Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Militia detains Illegal Immigrants (migrants)

(04-19-2019, 04:52 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 02:11 PM)B2hibry Wrote: One may also interpret the situation as a clear and present danger instigated by an illegal entry into a sovereign nation. Keyword, "illegal".

Just a thought...throttle back a bit and don't let your personal feelings allow you to throw out a term that can be interpreted as quite disparaging and on the level of a few other choice terms. Not a good look.

I'll call them as I see them, and every time my trips down to hike along the border in California brought me into contact with the "Minutemen", they were a bunch of old white guys sitting in lawn chairs, chugging beer and talking about how illegal immigrants took their jobs. It's pathetic. It's what we have a Border Patrol for. Someday, possibly soon, one of those hicks is going to shoot an illegal immigrant. It's going to be a circus, it's going to end up in the courts, and somehow or another it's going to result in the rest of us seeing our rights lessened again because a bunch of old white guys decided they want to be Wyatt Earp when they grow up.

So that was you hiking through? You walk kinda swishy. *buuurrrrp*

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Oh noes, mean words n stuff.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-19-2019, 02:56 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 02:08 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: They're hicks because they're catching criminals?

There isn't much difference in the guy breaking into his car and stealing from it versus breaking into the country and stealing from everyone.

Immigrating illegally is wrong but it is nothing like stealing.  It's more like cutting in line.  Illegal immigrants get negligible public benefits and tend to work very hard for very little money, all while paying all of the taxes a citizen would have to pay, more often than not.

Laughing Not so much.

(04-19-2019, 02:56 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 02:08 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: They're hicks because they're catching criminals?

There isn't much difference in the guy breaking into his car and stealing from it versus breaking into the country and stealing from everyone.

Immigrating illegally is wrong but it is nothing like stealing.  It's more like cutting in line.  Illegal immigrants get negligible public benefits and tend to work very hard for very little money, all while paying all of the taxes a citizen would have to pay, more often than not.

You're living 20 years in the past. Coming here for jobs ended in 2009. Welcome to 2019. Most of the illegals today are not coming to the US to work, they are coming to be taken care of by US taxpayers. Are you really that naive to think that the caravan dragging children 1000 miles across Mexico are doing it for jobs?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I would like to invite any Democrat who reads this to tell me, what is the Democratic Party's position on securing the border?

(04-20-2019, 01:25 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:  what is the Democratic Party's position on securing the border?

"Every vote should count!"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-20-2019, 01:25 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I would like to invite any Democrat who reads this to tell me, what is the Democratic Party's position on securing the border?

The same as it is on abortion, foreign policy, budget policy, education, and any other governmental function, "Impeach Trump". Nuremberg rallies weren't as feverishly focused. If Trump wins in 2020, democrats will try their damndest to steer this country into the ground simply to spite him.

(04-20-2019, 03:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 01:25 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I would like to invite any Democrat who reads this to tell me, what is the Democratic Party's position on securing the border?

The same as it is on abortion, foreign policy, budget policy, education, and any other governmental function, "Impeach Trump". Nuremberg rallies weren't as feverishly focused. If Trump wins in 2020, democrats will try their damndest to steer this country into the ground simply to spite him.

And if the Dems win the republicans will do the same and the circle will go on and on and on

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 07:58 AM by B2hibry.)

(04-20-2019, 07:42 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/thedailybeast...0105461762

Not arrested for the group's recent actions as they are not only lawful in New Mexico but constitutional. He is a prior convicted felon that did not have his right restored, so they got him on weapons charges.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(04-20-2019, 06:53 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 03:01 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: The same as it is on abortion, foreign policy, budget policy, education, and any other governmental function, "Impeach Trump". Nuremberg rallies weren't as feverishly focused. If Trump wins in 2020, democrats will try their damndest to steer this country into the ground simply to spite him.

And if the Dems win the republicans will do the same and the circle will go on and on and on

No it won't. Republicans do not have the force of the MSM at their backs as well as weaponized government bureaucracies.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 07:04 AM by mikesez.)

(04-19-2019, 11:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 02:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: Immigrating illegally is wrong but it is nothing like stealing.  It's more like cutting in line.  Illegal immigrants get negligible public benefits and tend to work very hard for very little money, all while paying all of the taxes a citizen would have to pay, more often than not.

Laughing Not so much.

If you know of a way that illegal immigrants are avoiding paying sales tax and property tax, let me  know.  if you buy stuff retail you're paying sales tax, and if you have a roof over your head you're paying property tax.
If they're paid under the table, they avoid income tax and payroll tax, but many of them are paid with fraudulent social security numbers and have their payroll taxes and income taxes withheld just like ours.

(04-20-2019, 08:19 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 02:56 PM)mikesez Wrote: Immigrating illegally is wrong but it is nothing like stealing.  It's more like cutting in line.  Illegal immigrants get negligible public benefits and tend to work very hard for very little money, all while paying all of the taxes a citizen would have to pay, more often than not.

