Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Message From Shad Khan

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2019, 05:10 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Unfortunately, Shad Khan's Fulham FC team was relegated into a lower League for the upcoming year (starting in Aug 2019).  With 5 matches remaining this season (ending May 2019) their results in the Premier League this year are as follows:

19th Place of 20 teams
4 Wins
25 Losses
5 Draws (ties)
-46 Point Differential (outscored by 46 goals)
currently on a 9 game losing streak

Tony Khan is the Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/april/...e-chairman

[Image: rexfeatures_9991373dr622.jpg?w=622&h=278]

A Message From The Chairman
Wednesday 3 April 2019 09:00

Our results over the past three months were as troubling for me and everyone associated with our Club as I know they were for you. Last night’s outcome made official what we didn’t think would be possible in August and tried desperately to remedy and avoid as the season wore on. For me, that makes today the most difficult day of all.

I am sorry that we let you down. Our goal this season was to build on what we achieved in promotion and deliver on our pledge to invest heavily in the squad, ensuring that Fulham would always compete in the Premier League and, no matter the result, never disappoint.
That didn’t occur and, for that, we hold ourselves accountable. We will reflect, plan thoroughly and respond accordingly.

In the weeks ahead we will communicate further as to our vision for the future, which includes the latest progress on the Riverside Stand project that will underline my investment in your beloved Club. I recognise that may not be of consolation today, but I offer it nonetheless to assure you of my total commitment to Fulham Football Club.

Thank you for your faith, endurance and support.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Analytics FTW!!!
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Hopefully Tony realises his rep is ruined with the fans and takes a step back

Exactly. You can have all the great intentions in the World but if you don't hire knowledgeable people to run the organization, then you're just wasting your money.

What went wrong?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-04-2019, 02:23 PM)Dimson Wrote: What went wrong?

Mostly Tony Khan and his money ball analytics method.

They Spent a fair amount of money in players and still ending up one of the worst teams in the league with a historically terrible defense. 

Also in an attempt to salvage this season they fired a pretty good manager midway through the year for a guy that uses a scheme that doesn't match his players at all. 

Their ticket prices are also relatively high from my understanding and the product they are giving their fans is a joke(that is putting it lightly).

(04-04-2019, 04:06 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 02:23 PM)Dimson Wrote: What went wrong?

Mostly Tony Khan and his money ball analytics method.

They Spent a fair amount of money in players and still ending up one of the worst teams in the league with a historically terrible defense. 

Also in an attempt to salvage this season they fired a pretty good manager midway through the year for a guy that uses a scheme that doesn't match his players at all. 

Their ticket prices are also relatively high from my understanding and the product they are giving their fans is a joke(that is putting it lightly).

The defense is more coaching than it is players. They'd have stayed up if they hired Big Sam to be coach for instance.

(04-05-2019, 04:06 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 04:06 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: Mostly Tony Khan and his money ball analytics method.

The defense is more coaching than it is players. They'd have stayed up if they hired Big Sam to be coach for instance.
They lost a game with their defense scoring two own-goals and the other team, iirc, didn't even have a shot on target. I understand the scheme aspect but that is incredible to see in the priemier league level. 

They could have made moves for solid cb like Gary Cahill but instead opted to go with wingers like schurrle( who is good but not necessarily needed as much as Fullbacks)

(04-05-2019, 05:42 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 04:06 PM)JackCity Wrote: The defense is more coaching than it is players. They'd have stayed up if they hired Big Sam to be coach for instance.
They lost a game with their defense scoring two own-goals and the other team, iirc, didn't even have a shot on target. I understand the scheme aspect but that is incredible to see in the priemier league level. 

They could have made moves for solid cb like Gary Cahill but instead opted to go with wingers like schurrle( who is good but not necessarily needed as much as Fullbacks)

Yeah their defense was miserable all year. They bought one of the most promising young English defenders in Alfie Mawson but some injury woes and bad form have kept him out.  They also let their starting right back from last season go on a free. 

Just poor management and poor coaching. They could have done a lot more in January to make one more push but they kind of just had accepted their fate.

(04-05-2019, 05:42 PM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 04:06 PM)JackCity Wrote: The defense is more coaching than it is players. They'd have stayed up if they hired Big Sam to be coach for instance.

Yep, that pretty much summarizes the season.  Fulham was able to put 3 balls in goal and lost 2-1  --- it's so sad that you can't do anything but kind of laugh about it now.