Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tyreek Hill

(07-01-2019, 06:39 PM)Deacon Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 06:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I hope you are right, but I have my doubts.  At the risk of turning this into a political discussion here are my thoughts regarding it.

I realize that criminal evidence is needed in this case to prove his guilt over his innocence as far as criminal charges, and apparently the recording isn't enough evidence.  With that being said the NFL is not the judicial system and could "convict" someone or force them to prove innocence rather than the NFL having to prove them "guilty".

With that being said I don't know that the NFL is going to want to go to court whether it's legal or civil court over suspending a player that has not been convicted of a crime.  Just throwing this out there, but if the NFL decides to suspend him for say 4 games (all hypothetical) he could possibly have a case to sue the NFL in civil court and recoup any money that he might lose.

With all of that being said, I think that he did it (public opinion based on the limited facts that we know).  I imagine that how it gets handled is being decided by people way more informed and smarter about this than I am.

Is he able to sue the NFL directly, or would the NFLPA have to do this for him. The reason I ask is because of the presence of the CBA. I don't know the answer but can an active NFL Player sue the NFL or only file an appeal?

He can't sue. The way union contracts work both sides agree that they can only take it to arbitration. Whatever the arbitration decides is final. The courts won't even consider looking at the case unless someone can show a civil or constitutional right violation because both parties legally agreed to be bound by arbitration.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-01-2019, 01:31 AM)p_rushing Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 01:57 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I think he either gets traded and if no takers, his career is done.
Why? He wasn't charged with anything.

It's obvious the kid needs to be taken away from both of them and he can pay for someone else to raise the kid in a loving home. This is just standard behaviour from 2 people that don't know how to be adults or have an adult relationship. You can go to any city and find the same situation with 2 people that keep going back to each other after beatjngs.

He has too much talent for this to put him out of the league. He probably doesn't get a new deal, but a 1 year prove you can play in all the games deal.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I guess if it was dropped then he keeps his job. I hope he atleast gets some punishment from the league. He was recorded.

(07-01-2019, 06:12 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 05:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Good point on Peterson's case. 

I think the recording of Hill telling his fiancée she should be afraid of him may be enough in this case for Goodell to get a suspension through the appeal process.

I hope you are right, but I have my doubts.  At the risk of turning this into a political discussion here are my thoughts regarding it.

I realize that criminal evidence is needed in this case to prove his guilt over his innocence as far as criminal charges, and apparently the recording isn't enough evidence.  With that being said the NFL is not the judicial system and could "convict" someone or force them to prove innocence rather than the NFL having to prove them "guilty".

With that being said I don't know that the NFL is going to want to go to court whether it's legal or civil court over suspending a player that has not been convicted of a crime.  Just throwing this out there, but if the NFL decides to suspend him for say 4 games (all hypothetical) he could possibly have a case to sue the NFL in civil court and recoup any money that he might lose.

With all of that being said, I think that he did it (public opinion based on the limited facts that we know).  I imagine that how it gets handled is being decided by people way more informed and smarter about this than I am.

One other factor in this may be the looming CBA renegotiation. The shield may not want to ruffle the NFLPA's feathers right before they put an offer on the table. I'm not advocating this modus operandi, but I certainly wouldn't discount that this factors into any decision that they (the league) make, or that it would end up influencing the next deal.

I have a feeling this will be a big part of the new contract, that the PA attempts to limit Goodell's authority when it comes to discipline, or at least require more standards regarding evidence, expectations, and penalties.

(06-27-2019, 12:20 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 10:23 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: AP's alleged child abuse was significantly different though wasn't it? More so outdated physical punishment. 

Hill's transgressions are on another level..

To clarify, 'outdated physical punishment' that caused "cuts and bruises in several areas of the boy’s body, including his back, ankles and legs."

I'm going to say they are on the same level. You don't do what either one did to a kid, you just don't.

For the record I agree completely. I just couldn't remember the severity of AP's. Both have no justification to ever happen.