Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jawaan Taylor

It's just funny/sad how almost every draftnik is like he's good but not #7 good, and he has work ethic issues, and he has had major weight issues, and he has medical red flags, and his best asset is not as valued in today's NFL...but the Jags!...they have an ancient backwards FO that plays ancient backwards football that will value him. Let's just dump him off to the Jags in our mocks and then we can move on to the fun picks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-20-2019, 05:40 PM)Upper Wrote: It's just funny/sad how almost every draftnik is like he's good but not #7 good, and he has work ethic issues, and he has had major weight issues, and he has medical red flags, and his best asset is not as valued in today's NFL...but the Jags!...they have an ancient backwards FO that plays ancient backwards football that will value him. Let's just dump him off to the Jags in our mocks and then we can move on to the fun picks.

Rarely do I agree with you so strongly.  Even internet draftik take the this approach, which is so very weird to me.

(04-20-2019, 05:40 PM)Upper Wrote: It's just funny/sad how almost every draftnik is like he's good but not #7 good, and he has work ethic issues, and he has had major weight issues, and he has medical red flags, and his best asset is not as valued in today's NFL...but the Jags!...they have an ancient backwards FO that plays ancient backwards football that will value him. Let's just dump him off to the Jags in our mocks and then we can move on to the fun picks.

That's because everybody knows old [BLEEP] Coughlin is out of touch and out dated. Taylor hasn't been mocked to anybody but us in the top 10.. It's looking like the Fournette pick all over again, yet less talented and an even bigger mistake.. And that's saying a lot.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 02:09 AM by JackCity.)

(04-21-2019, 12:46 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

That's because everybody knows old [BLEEP] Coughlin is out of touch and out dated. Taylor hasn't been mocked to anybody but us in the top 10.. It's looking like the Fournette pick all over again, yet less talented and an even bigger mistake.. And that's saying a lot.

Not even close to being as bad as Fournette. Taylor is at least at a valuable position.

Thats before you add in the players we passed on for Fournette too, namely QBs we badly needed

(04-21-2019, 02:08 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 12:46 AM)Eric1 Wrote: That's because everybody knows old [BLEEP] Coughlin is out of touch and out dated. Taylor hasn't been mocked to anybody but us in the top 10.. It's looking like the Fournette pick all over again, yet less talented and an even bigger mistake.. And that's saying a lot.

Not even close to being as bad as Fournette. Taylor is at least at a valuable position.  

Thats before you add in the players we passed on for Fournette too, namely QBs we badly needed

Until we look back in 2+ years on this possible Taylor pick and realize/remember all of the other players we passed up.. Just like we did/are with the Fournette pick..

Fournette isn't even a top 5 RB in his own draft class and I won't be surprised if Taylor follows that same path at OT.

If this team wants to take an OT at #7. Take Dillard, move Robinson to RT and lets go from there.

Taylor has DJ Fluker written all over him imo. Decent player, but way over drafted and wont ever live up to the hype.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 03:23 AM by JackCity.)

(04-21-2019, 02:40 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 02:08 AM)JackCity Wrote: Not even close to being as bad as Fournette. Taylor is at least at a valuable position.  

Until we look back in 2+ years on this possible Taylor pick and realize/remember all of the other players we passed up.. Just like we did/are with the Fournette pick..

Fournette isn't even a top 5 RB in his own draft class and I won't be surprised if Taylor follows that same path at OT.

If this team wants to take an OT at #7. Take Dillard, move Robinson to RT and lets go from there.

Taylor has DJ Fluker written all over him imo. Decent player, but way over drafted and wont ever live up to the hype.

Ok all of that can be true and it still doesn't make taking a right tackle at #7 worse than taking an injury prone power back at #4.  

Fournette was taken at #4 overall in arguably the deepest RB draft in NFL history when we desperately needed a QB and yeah he's not even a top 10 RB in his own class. There's no real debate to be had over which was/is a bigger mistake

(03-28-2019, 06:38 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: If we go with OT in the first round, I would prefer us taking Jonah Williams over Taylor. I hope the Jags dont "limit" themselves to drafting ppl out of Florida again, its useless. Williams is the most technically sound Tackle in the Draft and could still be utilized at OG if there is a need. I think he will be the best of the bunch.

