Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars - Schedule Leaks (any predictions?)

(04-17-2019, 11:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 11:02 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I'm on the fence with Foles and would rather have non primetime games.  I just want to win; but dont put this man under the bright lights and think he's the next big thing.  ...

Bruh... He's been under MUCH BRIGHTER lights and he has done just fine. You're letting your weird QB bias affect your ability to reason. 

As a Jags fan you should want primetime games for the overall profit and stability of the franchise. 
Foles will only help the situation.

(04-17-2019, 10:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We play them week 4 in London.  Havent seen week 1 yet

The Jaguars-Texans 2019 International Series matchup at London’s Wembley Stadium will be played Sunday, November 3, at 9:30 a.m. That date means the game will be played in Week 9 of the ’19 season.

jaguars.com ^
This man made a run with THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES.  Why is that so hard to understand.  You think QB bias is why im skeptical when i just said it was from football knowledge.  Name me any backup besides foles that came in late in the season and made a run then switched teams and kept that flame going.  I'll wait while you google.  

All in all, i would rather put my eggs in the rookie QB basket as i've stated before.   Foles did good with Philly and i like that.  There is no stat or film session that shows he will be successful with the Jags and our roster.  You HOPE he can do what he did with philly this late in his career with a new team that he hasnt done in years before that run.  Hope you're right but odds are you're not.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 11:54 AM by Kane.)

(04-17-2019, 11:01 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 10:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We play them week 4 in London.  Havent seen week 1 yet
still could be away at texans

Very likely.

I'll guess
@ tinhorns
vs tacks
vs jests
@ Denver
vs Bolts (4pm)
@ Carolina
@ Atlanta
vs clots
vs tinhorns (London)
BYE
@ tacks (YAY THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!!!)
@ clots
vs Saints
@ Bengals
@ Oakland
vs Chiefs (SNF - flexed out if we suck)
vs Bucs

(That's actually 4 "national" games... not terrible even if it isnt early season SNF or MNF)

(04-17-2019, 11:02 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 08:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Agreed. Feels like it's been a minute since we've had a primtime game with them. And the series was very fun and interesting last year. ...

I'm on the fence with Foles and would rather have non primetime games.  I just want to win; but dont put this man under the bright lights and think he's the next big thing.  He had a run, but i've watched football long enough to not believe in hype from a few games no matter when they occur.  New team and new conference also gives me a HUGE pause.  If he takes us to the playoffs im satisfied. if not, im livid for killing our draft position so just regular non primetime games because i dont need excuses of bright lights etc as to what the results at the end of the year mean.

(04-17-2019, 11:35 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 11:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Bruh... He's been under MUCH BRIGHTER lights and he has done just fine. You're letting your weird QB bias affect your ability to reason. 

As a Jags fan you should want primetime games for the overall profit and stability of the franchise. 
Foles will only help the situation.

The Jaguars-Texans 2019 International Series matchup at London’s Wembley Stadium will be played Sunday, November 3, at 9:30 a.m. That date means the game will be played in Week 9 of the ’19 season.

jaguars.com ^
This man made a run with THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES.  Why is that so hard to understand.  You think QB bias is why im skeptical when i just said it was from football knowledge.  Name me any backup besides foles that came in late in the season and made a run then switched teams and kept that flame going.  I'll wait while you google.  

All in all, i would rather put my eggs in the rookie QB basket as i've stated before.   Foles did good with Philly and i like that.  There is no stat or film session that shows he will be successful with the Jags and our roster.  You HOPE he can do what he did with philly this late in his career with a new team that he hasnt done in years before that run.  Hope you're right but odds are you're not.

OK. 

Lots to sort out here, because you're kind of all over the map with this one. 

The context here is the regular season schedule and primetime games. 

Your suggestion that Foles may wilt under bright lights after he has won a super bowl is just really devoid of all logic. 
Your suggestion that folks "think he's the next big thing" is way off target as well as a majority of fans have expressed far more reasonable expectations from the player. 

Again - not wanting your team to have primetime games is nonsensical, and I can't imagine a single fan trying to make excuses about bright lights given this team's 2017 run and Foles playoff experience. Doesn't make a lick of sense. The players and fans want the bright lights.

The points you are attempting to make in red and blue have zero to do with this thread/ topic and are just you going on about your lack of confidence in Foles. You've already made that clear in a dozen other threads. 

The thing you're attempting to assert about me being right or wrong on Foles is also inaccurate. 

The only thing I've asserted about Foles is that he'll be an upgrade from Bortles and move the chains more efficiently through the air than we did last season. Don't put words in my mouth.

Foles Derangement Syndrome?

