Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
JDR on Russell Wilson

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...son-trade/

Now I think it would be a mistake to trade Wilson.

But if the Giants wound up with him, they would be immediate contenders.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

JDR doesn't get the respect he deserves as a coach. He should still be the Jaguars coach IMO. I agree with him on Wilson being possibly traded, I think Carol is the master mechanic of the Seahawks, and Russel is a very good tool, but not such a great tool that he can't be replaced.

This is so weird to me...

Wilson is one of the best deep ball throwers in the league right now. Still young enough that he has all that mobility to combat a bad OL.
I mean, if they are in full rebuild....I guess? But QBs are hard to come by... it would be a mistake to trade him and bet on one of the rookies they can get in this class.

(04-12-2019, 09:27 AM)Kane Wrote: This is so weird to me...

Wilson is one of the best deep ball throwers in the league right now. Still young enough that he has all that mobility to combat a bad OL.
I mean, if they are in full rebuild....I guess? But QBs are hard to come by... it would be a mistake to trade him and bet on one of the rookies they can get in this class.

Andy Benoit was talking about this in their podcast earlier this week. The argument for trading him is that Seattle's best seasons used offenses that were very run heavy rather than depending on Wilson's arm. He is definitely an elite deep passer, but he is also off schedule on a lot of plays.  If he refuses any contract less than $30 million/year, is that really worth it? With a rookie QB, that is probably 2-3 starters at other positions. It's definitely a valid question. Plus if you can trade him for 2 first round picks? I think they were looking at trading for Jacoby Brissett but they also thought about rookies too.

Benoit remains utterly clueless

Question: Knowing what you know now, would you still have signed Foles, or would you have rather attempted to deal for Russell Wilson?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-13-2019, 01:37 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Question: Knowing what you know now, would you still have signed Foles, or would you have rather attempted to deal for Russell Wilson?

Depends on what contract Wilson gets. I don't believe he will get to another Super Bowl if he is making $34+ million/year.

Might want to consider quitting your new day job JDR with crazy incorrect takes like this...
"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

(04-13-2019, 01:37 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Question: Knowing what you know now, would you still have signed Foles, or would you have rather attempted to deal for Russell Wilson?

Wilsons deal is ridiculous.

However, I think Wilson is a way better QB.
But Foles is probably a better "leader".

Foles' deal is essentially a two year deal, so I'm good with it.