Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Searcy Speaks

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2019/04...lin-story/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Add Searcy to the growing list of move Cam to the right side of the line crowd! Take Dillard at 7 and thrive.

(04-14-2019, 10:27 PM)Upper Wrote: Add Searcy to the growing list of move Cam to the right side of the line crowd! Take Dillard at 7 and thrive.

Let me say that I am unsure how switching Cam from LT to RT will solve the problem with his technique.  If anything, I am inclined to believe that could exacerbate any technique issues because now his techniques will have to be reversed to accommodate the switch.

However, a Dillard selection would be in line with the secrecy this franchise tends to operate with.  Few seem to have a handle on what the Jaguars are going to do on draft day.

In 2001, most wanted/thought Kenyatta Walker, the RT from UF, would be the pick.  Turns out, the team picked Stroud.

In 2005, NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY predicted Matt Jones to be the first round pick.

In 2010, NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY predicted Tyson Alualu would be the 10th overall pick.

The team surprised most with Blake Bortles in 2014, and Taven Bryan came as a surprise last year.

moving Cam to RT will almost certainly exacerbate his technique and balance issues

(04-14-2019, 10:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 10:27 PM)Upper Wrote: Add Searcy to the growing list of move Cam to the right side of the line crowd! Take Dillard at 7 and thrive.

Let me say that I am unsure how switching Cam from LT to RT will solve the problem with his technique.  If anything, I am inclined to believe that could exacerbate any technique issues because now his techniques will have to be reversed to accommodate the switch.

However, a Dillard selection would be in line with the secrecy this franchise tends to operate with.  Few seem to have a handle on what the Jaguars are going to do on draft day.

In 2001, most wanted/thought Kenyatta Walker, the RT from UF, would be the pick.  Turns out, the team picked Stroud.

In 2005, NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY predicted Matt Jones to be the first round pick.

In 2010, NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY predicted Tyson Alualu would be the 10th overall pick.

The team surprised most with Blake Bortles in 2014, and Taven Bryan came as a surprise last year.

75% awful with one TBD. Let's hope they stray from history this year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-14-2019, 11:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 10:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Let me say that I am unsure how switching Cam from LT to RT will solve the problem with his technique.  If anything, I am inclined to believe that could exacerbate any technique issues because now his techniques will have to be reversed to accommodate the switch.

75% awful with one TBD. Let's hope they stray from history this year.
The 2001 example is the only one here that has any real relevance.  (Coughlin commonality) 

'05 and '10 were totally different front offices  -- I don't think former f.o. decisions should be considered indicative at all. 

2014 involved Caldwell, but we just signed Foles... so that Bortles pick is likely of no use as an indicator. 

regarding Cam Robinson and OT at #7:

I have no idea how Robinson projects as a RT - but I know Boselli had serious doubts about the switch and that makes me at least consider that it wouldn't be seamless. 

Nonetheless --  if taking the best tackle on the board is the play, I'll have to assume they think one of them will make the switch effectively and that is certainly not unheard of.

Searcy wants credit for going into Coughlin’s office and giving him a speech, which causes them to make the playoffs in 1996. Searcy admitted to making Tom mad on purpose.

Searcy says he nicknamed JSmooth, but never answered Tom’s question about staying out past midnight in the clubs when they were 3-6.

I give credit to Tom for leaving the note.

This seems like the kind of year where we get a surprise because there is no obvious player.

(04-15-2019, 08:05 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Searcy wants credit for going into Coughlin’s office and giving him a speech, which causes them to make the playoffs in 1996.  Searcy admitted to making Tom mad on purpose.

Searcy says he nicknamed JSmooth, but never answered Tom’s question about staying out past midnight in the clubs when they were 3-6.

Searcy likes to tell stories. 
I've heard some of Searcy's other "stories" on the radio.

I tend to take stories with a grain of salt when they come from a guy that speaks of himself in the third person frequently.

(04-14-2019, 11:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 11:28 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 75% awful with one TBD. Let's hope they stray from history this year.
The 2001 example is the only one here that has any real relevance.  (Coughlin commonality) 

'05 and '10 were totally different front offices  -- I don't think former f.o. decisions should be considered indicative at all. 

2014 involved Caldwell, but we just signed Foles... so that Bortles pick is likely of no use as an indicator. 

I have no idea how Robinson projects as a RT - but I know Boselli had serious doubts about the switch and that makes me at least consider that it wouldn't be seamless. 

Nonetheless --  if taking the best tackle on the board is the play, I'll have to assume they think one of them will make the switch effectively and that is certainly not unheard of.

Sometimes the Black Cloud of Doom is generational and sometimes a franchise is just cursed no matter who makes the calls.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-15-2019, 10:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 11:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The 2001 example is the only one here that has any real relevance.  (Coughlin commonality) 

Sometimes the Black Cloud of Doom is generational and sometimes a franchise is just cursed no matter who makes the calls.

I'm really hoping this is not one of those times.

In my defense, I have mainly said RG for Cam in the past...but the blowback so was great I tapered it down to "right side" this time. I do think he would merely be average at best at RT too, but LT would be greatly upgraded and that's more important.

Searcy spoke of this on local radio recently as well, and he makes a very good point about the injury. If Cam's left knee is any less than 100% physically or mentally, he could get abused at left tackle. If he isn't relying on that knee for outside leverage, it could be less of a liability on the right side.
To me, drafting a left tackle is an opportunity to improve both tackle positions with one pick.

(04-15-2019, 12:47 PM)scottyg Wrote: Searcy spoke of this on local radio recently as well, and he makes a very good point about the injury.  If Cam's left knee is any less than 100% physically or mentally, he could get abused at left tackle.  If he isn't relying on that knee for outside leverage, it could be less of a liability on the right side.
To me, drafting a left tackle is an opportunity to improve both tackle positions with one pick.
This is why taking Taylor is absolutely the worst possible choice for this team.

Dillard and Williams are better tackle prospects and Williams offers greater flexibility.

(04-15-2019, 09:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 08:05 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Searcy wants credit for going into Coughlin’s office and giving him a speech, which causes them to make the playoffs in 1996.  Searcy admitted to making Tom mad on purpose.

Searcy likes to tell stories. 

I tend to take stories with a grain of salt when they come from a guy that speaks of himself in the third person frequently.

Again, Leon can't do everything.

(04-15-2019, 01:28 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 09:15 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Searcy likes to tell stories. 

Again, Leon can't do everything.

Well played, sir.

I LOVE that commercial!

(04-15-2019, 01:47 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 01:28 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Again, Leon can't do everything.

Well played, sir.

I LOVE that commercial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY

Cam reporting to work

https://twitter.com/sports4jax/status/11...20355?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Cam was fine at LT.. Find a RT and G and let them play where the holes are. LT hasn't been a problem until Cam went down against NE

(04-15-2019, 03:09 PM)knarnn Wrote: Cam reporting to work

https://twitter.com/sports4jax/status/11...20355?s=21

Nice