Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
G.o.T. The final season.

Not that modern society norms are applied here, but Jon and Sansa are now free to hook up .
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-23-2019, 07:27 AM)copycat Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 04:39 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Lady Mormont takes no prisoners. That girl is no one to play with. Honeybadger don't give a [BLEEP].  Big Grin

I like Sansa basically telling Dany she's not giving up the North and bending the knee.

What really freaks me out here is that we truly don't know who lives and who dies and how this all shakes out in the end. There may not even be an Iron Throne when this is done. I know there has to be a battle of some sort against Cersei, but who will be fighting that battle no one knows. I'd love it if the Night King would do her in, give her the personal touch, but I don't see that happening. That witch needs to burn. 

I believe the rest of the episodes are about 90 minutes long each. Looking forward to them. Of course, Avengers: Endgame comes out next weekend too. Too many characters in both are going to die. I may be drinking heavily next weekend. Lol.

I saw a meme stating something to the affect that in 2019 GoT ends, Avengers ends and the Star Wars saga concludes, not a good year for my inner nerd.

Yep. Star Wars has been in my life since I saw it at the drive-in theater back in 1977 and I was five years old. Even though I loathe a lot of what was done in episode 8 (Princess Leia "flying" was absurd), I will absolutely go see the last one. It'll probably be emotional. Even if that Rian guy screws it up. 

Avengers & GoT both have a place in my personal timeline and I'm sad to see them go but I believe it's time for both. 

Sad times.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2019, 08:54 AM by Caldrac.)

Last episode is a farewell. I think major deaths happen tomorrow night. I could see Theon, Berric, Brienne, Podrick and Tormund all getting caught up protecting someone else and die as a result.

Would not be surprised if Ghost takes a hit protecting Jon as well. I could see Daenerys potentially getting nearly mortally wounded but Greyworm or Jorah will take her hit for her and save her.

Jorah wielding Heartsbane has some meaning to me. There's something to that. Him and Sam have kept trading with one another. We know Jorah loves Daenerys. Only fitting he wields a sword named Heartsbane.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-27-2019, 08:54 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Last episode is a farewell. I think major deaths happen tomorrow night. I could see Theon, Berric, Brienne, Podrick and Tormund all getting caught up protecting someone else and die as a result.

Would not be surprised if Ghost takes a hit protecting Jon as well. I could see Daenerys potentially getting nearly mortally wounded but Greyworm or Jorah will take her hit for her and save her.

Jorah wielding Heartsbane has some meaning to me. There's something to that. Him and Sam have kept trading with one another. We know Jorah loves Daenerys. Only fitting he wields a sword named Heartsbane.

I can see these happening. It always seems a characters death is preceeded by a lot of focus on them. While the episode focused on everyone to a degree to tie up loose ends, it seemed there was a lot on those you mentioned. 

The battle is modeled after the battle of Helm's Deep in the LOTR trilogy as was Podrick's solo scene. Totally got the same vibe. It's going to be brutal.

Yep. I am a proud man. But I expect to be fighting back tears tomorrow night. Hodor and Summer's scenes wrecked me.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-27-2019, 09:57 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Yep. I am a proud man. But I expect to be fighting back tears tomorrow night. Hodor and Summer's scenes wrecked me.

Yes! Those were harsh. Someone said they would lose it if they saw Hodor fighting with the white walkers. Others hope Arya's direwolf comes with her pack to fight. Not sure that will happen but it would be cool.

Recalling old episodes...

Dothraki prophecy in S1 E2 calls for "ghost grass" to cover everything.

Forgettable anecdote... or something that will factor into the final season?
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Here we go, my buddy told me a theory that Jamie is the savior in the end something about the books and a prophecy that isn't expanded on in the TV series. I can see it, they've been a long redemption role with him for a few seasons now. I'm not sure who but either Danny or Jon is dying this battle along with lots of other supporting roles. I think this episode is one big culling I can't wait!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Yooooo.... steal kill FTW! But what a freaky ending. Still more left though.

man what an episode, whew 3 more left!?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

How do they go from Night King to her though? Its 3 episodes. So it'll be prepare and recover - war - aftermath and conclusion.

Unless the Night King isn't finished. There's also another Red Lady who is probably more powerful than Melisandre was. Maybe there's two prophecies to fulfil?

I feel like Arya disguising herself as a walker to sneak up on NK would have been more "realistic" than becoming an Olympic long jump champion.

(04-28-2019, 11:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I feel like Arya disguising herself as a walker to sneak up on NK would have been more "realistic"  than becoming an Olympic long jump champion.

You are probably correct but that scene was awesome. I haven't cheered like that in a while. I think I might have woke my neighbors.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 12:53 AM by jaglyn.)

Felt like I just watched a really good football game

With 3 episodes left for this season, there’s no more room for the extra-complicated theories. The show writers are wrapping it up, its all about just the style/execution of it now

It was too long and way too dark most of the time. Not nearly the body count I expected for the main characters but what a finish! I was really expecting a fantastic battle mano a mano between Jon and the Night King but was not let down by finish.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-29-2019, 05:57 AM)copycat Wrote: It was too long and way too dark most of the time.  Not nearly the body count I expected for the main characters but what a finish!  I was really expecting a fantastic battle mano a mano between Jon and the Night King but was not let down by finish.

I thought my TV was starting to go out. The first quarter of the episode was hard to watch and see what was going on.

(04-29-2019, 07:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 05:57 AM)copycat Wrote: It was too long and way too dark most of the time.  Not nearly the body count I expected for the main characters but what a finish!  I was really expecting a fantastic battle mano a mano between Jon and the Night King but was not let down by finish.

I thought my TV was starting to go out. The first quarter of the episode was hard to watch and see what was going on.

Ditto. If ur going to spend that much money on effects, make sure we can see them.  

This will take a while to process...

(04-29-2019, 08:36 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 07:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I thought my TV was starting to go out. The first quarter of the episode was hard to watch and see what was going on.

Ditto. If ur going to spend that much money on effects, make sure we can see them.  

The odd part is someone had to edit it.  Who sitting in the editing room could have possibly thought "Hey this is great stuff!"?  

I thought the arc with Lyanna Morment was Arya at first it was so dark.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(04-29-2019, 09:19 AM)copycat Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 08:36 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Ditto. If ur going to spend that much money on effects, make sure we can see them.  

The odd part is someone had to edit it.  Who sitting in the editing room could have possibly thought "Hey this is great stuff!"?  

The director made the lighting realistic on purpose. I actually liked it that way, but I do watch it with no lights on so it's a little easier to see.

I loved the eerie effect of the flaming Dothraki charge into the darkness, slowly being extinguished.

And my range of thoughts in the 4 or so seconds of Arya's attack on the Night King: "Yes!" to "Oh, crap, looks like they are killing her off!" back to "Yes! Whew."

(04-29-2019, 07:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

(04-29-2019, 08:36 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 07:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I thought my TV was starting to go out. The first quarter of the episode was hard to watch and see what was going on.

(04-29-2019, 09:19 AM)copycat Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 08:36 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Ditto. If ur going to spend that much money on effects, make sure we can see them.  

Fog of war. Mayhem, confusion. They captured it perfectly, as usual.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]