our joy for a few extra days or weeks or months?   Is it wrong to intentionally stretch our joy beyond the day of the event?  

Personally, when the Jags win, I intentionally try to stretch the good feeling for as long as possible.   I think that's the best way to live life.   I still get a lot of pleasure thinking about things that happened to me up to 30 years ago.   I like to feel joy and pleasure, even if I know deep down that I'm sort of fooling myself into feeling that way.  If I didn't do that, I'd be depressed all day, thinking that some day I'm going to die and all this "life" is really meaningless because it all goes away at some point.  

But again, I think you make some valid points.   Logical but a bit depressing.   I prefer to drink the kool-aid and pretend the Jaguars are some part of myself, even though I know on a purely logical level, I just happen to live in the same city they play in.

And also, not to get political, but I don't mind that the owner is a billionaire and the players are millionaires.

(03-27-2019, 06:42 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I'm genuinely curious.

It makes no sense to me.

I think you raise an interesting point, and on a purely logical level, it makes some sense.   But I would ask you, does anything anyone else does give you pleasure?  Or can you only get pleasure from things you do yourself?   

Is joy something to be pursued?   And is joy only valid for a short period of time?   Or is it just as valid if we extend our joy for a few extra days or weeks or months?   Is it wrong to intentionally stretch our joy beyond the day of the event?  

Personally, when the Jags win, I intentionally try to stretch the good feeling for as long as possible.   I think that's the best way to live life.   I still get a lot of pleasure thinking about things that happened to me up to 30 years ago.   I like to feel joy and pleasure, even if I know deep down that I'm sort of fooling myself into feeling that way.  If I didn't do that, I'd be depressed all day, thinking that some day I'm going to die and all this "life" is really meaningless because it all goes away at some point.  

But again, I think you make some valid points.   Logical but a bit depressing.   I prefer to drink the kool-aid and pretend the Jaguars are some part of myself, even though I know on a purely logical level, I just happen to live in the same city they play in.

And also, not to get political, but I don't mind that the owner is a billionaire and the players are millionaires.

I don't mind that they're rich, either, but I understand their motivation and the joy they get because of the financial benefits.

I also understand amateur athletes that win and get joy from that without any money.

And I also understand the happiness of a Jags win - I experience that too - I guess it just doesn't go past that Sunday.

Others have said, if the Jags won the Superbowl and then went winless they wouldn't care. I'd HATE that.. One day of happy versus an entire season of unhappy just doesn't do it for me.

(03-23-2019, 06:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 06:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Not sure why you don’t think this f.o. Can’t draft a QB of the future while Foles is in his first contract. 

He’s just a high priced bridge in the scenario I’m describing. Totally do-able.

Because now they can't afford to spend a high draft pick on a QB who likely wont touch the field for at least 2 years (and the F.O. might be gone in 2 years anyways). This Offense is too void of talent to do that. Which is why we're going to have to pass on a very good Defensive player at #7 and go with either TE/OL/WR or a trade down. They literally have to add more pieces to this Offense around Foles, if they have any hope in him being successful here.

It now also doesn't make much sense for them to draft a QB of the future, when their future is literally tied to Foles and if he doesn't pan out they wont have a future here regardless.

I actually think you're just a troll  This offense is void of talent? It was the fifth ranked offense two seasons ago with mostly the same starters who were all younger and a much worse QB. Wth are you even talking because I'm not even sure you know let alone anybody else ..

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 12:31 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(04-05-2019, 02:25 AM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 06:33 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Because now they can't afford to spend a high draft pick on a QB who likely wont touch the field for at least 2 years (and the F.O. might be gone in 2 years anyways). This Offense is too void of talent to do that. Which is why we're going to have to pass on a very good Defensive player at #7 and go with either TE/OL/WR or a trade down. They literally have to add more pieces to this Offense around Foles, if they have any hope in him being successful here.

It now also doesn't make much sense for them to draft a QB of the future, when their future is literally tied to Foles and if he doesn't pan out they wont have a future here regardless.

I actually think you're just a troll  This offense is void of talent? It was the fifth ranked offense two seasons ago with mostly the same starters who were all younger and a much worse QB. Wth are you even talking because I'm not even sure you know let alone anybody else ..

bro stop hating.  We had almost zero injuries on that run and that was with a QB who was putting up decent yet inconsistent numbers.  Better than Foles i can give you that, since foles wasnt playing until quarter 4 in the season.    We need the run game on point, the oline playing lights out, the defense creating turnovers and getting points, and the QB managing the game right.  Unless Foles turns into brady and puts the team on his back, we are doomed without the rest; or the gameplan is lightyears better than before.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.