Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jeopardy

This is a conspiracy. The show is giving Holzhauer the answers before the taping of the show. To boost ratings and so Alex Trabek can retire on this so called phenomenal, once in a lifetime, never before ever again seen performance.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-03-2019, 01:38 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: This is a conspiracy.  The show is giving Holzhauer the answers before the taping of the show.  To boost ratings and so Alex Trabek can retire on this so called phenomenal, once in a lifetime, never before ever again seen performance.

Video evidence shows his run could be ending as soon as tonight though.

(06-03-2019, 01:44 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 01:38 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: This is a conspiracy.  The show is giving Holzhauer the answers before the taping of the show.  To boost ratings and so Alex Trabek can retire on this so called phenomenal, once in a lifetime, never before ever again seen performance.

Video evidence shows his run could be ending as soon as tonight though.

Welp, the viewer ratings are about to drop.

Until the next streak. Anyway, I'm glad he lost. I always root for the underdog(s).
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

What a weird episode. It had a strange vibe of him pulling DD on his first answer and also only 1 question being missed the entire night between the 3 contestants.

https://youtu.be/Ee05_q5o9oY

(06-04-2019, 08:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What a weird episode. It had a strange vibe of him pulling DD on his first answer and also only 1 question being missed the entire night between the 3 contestants.

Yes, it seems like the guy who wound up in 3rd place could have won on most nights.

Agree

(06-04-2019, 09:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 08:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: What a weird episode. It had a strange vibe of him pulling DD on his first answer and also only 1 question being missed the entire night between the 3 contestants.

Yes, it seems like the guy who wound up in 3rd place could have won on most nights.

The thing that surprised me most was that he was not getting in first on a lot of clues.

Tehn, that he wagered such a small amount on the final? It was so very out of character. It just seemed.....off.

I think he almost WANTED it to end, and not be on the top. He'll be able to fade into the woodwork, and simply be a piece of trivia himself.

Makes you admire Ken's consecutive wins streak that much more, though.

(06-05-2019, 11:21 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 09:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Yes, it seems like the guy who wound up in 3rd place could have won on most nights.

The thing that surprised me most was that he was not getting in first on a lot of clues.

Tehn, that he wagered such a small amount on the final? It was so very out of character. It just seemed.....off.

I think he almost WANTED it to end, and not be on the top. He'll be able to fade into the woodwork, and simply be a piece of trivia himself.

Ken Jennings visited him at home and told him that his record WILL stand, if ya know what I mean.

(06-05-2019, 11:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 11:21 AM)Mikey Wrote: The thing that surprised me most was that he was not getting in first on a lot of clues.

Ken Jennings visited him at home and told him that his record WILL stand, if ya know what I mean.
Don’t let the dorky appearance and name fool you.  The Jennings family isn’t the only one he runs.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2019, 08:00 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

And... just like that, the woman who took down James is gone.

There will never be another James. I like to use the Tiger/Jack analogy to compare Jennings and Holzhauer. Sure Jack has won more, but Tiger was more dominant and more fun to watch.

James Holzhauer/Ken Jennings PPV match!

(06-07-2019, 07:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: And... just like that, the woman who took down James is gone.

There will never be another James. I like to use the Tiger/Jack analogy to compare Jennings and Holzhauer. Sure Jack has won more, but Tiger was more dominant and more fun to watch.

You'd have to bring in Buzzy too, since his team won the TOC a few months back. Was it him and Ken that faced Watson?

(06-07-2019, 09:00 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 07:59 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: And... just like that, the woman who took down James is gone.

You'd have to bring in Buzzy too, since his team won the TOC a few months back. Was it him and Ken that faced Watson?

Yeah, he would make a good 3rd. That tournament could be Trebeck' swan song. Drop the mic.