Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
G.o.T. The final season.

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2019, 11:06 AM by JackCity.)

Good point about the hound, I think they nailed his storyline and character too. Loved how his last conversation with Arya was giving her a stern warning that the pursuit of revenge will eventually lead to your own demise.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: Screenshot-20190526-173937-01.jpg]

(05-27-2019, 08:07 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-20190526-173937-01.jpg]

Lol. That's funny.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2019, 08:13 AM by Caldrac.)

(05-26-2019, 10:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(05-14-2019, 12:36 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Bronn feels woefully out of place this season. What was the point of his encounter with Jaime and Tyrion in Winterfell with that crossbow? It would be fitting if he shoots Tyrion or Drogon during a trial to either spare Tyrion a long, drawn out execution by dragon fire or to create a distraction to save him. 

I personally feel Bronn would save Tyrion after all the [BLEEP] they've been through. Unless for some crazy [BLEEP] reason Cersei did NOT die when everything was falling down on them. Maybe Jaime shielded her? Too hard to tell. Just seems odd. Tormund honestly got shafted the most. As did Brienne. But it does fall back into what GRRM and D&D have said all along. It's a bittersweet ending for a ton of characters. Not just the main characters.

I didn't mind Sandor's exit. We all wanted Cleganebowl. It was an exciting finish to a life long struggle Sandor had to endure. Out of ALL the characters in this series. He was by far my favorite overall story arc and he developed perfectly over the years. I can live with him dying the way he did. 

Arya is an unsung hero. She's overshadowed but going back to season one she was essentially training her entire life for these very same moments we've seen her come through and execute perfectly. Sansa though. I think people forget about her. But Sansa probably has a lot to do with Daenerys' current situation. I think she honestly tipped off Cersei about her arrival and she's mostly responsible for the losses of Rhaegal and Missandei. 

Jon's decision will more than likely come down to choosing his new found name and potential title for love in Daenerys' name. Or... he protects the family that has ALWAYS protected him in Ned's honor. He'll kill Daenerys I think. And return back to Winterfell and take the black apart of the Night's Watch again. Truly a bittersweet end. As Jon once again loses another love of his life. And we all have to watch with a sinking feeling knowing damn well he deserved to be on the throne.

Deserved to be on the throne?  Maybe by blood, but he would have been a lousy king, because he just wasn't very clever.  

Brave warrior, yes.  Ruler?  No way.

I don't think you have to be entirely clever to be King in their world. He did what was right more times than not. He was just when justice demanded it. He brought 1,000's of people together after years and years of hatred and turmoil. He united everyone. He led by example. 

Tywin Lannister once said it best with Cersei and Tommen Lannister present during the burial or viewing of Joffrey Lannister. He was asking Tommen several questions as far as what makes a good King just that... Good. And the number one word that came up that Tywin was thrilled to hear from Tommen's mouth was "Listen". A good king LISTENS. 

If you give Jon Snow a council of Tyrion, Bronn, Samwell, Davos, Brienne & Bran? He would be just fine. Forget blood. This is the man that risked his life for everyone. For the good of the realm. He died for his beliefs. And the Lord of Light deemed he worthy enough to come back to finish his story. 

I don't think Jon would have been that lousy. He did the right thing by killing Daenerys. That's how clever he actually was in the end. He would have been Jon the Wise who knows things by the end of his reign. Probably as good as some of his ancestors. Maybe another Jaeherys Targaryen perhaps under his rule? 

But.. we can all speculate. It happens. It would not have been a bittersweet ending though had it ended any other way.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I have not watched a single episode and have not interest.  However, I did read a news story a short time ago that there is "therapy" available for some viewers.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 05-28-2019, 09:03 PM by Caldrac.)

The actor that plays as Jon Snow apparently checked into rehab a month ago for alcohol abuse and stress. Kit Harrington.

I think he just got married last year too though. So is it really alcoholism and stress? Or just marriage?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-28-2019, 09:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The actor that plays as Jon Snow apparently checked into rehab a month ago for alcohol abuse and stress. Kit Harrington.

I think he just got married last year too though. So is it really alcoholism and stress? Or just marriage?

He even married a cast mate from GOT. Reading the Kit Harrington story, I found it odd how engulfed he is in this show and character he played. 

My guess is it is likely more of an anxiety thing of where his next job will be coming from. Actors on HBO mega-hit series don't historically go on to great careers. I.e, see Entourage.

(05-29-2019, 10:40 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 09:02 PM)Caldrac Wrote: The actor that plays as Jon Snow apparently checked into rehab a month ago for alcohol abuse and stress. Kit Harrington.

He even married a cast mate from GOT. Reading the Kit Harrington story, I found it odd how engulfed he is in this show and character he played. 

My guess is it is likely more of an anxiety thing of where his next job will be coming from. Actors on HBO mega-hit series don't historically go on to great careers. I.e, see Entourage.
Agreed. The few movies he starred in during G.o.T also seemed pretty familar. He's probably freaking out about being typecast into roles moving forward.

(05-28-2019, 07:24 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I have not watched a single episode and have not interest.  However, I did read a news story a short time ago that there is "therapy" available for some viewers.

Yeah, I was like that for years with The Sopranos. Then I watched it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-29-2019, 08:59 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(05-28-2019, 07:24 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I have not watched a single episode and have not interest.  However, I did read a news story a short time ago that there is "therapy" available for some viewers.

Yeah, I was like that for years with The Sopranos. Then I watched it.

The Sopranos is in a virtual tie with Breaking Bad at the top of my list of favorite series.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(05-29-2019, 10:17 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 08:59 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Yeah, I was like that for years with The Sopranos. Then I watched it.

The Sopranos is in a virtual tie with Breaking Bad at the top of my list of favorite series.

Have you tried Better Call Saul? I'd argue it may be better than BB.

(05-29-2019, 11:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 10:17 PM)rollerjag Wrote: The Sopranos is in a virtual tie with Breaking Bad at the top of my list of favorite series.

Not even in the same Galaxy. 

1a) Breaking Bad
1b) The Wire

Better call saul was perfection for what a spin off type show should be, but yeah can't hold a candle to BB

(05-30-2019, 02:57 AM)JackCity Wrote: Better call saul was perfection for what a spin off type show should be, but yeah can't hold a candle to BB

Another one they need to come on with...Mike's gonna look 30 years older
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(05-30-2019, 01:40 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 11:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Have you tried Better Call Saul? I'd argue it may be better than BB.

Not even in the same Galaxy. 

1a) Breaking Bad
1b) The Wire

I really wanted to like The Wire. I gave up somewhere early in season 2.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-29-2019, 11:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(05-29-2019, 10:17 PM)rollerjag Wrote: The Sopranos is in a virtual tie with Breaking Bad at the top of my list of favorite series.

I love Better Call Saul, but Breaking Bad was better, imho.
- Bob Marley

(05-30-2019, 08:12 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 01:40 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Not even in the same Galaxy. 

1a) Breaking Bad
1b) The Wire

I really wanted to like The Wire. I gave up somewhere early in season 2.

I had a similar reaction. My interest lagged early but I stuck it out. I'm glad I did.
- Bob Marley