Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Duke Johnson

Ogbah didnt report to camp for the Browns because he wanted to be traded. Then he got his wish a few hours ago.  Duke also didnt show up for camp becuase he wanted to be traded. He would be a perfect replacement for Yeldon and a upgrade imo, a great receiving back as well.  His contract isnt to crazy, I wonder if we make an offer?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Conditional 7th rounder. Don’t want to get fleeced by the Brownies over another RB.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Just draft a RB with a similar skill set it’s not like Duke Johnson is some stud RB...
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

We don't have a ton of late-round picks left to trade for him. Maybe we can send Kessler back. Tongue

He should have been the RB we originally traded for instead of Hyde  Wallbash

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 12:50 AM by Captain_Caldwell.)

(04-01-2019, 08:59 PM)jaglawyer Wrote: Just draft a RB with a similar skill set it’s not like Duke Johnson is some stud RB...

He actually is a stud at what he does. Amazing receiver out of the backfield. You might be able to find someone with similar skill set for the role. But duke is proven and experienced. Averaging between 4 and over 5 yards per carry last few years and had almost 80 receptions in one season on a struggling Cleveland team. We may have not even seen his ceiling. Yeldon was consistent in this offense but duke can do a lot more and is more explosive. Duke could be a nightmare with foles.

(04-01-2019, 08:59 PM)jaglawyer Wrote: Just draft a RB with a similar skill set it’s not like Duke Johnson is some stud RB...

He actually is a stud at what he does. Amazing receiver out of the backfield. You might be able to find someone with similar skill set for the role. But duke is proven and experienced. Averaging between 4 and over 5 yards per carry last few years and had almost 80 receptions in one season on a struggling Cleveland team. We may have not even seen his ceiling. Yeldon was consistent in this offense but duke can do a lot more and is more explosive. Duke could be a nightmare with foles.

A shame we wasted a 5th round pick on Hyde and not this guy...

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...4074377217

(04-02-2019, 02:46 AM)Eric1 Wrote: A shame we wasted a 5th round pick on Hyde and not this guy...

Didn't know Duke Johnson was available for a 5th...

(04-02-2019, 02:46 AM)Eric1 Wrote: A shame we wasted a 5th round pick on Hyde and not this guy...

The Browns probably wanted a lot more for him. Hyde was a spare part the second Chubb was ready to go. Johnson didn't really have a like replacement on the roster.

TMD says Duke is a good name for a RB.

I agree 91% with him.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 05:41 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ke-johnson

Id give our 6th

Clear, concise, to the point.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We're the Browns' dumping ground for washed up backs

(04-02-2019, 05:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ke-johnson

Id give our 6th

It's going to take more than that.