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 12:14 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

(04-17-2019, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 11:02 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I'm on the fence with Foles and would rather have non primetime games.  I just want to win; but dont put this man under the bright lights and think he's the next big thing.  He had a run, but i've watched football long enough to not believe in hype from a few games no matter when they occur.  New team and new conference also gives me a HUGE pause.  If he takes us to the playoffs im satisfied. if not, im livid for killing our draft position so just regular non primetime games because i dont need excuses of bright lights etc as to what the results at the end of the year mean.

(04-17-2019, 11:35 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: This man made a run with THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES.  Why is that so hard to understand.  You think QB bias is why im skeptical when i just said it was from football knowledge.  Name me any backup besides foles that came in late in the season and made a run then switched teams and kept that flame going.  I'll wait while you google.  

OK. 

Your suggestion that Foles may wilt under bright lights after he has won a super bowl is just really devoid of all logic. 
Your suggestion that folks "think he's the next big thing" is way off target as well as a majority of fans have expressed far more reasonable expectations from the player. 

Again - not wanting your team to have primetime games is nonsensical, and I can't imagine a single fan trying to make excuses about bright lights given this team's 2017 run and Foles playoff experience. Doesn't make a lick of sense. The players and fans want the bright lights.

The points you are attempting to make in red and blue have zero to do with this thread/ topic and are just you going on about your lack of confidence in Foles. You've already made that clear in a dozen other threads. 

The thing you're attempting to assert about me being right or wrong on Foles is also inaccurate. 

The only thing I've asserted about Foles is that he'll be an upgrade from Bortles and move the chains more efficiently through the air than we did last season. Don't put words in my mouth.

I see you dont understand what i meant by "the eagles run" comment.  If primetime games is what will keep the team in jax instead of just more fans coming to ALL home games then so be it.  I guess i don't understand the logic.  Can you just tell me what are the majority expectations of bringing Foles to the Jags.  Playoffs, Better Draft position, what is the positive that most are expecting.  Also, moving the chains is subjective since we didnt even try to pass most of the season.  I mean i hated the run first strategy when we didnt have the tools to make it successful after injuries.  We passed with cody and its said we will pass this year so of course we should move the chains more.  I think thats grade school common sense.  I just want to know the expectation, thats all.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(04-17-2019, 12:13 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: OK. 

I see you dont understand what i meant by "the eagles run" comment.  If primetime games is what will keep the team in jax instead of just more fans coming to ALL home games then so be it.  I guess i don't understand the logic.  Can you just tell me what are the majority expectations of bringing Foles to the Jags.  Playoffs, Better Draft position, what is the positive that most are expecting.  Also, moving the chains is subjective since we didnt even try to pass most of the season.  I mean i hated the run first strategy when we didnt have the tools to make it successful after injuries.  We passed with cody and its said we will pass this year so of course we should move the chains more.  I think thats grade school common sense.  I just want to know the expectation, thats all.

Based on every poll I've read and every thread I've participated in here or elsewhere, the majority of fans expect him to be better than Bortles. Better enough to give the team a chance at a division title. 

More specific than that is not possible. 

Moving on because we are derailing this thread and the Foles talk should go elsewhere. 

We'll know the schedule in less than 8 hours. 

I read a suggestion that week one will open against Carolina, and that makes LOTS of sense as both teams are entering their 25th season as franchises.

The London game is the Jags home game for week 9, however, I've also learned through a leak on Facebook that the Jaguars play at the Texans week one. 
'02

(04-17-2019, 12:50 PM)Jags02 Wrote: The London game is the Jags home game for week 9, however, I've also learned through a leak on Facebook that the Jaguars play at the Texans week one. 

So far I'm batting 1.000 on my schedule prediction then

I'm hearing saints texans week 1...

(04-17-2019, 01:34 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I'm hearing saints texans week 1...

I'm showing Saints at Bucs.
'02

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 03:25 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I'm hearing the Chiefs week 1

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/statu...56423?s=19

Lol who knows I'll just wait till 8

(04-17-2019, 03:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm hearing the Chiefs week 1

That may be the best chance of a Monday night game. The Chiefs can't open on a Sunday day game.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 04:41 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(04-17-2019, 10:34 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 10:11 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: rumor has it we open with tinhorns at home

We play them week 4 in London.  Havent seen week 1 yet

No kidding.  Worst rumor ever.  The game between the Jags hosting the Texans in London was publicly announced months ago and the London game is never week 1.

That would be epic from a ticket demand perspective.

If this is correct than my stuff is wrong because I'm showing Chiefs at Pats on SNF week one.
'02

Look like all my game info above is wrong. I just saw Steelers at Patriots week one.
'02

https://twitter.com/ColePepper/status/11...9107235840

ALL RUMORS AT THIS POINT ^

Week 6 is going to be busy...

(04-17-2019, 05:40 PM)iapetus Wrote: Week 6 is going to be busy...

Indeed.
'02