Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft Hot Takes

The thread to make your bold predictions about the draft. A steaming pile of Hot Takes right here....

1. This draft will produce a record number of probowl WRs, many of which will be drafted on day 3.
2. Hakeem Butler will be the second WR taken, and go on to be a huge bust.
3. This offseason will be remembered forever as the moment that the NFL permanently shifted from an obsession with big and strong, to an obsession with fast and skillful. Murray will be the poster boy of this change. In ten years time, QBs under 6ft will be completely normal.

I stand by my right to completely deny any of these steaming hot takes at any point in the future, as I see fit.

What ya got?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1.) Dawson Knox will end up being the best TE of the class.

2.) Greg Little goes in the 1st round.

3.) Jeffrey Simmons goes in the 1st round.

4.) No RB drafted til 3rd round.

(03-29-2019, 12:39 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: 1.) Dawson Knox will end up being the best TE of the class.

3.) Jeffrey Simmons goes in the 1st round.

4.) No RB drafted til 3rd round.

That last one is bold dude! I think Jacobs will surely go in the first 2 rounds, but after that I agree with you...

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 05:08 PM by The Real Marty.)

Okay, here's my draft hot take.  

The most impactful player in this draft will be Ed Oliver.  He might be only 285 or so, but he is so quick and athletic, he will play multiple positions and terrorize opposing offenses.

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 05:16 PM by Upper.)

I don't think that's very hot at all. Oliver is a freakshow who was horribly misused at 0 tech most of the time at UH. PFF showed just he was as dominant as any other top defensive player we've ever seen when he was lined up outside of nose tackle.

Nick Allegretti is a lock to be the day 3 lineman that plays well as a rookie and everybody asks how nobody else thought to draft him

(03-29-2019, 12:39 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: 1.) Dawson Knox will end up being the best TE of the class.

Based upon what I've heard about the Ole Miss offense, Knox will need a lot of quality coaching in route running and reading defenses on the fly to reach his potential.  But if his 40 time today is legit, his potential is very high.

Little seems to be polarizing.  Seemingly, not a lot of message board posters are huge fans of his...and the same with many of the mock drafters.

But at least one guy-NFLN Brian Baldinger-seems to think he will be a star LT.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 07:14 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Patriots would be the perfect spot for Little but Wynn will be healthy and they wouldnt of taken him that high if they didnt expect him to play LT

(This post was last modified: 03-29-2019, 08:18 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Ben Banogu is the guy on defense nobody talks about that will make a difference his rookie year

Jags trade back in the first, Haskins is the 3rd QB taken

Isabella goes before the 3rd

Grier goes before the 3rd

(03-29-2019, 07:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

Based upon what I've heard about the Ole Miss offense, Knox will need a lot of quality coaching in route running and reading defenses on the fly to reach his potential.  But if his 40 time today is legit, his potential is very high.

Little seems to be polarizing.  Seemingly, not a lot of message board posters are huge fans of his...and the same with many of the mock drafters.

But at least one guy-NFLN Brian Baldinger-seems to think he will be a star LT.

I really don't think Knox has issues with route running/reading defenses the issue was the OC scheme didnt highlight the TE and once the right side of line went down he was asked to be a 3rd OT on most plays.

Taamu also got banged up/shell shocked and he would lock on to only AJ Brown.

Oliver will be gone before we pick

(03-29-2019, 06:32 PM)JackCity Wrote: Nick Allegretti is a lock to be the day 3 lineman that plays well as a rookie and everybody asks how nobody else thought to draft him

I need to do some research on this guy, keep seeing his name pop up on here.

(03-30-2019, 09:09 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(03-29-2019, 06:32 PM)JackCity Wrote: Nick Allegretti is a lock to be the day 3 lineman that plays well as a rookie and everybody asks how nobody else thought to draft him

I need to do some research on this guy, keep seeing his name pop up on here.

He is definitely an option I'd take in the 4th if we go some order of TE/RT/WR/S/DL in the 1st thru 3rd.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/5-b...-nfl-draft

(04-02-2019, 12:01 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/5-b...-nfl-draft

Tytus Howard in the 1st is a Bold one...

(04-02-2019, 12:01 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/5-b...-nfl-draft

I guess we should all leave it to the experts, they are some remarkably accurate bold predictions!

(04-02-2019, 10:50 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:

Tytus Howard in the 1st is a Bold one...

(04-27-2019, 08:47 AM)JagJohn Wrote:

I guess we should all leave it to the experts, they are some remarkably accurate bold predictions!
They got that one right!

Thank Goodness for Philly.  Because of them, the Texans reached for Howard AND Scharping.

(04-27-2019, 11:07 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 10:50 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Tytus Howard in the 1st is a Bold one...

(04-27-2019, 08:47 AM)JagJohn Wrote: I guess we should all leave it to the experts, they are some remarkably accurate bold predictions!
They got that one right!

Thank Goodness for Philly.  Because of them, the Texans reached for Howard AND Scharping.

Yea I still feel the Tytus Howard pick was a huge reach due to Philly as well.

(04-28-2019, 09:11 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 11:07 AM)Bullseye Wrote: They got that one right!

Yea I still feel the Tytus Howard pick was a huge reach due to Philly as well.
I watched ESPN’s highlights when he was drafted, and they showed a guy who wasn’t dominating. He’s not the mauler his frame would suggest.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt