Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
G.o.T. The final season.

Don't forget that new Starbucks they just opened in Winterfell.
https://twitter.com/birinsan/status/1125...%3Dprn_msn
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-06-2019, 07:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are we still pretending like this season has been good so far, or no?

It's not bad at all. I'm thoroughly enjoying it, but it does feel rushed. I feel like the Night King and Battle of Winterfell could have been 3 or more episodes alone

(05-06-2019, 07:46 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Are we still pretending like this season has been good so far, or no?
I'll give you that. This season feels pretty damn rushed. Which is a let down since they made us all wait for two years for this season.

The writing is lazy. A lot of it feels predictable now which wasn't always the case. What made the show great to begin with was it's unpredictable nature.

Arya is going to have to kill Daenerys to spare King's Landing. Jaime is going to kill Cersei. The Hound is going to kill The Mountain. Jon will be the King the realm deserves since he truly does not have any power hunger motives driving him.

Tyrion will head back to Casterly Rock as the last surviving Lannister. Sansa will be the Queen of the North and work with Jon. Gendry will also work with Jon. Once the realm finds out Jon is Rhaegar's son he'll be exalted until the day he dies.

The bittersweet ending is Jon being charged to lead the 7 Kingdoms after everyone pretty much dies. Varys will be caught for treason though. He'll be burned for it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-06-2019, 09:07 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Oops.

Not the first time it happened.

[Image: 465bc6e9-295c-49ff-9ac8-381962657a6d.jpg]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(05-07-2019, 09:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
I'll give you that. This season feels pretty damn rushed. Which is a let down since they made us all wait for two years for this season.

The writing is lazy. A lot of it feels predictable now which wasn't always the case. What made the show great to begin with was it's unpredictable nature.

Arya is going to have to kill Daenerys to spare King's Landing. Jaime is going to kill Cersei. The Hound is going to kill The Mountain. Jon will be the King the realm deserves since he truly does not have any power hunger motives driving him.

Tyrion will head back to Casterly Rock as the last surviving Lannister. Sansa will be the Queen of the North and work with Jon. Gendry will also work with Jon. Once the realm finds out Jon is Rhaegar's son he'll be exalted until the day he dies.

The bittersweet ending is Jon being charged to lead the 7 Kingdoms after everyone pretty much dies. Varys will be caught for treason though. He'll be burned for it.

Some things seem poorly thought out, like Dany forgetting Cersei had spear launchers.
- Bob Marley

(05-07-2019, 02:41 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 09:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I'll give you that. This season feels pretty damn rushed. Which is a let down since they made us all wait for two years for this season.

Some things seem poorly thought out, like Dany forgetting Cersei had spear launchers.

I think she's starting to lose her grip. She obviously cares more for her place in the throne than the people she says she's there to protect. What was once a destiny for her is now becoming an obsession. I've not always agreed on her methods but believed her motives were good (sane.) Now I think she's just losing it. 

People were all like- how did she not see Euron's ships? She wasn't paying attention! That and lazy writung. She believes she's unstoppable. Or like Thanos said- "I am inevitable." Which makes you do dumb things like forget about situational awareness and operational security.

Awful season so far. Just get it over with

(05-07-2019, 02:41 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 09:49 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I'll give you that. This season feels pretty damn rushed. Which is a let down since they made us all wait for two years for this season.

To be fair, they destroyed the only known Scorpion in the fight against the Lannisters. I think it's fair enough for them to assume they didn't have more, or if they did, that they didn't have like 100 of them.

Plot twist: Dany, Jon, Jamie and Cersei die. Tyrion is the king.

(05-07-2019, 07:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Plot twist: Dany, Jon, Jamie and Cersei die. Tyrion is the king.

I think the Night King comes back and they all die

(05-07-2019, 08:32 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 07:58 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Plot twist: Dany, Jon, Jamie and Cersei die. Tyrion is the king.

I think the Night King comes back and they all die

What happens if the Raven decides he wants to be the Night King?
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(05-07-2019, 05:11 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 02:41 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Some things seem poorly thought out, like Dany forgetting Cersei had spear launchers.

I think she's starting to lose her grip. She obviously cares more for her place in the throne than the people she says she's there to protect. What was once a destiny for her is now becoming an obsession. I've not always agreed on her methods but believed her motives were good (sane.) Now I think she's just losing it. 

People were all like- how did she not see Euron's ships? She wasn't paying attention! That and lazy writung. She believes she's unstoppable. Or like Thanos said- "I am inevitable." Which makes you do dumb things like forget about situational awareness and operational security.

As an aside, and please take this in the intended spirit from someone who respects the sanctity of marriage, but it's real sexy when you go all military and [BLEEP].
- Bob Marley

(05-07-2019, 11:08 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(05-07-2019, 05:11 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I think she's starting to lose her grip. She obviously cares more for her place in the throne than the people she says she's there to protect. What was once a destiny for her is now becoming an obsession. I've not always agreed on her methods but believed her motives were good (sane.) Now I think she's just losing it. 

As an aside, and please take this in the intended spirit from someone who respects the sanctity of marriage, but it's real sexy when you go all military and [BLEEP].

Lol. No worries. I almost included acronyms. I guess that would have sent you over the edge.  Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2019, 04:14 PM by Caldrac.)

What if the Golden Company turns on Cersei? Good chance Varys explains Jon's heritage to Strickland and he instantly restores faith in the Targaryen name.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(05-08-2019, 04:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: What if the Golden Company turns on Cersei? Good chance Varys explains Jon'a heritage to Strickland and he instantly restores faith in the Targaryen name.

Is there a connection with Strickland/Golden Company in the show though?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(05-08-2019, 04:13 PM)copycat Wrote:
(05-08-2019, 04:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: What if the Golden Company turns on Cersei? Good chance Varys explains Jon'a heritage to Strickland and he instantly restores faith in the Targaryen name.

Is there a connection with Strickland/Golden Company in the show though?
Not sure. But in the books he's a fan I believe. Also we haven't seen Daario in awhile. He could possibly be among them to help Daenerys. It'll be interesting. I just feel Cersei is overdue for a huge fall.

(05-07-2019, 02:41 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Some things seem poorly thought out, like Dany forgetting Cersei had spear launchers.

Since the show left the source material behind, there has been a noticeable drop in quality in the writing overall. Production values are still top notch but while Benioff and Weiss have been masterful adapting George R.R. Martin's books, they've not done a great job coming up with their own material mostly just trying to continue/wrap up the plot points already established.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(05-09-2019, 06:50 AM)hb1148 Wrote:

Since the show left the source material behind, there has been a noticeable drop in quality in the writing overall. Production values are still top notch but while Benioff and Weiss have been masterful adapting George R.R. Martin's books, they've not done a great job coming up with their own material mostly just trying to continue/wrap up the plot points already established.

That's not too surprising though. You go from this ridiculously detailed, years long effort by the original mind behind everything to trying to force out content in a time crunch. 

I feel like this entire season would be almost twice as long with the same quality source material as the beginning.

Couple notes after reading the last couple pages.

I always wonder why people so discontent with a show continue to watch it. As if it holds some sort of power over you. If it's that bad, you wouldn't really watch would you?
Then again... I know how message boards can be... full of piss and vinegar lol

That being said, yeah the writing seems a bit "fill in the blanks". One scene has Euron on the water and the very next he's back in Kings Landing... yeah I guess that seems a bit rushed. Last season (2 years ago) seemed a bit rushed too. That happens when TV catches up to the books. (Hell it happens in TV and movies made from books period.)

I love the show. It's about the characters and their development to me... not about who wins or why Dany didn't turn around and burn everyone when they killed her dragon. (Or why a moving target couldn't move out of the way of 3 scorpion shots)

If you want to dissect a fantasy novel TV show to decide why it isn't realistic and it isn't enjoyable to watch, do yourself a favor and stop watching.

Personally I think it's great and everyone seems to think they know what is going to happen but I don't think it is so cut and dry.
Not so sure the Night King is gone ( I like pirk's suggestion about the Raven/NK connection)
Some assume Jon will be sitting on the throne... but why Jon?
Maybe Cersei wins once all Jon, Dany, Sansa, and Arya start fighting about it.

With only 2 episodes left I'm certainly still enjoying the show even if the writing is "lacking" and the shortened seasons seem rushed.