Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jawaan Taylor

Interestingly, on 1010XL, Leon Searcy came out in favor of a Taylor selection a7, and even offered to mentor/help develop him.

So Boselli & Lageman don't like him, but Searcy does. Hmmm...

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-27-2019, 07:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Interestingly, on 1010XL, Leon Searcy came out in favor of a Taylor selection a7, and even offered to mentor/help develop him.

So Boselli & Lageman don't like him, but Searcy does. Hmmm...

It probably shouldn't be too surprising that the right tackle would support us taking a right tackle at 7.

He seems very much so one of those brawler type RTs and it does seem like that archetype of tackle can only go so far in the NFL

If we do go oline in the first I want Lawaan

(03-27-2019, 07:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we do go oline in the first I want Lawaan

Who is Lawaan?

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 07:49 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-27-2019, 07:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 07:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we do go oline in the first I want Lawaan

Who is Lawaan?

J*

(03-27-2019, 07:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Who is Lawaan?

Lawrence Taylor

Or Ford, if we go oline I'd be ok with Ford

Ford seems like the forgotten man in the draft

(03-27-2019, 08:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ford seems like the forgotten man in the draft

IMO, he's the best O-Lineman in this draft, far and away. I believe he could be an All-Pro OG. I hope he keeps falling though. Just imagine if we were able to draft Hockenson in the first round and Ford at the top end of the 2nd? That would be perfection!

(03-27-2019, 08:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 08:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ford seems like the forgotten man in the draft

IMO, he's the best O-Lineman in this draft, far and away. I believe he could be an All-Pro OG. I hope he keeps falling though. Just imagine if we were able to draft Hockenson in the first round and Ford at the top end of the 2nd? That would be perfection!

That would be a dream first 2 rounds

Ford being available in the 2nd is one of those 'eat my shoe' scenarios. Just can't possibly see it happening.

(03-27-2019, 09:50 PM)Upper Wrote: Ford being available in the 2nd is one of those 'eat my shoe' scenarios. Just can't possibly see it happening.

I can't either, but it's nice to dream.

If we go with OT in the first round, I would prefer us taking Jonah Williams over Taylor. I hope the Jags dont "limit" themselves to drafting ppl out of Florida again, its useless. Williams is the most technically sound Tackle in the Draft and could still be utilized at OG if there is a need. I think he will be the best of the bunch.

(03-27-2019, 10:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 09:50 PM)Upper Wrote: Ford being available in the 2nd is one of those 'eat my shoe' scenarios. Just can't possibly see it happening.

I can't either, but it's nice to dream.

What if hes sitting there late in the 1st.  Would you trade up?  Give up our late 3rd and 6th to move up to late in the 1st

(03-28-2019, 09:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 10:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I can't either, but it's nice to dream.

What if hes sitting there late in the 1st.  Would you trade up?  Give up our late 3rd and 6th to move up to late in the 1st

For Ford...Yes.

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2019, 09:28 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-28-2019, 06:38 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: If we go with OT in the first round, I would prefer us taking Jonah Williams over Taylor. I hope the Jags dont "limit" themselves to drafting ppl out of Florida again, its useless. Williams is the most technically sound Tackle in the Draft and could still be utilized at OG if there is a need. I think he will be the best of the bunch.

I honestly feel like William's could be the surprise pick.  Was the best tackle in college and can play any position on the oline

Anyone that's wants to fix the oline I dont see how you could hate a William's pick if we do go oline in the first

(03-28-2019, 09:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 06:38 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: If we go with OT in the first round, I would prefer us taking Jonah Williams over Taylor. I hope the Jags dont "limit" themselves to drafting ppl out of Florida again, its useless. Williams is the most technically sound Tackle in the Draft and could still be utilized at OG if there is a need. I think he will be the best of the bunch.

I honestly feel like William's could be the surprise pick.  Was the best tackle in college and can play any position on the oline

Anyone that's wants to fix the oline I dont see how you could hate a William's pick if we do go oline in the first

To me it is just the fact of "do I think Williams will be as special/elite as some other players at their positions"...which is why I've kind of shifted away from OL in the 1st.

I think Taylor/Williams will be solid OL but I also feel like Lindstrom/Risner/McGary/Dillard could be just as solid and 1 will most likely be there in the 2nd.

(03-28-2019, 09:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 10:10 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I can't either, but it's nice to dream.

I think Ford's absolute floor is the Texans. Which would suck.

(03-24-2019, 10:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 09:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Lageman shares your views on Taylor.  He specifically stated he had a problem with Taylor's kickslides, but did not say whether or not that was a coachable flaw or not.

He also felt you shouldn't take a RT in the top ten, but that Dillard has the quick feet needed to play LT effectively.  Boselli didn't like Taylor, either.

Lageman would not hesitate to draft Dillard in the top ten and move Cam to RT.

The analysis was from the most recent "Happy Hour" broadcast from this past Thursday.  I will post it when the team posts it to their website.

Didn’t Lags also say that he didn’t think Cam would adjust well to the right side? 
(I think I remember that correctly but I’m not certain)

I'm not sure what Lags said, but this is certainly a concern of mine with such a move. Cam has always played LT. Moreover, I don't understand this urge to move him because he's done a fine job at LT and should only improve. I can see him becoming a staple there for many more years. We just need to find that ideal RT to compliment him on the other side. 
'02

(03-28-2019, 11:09 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 09:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What if hes sitting there late in the 1st.  Would you trade up?  Give up our late 3rd and 6th to move up to late in the 1st

I think Ford's absolute floor is the Texans. Which would suck.

I dont think Fords a good fit for the Texans.  I think the would much rather an athletic OT like Dillard with the way Watson plays

Ford and Dillard should both be off the board by then. The Texans getting either one would be awful news.