Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Which best describes your realistic expectations for Foles in 2019?
Superbowl appearance
Deep playoff run
Playoff appearance
Just to be better than Bortles and hope that gets them to the postseason
He'll be no significant improvement over Bortles, maybe a little better
I expect to be disappointed in his performance.
He'll be terrible
Corn
Blank #2
[Show Results]

Expectations For Foles

25 TDs 14 picks. Has the usual random high peaks and crashes back down to earth but also wins 2 or 3 games with his play in the 4th quarter, something we never had with Blake.

Finishes 8-8 and everyone stays for another year

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think an important point is that I expect him to be more consistently "good" then Bortles ever managed. Bortles could play fairly well from time to time but he had those stretches where he looked like a guy who'd never been behind center before. I also think this team had a lot of things go wrong for them last year and some things go very well for some of their division opponents. I expect a playoff appearance and would be surprised if we don't get there (although it might only be as a wild card). I think Foles will finish middle of the pack in terms of yardage, TDs, probably in the top 5 in terms of completion percentage but it's his consistency and leadership that will be the biggest change out of that position.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(04-17-2019, 01:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 01:37 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Thats tough to say because he has never played with this Jags team.  I can see what he did with the Eagles and their offense but nothing here yet.

wow

You specifically asked for this:

Quote:I just want to know the expectation, thats all.

Now it's too tough an ask?

How 'bout you put all that "football knowledge" you were going on about to good use and give us a prediction of what Foles can offer the Jags offense.

Bro lol.  I already said its playoffs or bust but asking for his expectation of stats is being extra and no one truly knows.  Maybe 3 to 1 Int ratio as most say is great for a QB and 4000 yards since he should be a top tier passer i guess.  Its either Playoffs or a wasted move since it does nothing to help us win more games besides put on window dressing.  We still need players as EVERYONE has said to make this offense work.  Foles doing average is unacceptable.  I'm being nice not saying AFCCG or bust so enjoy playoffs or bust barring injuries.  If he cant do what blake did and more then whats the point.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Not sure how to answer. I fully expect him to play better than Bortles. Bortles helped get the team to the AFCCG. I don’t expect Foles to carry the team to the same same or beyond. As long as the team stays healthy, one would think with Foles at the helm they could go deep into playoffs. Considering they’ve done that already with a lesser QB. Maybe I’m taking the question the wrong way.

I expect NF7 to continue his well known leadership, locker room presence of the past.
I expect him to throw our existing receiver Corp open making them much better than last performances.
I expect NF7 to bring consistency to the offense giving the defense the strength to be more dominant.
I expect him to cherish the team that he can now call his own and continue to raise the bar w/respect to elevated performances of his own.
I expect NF7 to lead by example.
I expect the expected from NF7, BUT it's an team sport so.
I expect the team to rally around NF7.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 05:16 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

Hard question to answer. Personally I don’t expect much from Foles, but it’s clear as day that the team is all in and going for it now. They believe in him to be the answer. I expect atleast playoffs because the team is too talented... as long as the team stays semi healthy.

Expectations for the team since signing Foles, it's playoffs or bust, since it's looking like they're putting all the eggs in his basket.

As for my expectations on Foles' play himself and what he'll bring, I voted "He'll be no significant improvement over Bortles, maybe a little better".

Playoffs if the team can nail a few picks in the draft. The current offense still is a mess with big holes at Tight end, Offensive tackle (both spots), Receiver, Running back, there are lots of needs. The AFC south is going to be very tough and it's possible we come in dead last again.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I also think he'll be the guy to manufacture 3 1st downs when we need to run out the clock with a 2 point lead and 4 minutes to play.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Compelled to vote Corn, but honestly I'm in the 'improvement over Blake and hope for postseason' camp.

I am not going to hinge the postseason on Foles alone; The schedule is rough, and there are any number of factors that can take that expectation off the table. Foles should be able to bring out better play from the guys surrounding him if he is better than Blake.

(04-17-2019, 01:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: 11-5, AFCCG at minimum. Foles goes for 4500 yards, 30 and 9.

That would be an outstanding season! I think he will put up Gatorade type numbers in the neighborhood of 3400 yards 23 and 14.

Back on topic, I voted playoffs.

Ahhh....barring what we pull in the darft, hard to say.

As of now: 9-7, 2nd WC spot. Good vet presence, doesn't COST us any games. Throws for 3800/26/9. Wins first round, loses in 2nd round of playoffs.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I still think foles is over rated. the offenssive line was great in plily, plus he had a top WR with jeffory.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them.