You're living 20 years in the past. Coming here for jobs ended in 2009. Welcome to 2019. Most of the illegals today are not coming to the US to work, they are coming to be taken care of by US taxpayers. Are you really that naive to think that the caravan dragging children 1000 miles across Mexico are doing it for jobs?

you're right that things are changing, but those who came over here illegally to work 10 or 20 years ago are still here for the most part. we have to figure out what the law should do about them, as well as what the law should do about newer arrivals.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2019, 07:17 AM by The Real Marty.)

(04-21-2019, 07:03 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 11:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Laughing Not so much.

If you know of a way that illegal immigrants are avoiding paying sales tax and property tax, let me  know.  if you buy stuff retail you're paying sales tax, and if you have a roof over your head you're paying property tax.
If they're paid under the table, they avoid income tax and payroll tax, but many of them are paid with fraudulent social security numbers and have their payroll taxes and income taxes withheld just like ours.

you're right that things are changing, but those who came over here illegally to work 10 or 20 years ago are still here for the most part. we have to figure out what the law should do about them, as well as what the law should do about newer arrivals.

Sure, but what is the Democratic Party's policy on securing the border?   Rightly or wrongly, the impression I get is that they are against securing the border.  You're a Democrat, right?   Does the party have some sort of policy they are pushing, or is it all just demonizing the opposition for trying to secure the border?

"Democrats are fighting for every immigrant who feels threatened by Donald Trump’s election. We will not stand by and watch families be torn apart — Democrats in Congress and in states and cities across the country are already standing up to Trump’s hatred and bigotry to defend their immigrant neighbors."

https://democrats.org/issues/immigration-reform/

"...defend their immigrant neighbors..." sounds like they are not in favor of enforcing immigration laws on people who are already in the country.  

(04-21-2019, 07:03 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 11:14 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Laughing Not so much.

This thread is about those who are crossing now, not those who came 20 years ago. Those here 20 years or so can be dealt with later, assuming they don't commit some crime (after the original one of crossing the border illegally) there's no hurry.

Those who are crossing now are mostly coming for government handouts (i.e. money taken by force from workers). The current influx needs to be stopped. Build the wall; step up enforcement; get real about the "asylum" claims, since anyone needing asylum could go to the closest country and wouldn't have to trek across a 1000 miles to a safe haven. Other than Venezuela there are no governments in this hemisphere threatening their citizens.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(04-21-2019, 07:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 07:03 AM)mikesez Wrote: If you know of a way that illegal immigrants are avoiding paying sales tax and property tax, let me  know.  if you buy stuff retail you're paying sales tax, and if you have a roof over your head you're paying property tax.

Sure, but what is the Democratic Party's policy on securing the border?   Rightly or wrongly, the impression I get is that they are against securing the border.  You're a Democrat, right?   Does the party have some sort of policy they are pushing, or is it all just demonizing the opposition for trying to secure the border?

"Democrats are fighting for every immigrant who feels threatened by Donald Trump’s election. We will not stand by and watch families be torn apart — Democrats in Congress and in states and cities across the country are already standing up to Trump’s hatred and bigotry to defend their immigrant neighbors."

"...defend their immigrant neighbors..." sounds like they are not in favor of enforcing immigration laws on people who are already in the country.  

I am a registered Republican.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(04-21-2019, 09:55 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 07:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sure, but what is the Democratic Party's policy on securing the border?   Rightly or wrongly, the impression I get is that they are against securing the border.  You're a Democrat, right?   Does the party have some sort of policy they are pushing, or is it all just demonizing the opposition for trying to secure the border?

Here we go with this again!!!

(04-21-2019, 12:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-20-2019, 06:53 PM)JackCity Wrote: And if the Dems win the republicans will do the same and the circle will go on and on and on

No it won't. Republicans do not have the force of the MSM at their backs as well as weaponized government bureaucracies.

Ah yes the republicans are generally very accepting and supportive of the Dems. Come off it

(04-21-2019, 10:53 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 12:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: No it won't. Republicans do not have the force of the MSM at their backs as well as weaponized government bureaucracies.

Ah yes the republicans are generally very accepting and supportive of the Dems. Come off it

To the degree and fervency of the collusion in skulduggery we've just witnessed over the last two years? Keep trying.

(04-21-2019, 11:10 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 10:53 AM)JackCity Wrote: Ah yes the republicans are generally very accepting and supportive of the Dems. Come off it

To the degree and fervency of the collusion in skulduggery we've just witnessed over the last two years? Keep trying.

As soon as you guys realise both parties are awful the better for the country as a whole

(04-21-2019, 09:55 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(04-21-2019, 07:13 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Sure, but what is the Democratic Party's policy on securing the border?   Rightly or wrongly, the impression I get is that they are against securing the border.  You're a Democrat, right?   Does the party have some sort of policy they are pushing, or is it all just demonizing the opposition for trying to secure the border?

Who was the last GOP candidate you actually voted for?

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.