Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
G.o.T. The final season.

(04-28-2019, 11:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I feel like Arya disguising herself as a walker to sneak up on NK would have been more "realistic"  than becoming an Olympic long jump champion.

I think there was a bit of both. Remember the quiet rush of air felt by the NK's general right before she lept. Dropping the dagger to her free hand was a sweet move.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2019, 04:30 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(04-29-2019, 01:32 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 07:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I thought my TV was starting to go out. The first quarter of the episode was hard to watch and see what was going on.

(04-29-2019, 08:36 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Ditto. If ur going to spend that much money on effects, make sure we can see them.  

This will take a while to process...

(04-29-2019, 09:19 AM)copycat Wrote: The odd part is someone had to edit it.  Who sitting in the editing room could have possibly thought "Hey this is great stuff!"?  

I thought the arc with Lyanna Morment was Arya at first it was so dark.

Fog of war. Mayhem,  confusion. They captured it perfectly, as usual.

I agree. I found it to be fantastically done. 

My only complaint, which feels weird to say, was that I feel like more big name characters should have died.

(04-29-2019, 05:57 AM)copycat Wrote: It was too long and way too dark most of the time.  Not nearly the body count I expected for the main characters but what a finish!  I was really expecting a fantastic battle mano a mano between Jon and the Night King but was not let down by finish.

I found the darkness to be notable as well, but was fine with how dark they shot it.

Night battle would be confusing with all the low visibility and certainly heightened the tension.

It also has the side effect of making the fire swords look cooler in scenes, and the fog also helped in masking Arya/making her big appearance that much bigger.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(04-29-2019, 01:32 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 07:35 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I thought my TV was starting to go out. The first quarter of the episode was hard to watch and see what was going on.

(04-29-2019, 08:36 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Ditto. If ur going to spend that much money on effects, make sure we can see them.  

This will take a while to process...

(04-29-2019, 09:19 AM)copycat Wrote: The odd part is someone had to edit it.  Who sitting in the editing room could have possibly thought "Hey this is great stuff!"?  

I thought the arc with Lyanna Morment was Arya at first it was so dark.

Fog of war. Mayhem,  confusion. They captured it perfectly, as usual.

I wouldn't have minded that concept had it been one arc from a personal perspective alla "Saving Private Ryan" beach landing.  Too many story lines and skipping around for that be as effective IMO.  Don't get me wrong I loved episode as a whole just thought they could have done a better job on the battle itself.  I mean they had 2 years to get it right.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Just finished it and all I can add right now (so much to process!) is #1, it didn't happen quite like I thought it would and #2, Arya is a [BLEEP]. Seriously would not want to piss her off. I love it. 

I did feel a bit overwhelmed by it all but I think I'm still recovering from watching Endgame last night and that is a lot to process as well.

Loved the episode. The only thing I will say I'm let down by nothing coming of the prince who was promised lore. Seems like everything came to fruition with the lord of the light and all that stuff, then why was jon resurrected to begin with if he wasnt going to be the prince who was promised and slay the night king? It now seems liek jon being resurrected was a fan service. Still very excited for the last 3 episodes.

I just rewatched it on a better TV. The hotel 720dpi did not do the episode justice. A lot of the fog I initially observed was just the quality of the TV. I take back my original post about The Long Night.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

What a shameful fall from grace. RIP GOT.

(04-30-2019, 02:42 PM)copycat Wrote: I just rewatched it on a better TV.  The hotel 720dpi did not do the episode justice.  A lot of the fog I initially observed was just the quality of the TV.  I take back my original post about The Long Night.

4k TV
Watched on HBO Go streamed at 1080p and it looked fantastic.
Watched on Uverse HBO replay 720p a few days later and it looked awful.

If youre a HBO subscriber through a cable provider, I would definitely load up HBO Go on your smart tv, roku, fire stick, etc

(05-02-2019, 06:42 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 02:42 PM)copycat Wrote: I just rewatched it on a better TV.  The hotel 720dpi did not do the episode justice.  A lot of the fog I initially observed was just the quality of the TV.  I take back my original post about The Long Night.

4k TV

If youre a HBO subscriber through a cable provider, I would definitely load up HBO Go on your smart tv, roku, fire stick, etc

Exactly!  You never know what you will get in a hotel.  I did the re-re-watch at the hotel and I just gave up.  I can't wait to get home tomorrow and watch it on my high def 70" with a great feed, the blinds drawn and the lights out.

(05-02-2019, 06:52 PM)copycat Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 06:42 PM)jagshype Wrote: 4k TV

Exactly!  You never know what you will get in a hotel.  I did the re-re-watch at the hotel and I just gave up.  I can't wait to get home tomorrow and watch it on my high def 70" with a great feed, the blinds drawn and the lights out.

Got home today.  Powerful episode!

I streamed it again on HBO Go, too, and there is a difference. Another thing I do in both 720p and 1080p is set the picture mode to Movie/Theater, which removes those blotchy light areas in dark scenes.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Oh man can’t wait for next week
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I didn't think the dark was that bad the first time. Watched it again today and it looked great on my Samsung 4k. I could see everything.

As for tonight's episode.... Anyone else notice Daenerys has green eyes?

Good episode. Hopefully Daenerys does the right thing. We'll see.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

feels kind of rushed there’s a lot to resolve in two more rpisodes
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Are we still pretending like this season has been good so far, or no?

(05-06-2019, 03:13 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I didn't think the dark was that bad the first time. Watched it again today and it looked great on my Samsung 4k. I could see everything.

As for tonight's episode.... Anyone else notice Daenerys has green eyes?
My man.

Oops.

(05-06-2019, 07:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are we still pretending like this season has been good so far, or no?

Its not the ending we deserve...

It's the ending we were given...  

The love for the charecters and strong acting is overshadowing criminal castration writing.  

There's no way the three eyed crow will be this useless in book form.  Same for samwell.