Agree

Yeah, Taylor would be a bad pick, but not as bad of a pick as Fournette.

It would be an extension of the recent trend of using an elite pick to try to salvage a previous elite pick that is going sideways though.

Bortles was looking like bust land after 2016 so they made a bad pick in Fournette to try to take everything off Bortles' plate and save face.

Now Fournette is trending toward bust land too, and they are very possibly going to make another bad pick to try to salvage Fournette and again attempt to save face instead of making the right pick.

Lol, lot of truth in this and...it allows them to go to commercial as we make our pick.

Eric1's comment that he has DJ Fluker written all over him is haunting.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-21-2019, 07:37 AM)Upper Wrote: Yeah, Taylor would be a bad pick, but not as bad of a pick as Fournette.

It would be an extension of the recent trend of using an elite pick to try to salvage a previous elite pick that is going sideways though.

Bortles was looking like bust land after 2016 so they made a bad pick in Fournette to try to take everything off Bortles' plate and save face.

Now Fournette is trending toward bust land too, and they are very possibly going to make another bad pick to try to salvage Fournette and again attempt to save face instead of making the right pick.

I think that's a reach

(04-22-2019, 12:35 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think that's a reach

If Taylor is the pick, I think that will be exactly the mindset they had that led to the picking of a road grading run blocker RT despite all of the red flags.

(04-22-2019, 02:10 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 12:35 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think that's a reach

If Taylor is the pick, I think that will be exactly the mindset they had that led to the picking of a road grading run blocker RT despite all of the red flags.

I don't think the thought process they have is "Fournette hasn't lived up to expectations  so we need a RT to fix him" , more so having a good right tackle (and line overall) will have a huge impact on the rest of the offense, including hopefully keeping a very immobile QB on his spots Vs being chased around the place.

(04-22-2019, 03:06 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 02:10 PM)Upper Wrote: If Taylor is the pick, I think that will be exactly the mindset they had that led to the picking of a road grading run blocker RT despite all of the red flags.

I don't think the thought process they have is "Fournette hasn't lived up to expectations  so we need a RT to fix him" , more so having a good right tackle (and line overall) will have a huge impact on the rest of the offense, including hopefully keeping a very immobile QB on his spots Vs being chased around the place.

I think it's specifically take the best run blocking one.

(04-22-2019, 06:04 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 03:06 PM)JackCity Wrote: I don't think the thought process they have is "Fournette hasn't lived up to expectations  so we need a RT to fix him" , more so having a good right tackle (and line overall) will have a huge impact on the rest of the offense, including hopefully keeping a very immobile QB on his spots Vs being chased around the place.

I think it's specifically take the best run blocking one.

They aren't taking a tackle at 7 who they think won't also be a very good pass blocker in the NFL. As backwards as the Bortles and Fournette plan was there is way more that goes into a tackle pick like Taylor than just hoping he makes your injury prone RB run better.

Tony Pauline says that they really like Jonah Williams and that Taylor has knee and back issues.

Should be an easy pick if that's the position they go...

(04-24-2019, 11:00 AM)JackCity Wrote: Tony Pauline says that they really like Jonah Williams and that Taylor has knee and back issues.  

Thank god.

Still don't think Jonah would be the best pick we could make, but it's welcome news for me.

(04-24-2019, 11:04 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 11:00 AM)JackCity Wrote: Tony Pauline says that they really like Jonah Williams and that Taylor has knee and back issues.  

Thank god.
Knowing our luck, this is just a smoke screen and they are taking Taylor, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 06:58 PM by JackCity.)

Just looking at prop bets here. The bookies say Taylor is the heavy favourite to the first lineman off the board but also he's only the 5th most likely player to be selected by the Giants, with Haskins, Jones, Sweat , Oliver ahead of him.

So although they don't show our prop bets, you can probably assume Taylor is still the favourite for us