Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Draft Rumors and tweets

(04-22-2019, 06:09 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 03:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hockenson and McGary in the 1st and 2nd please.  Then hopefully, Gardner, Addeley, or Savage will be there in round 3.  3 starters in the first 3 rounds

Johnny Rumford mocked us McGary at 7 earlier today. Since basically everyone here likes McGary a lot at 38, how would we feel about him in the first and say Irv Jr in the 2nd?

No. I love McGary at #38, but not at #7.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-22-2019, 06:09 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 03:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hockenson and McGary in the 1st and 2nd please.  Then hopefully, Gardner, Addeley, or Savage will be there in round 3.  3 starters in the first 3 rounds

Johnny Rumford mocked us McGary at 7 earlier today. Since basically everyone here likes McGary a lot at 38, how would we feel about him in the first and say Irv Jr in the 2nd?

that's a reach, and I would be so disgusted with the pick at 7 that I wouldn't have other emotions left to deal with 38.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 09:27 AM by Upper.)

Just out of curiosity, why is McGary a huge reach at 7? Other than where you see him listed on meaningless mock drafts.

I think he compares favorably to Taylor. He had better pass and run blocking grades, didn't have injury and weight issues in college, is bigger. and is likely way more athletic. Obviously Taylor didn't do any testing, but I highly doubt he'd be an 84th percentile SPARQ with a very good shuttle specifically.

If you'd be ok with Taylor at 7 I see zero reason why you wouldn't be just as, or more, ok with McGary.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1120...74176?s=20
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-23-2019, 09:26 AM)Upper Wrote: Just out of curiosity, why is McGary a huge reach at 7? Other than where you see him listed on meaningless mock drafts.

I think he compares favorably to Taylor. He had better pass and run blocking grades, didn't have injury and weight issues in college, is bigger. and is likely way more athletic. Obviously Taylor didn't do any testing, but I highly doubt he'd be an 84th percentile SPARQ with a very good shuttle specifically.

If you'd be ok with Taylor at 7 I see zero reason why you wouldn't be just as, or more, ok with McGary.

It's more about if you're the only team that sees McGary as a #7 pick, you're passing up a TON of value, and leaving much more talented players for other teams to pick.

Think back to when Gene drafted Alualu at 10. He was a good player, for many years, but what players did we pass up taking him there? If it's feasible that McGary is still available at 28, or 33, or 40, why use pick 7 to get him?

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2019/04...ate-davis/

Nate Davis being heavily linked to the Jags. And the current rumors now are that the jags may look to address the O-Line in round 3 or later.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-23-2019, 01:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2019/04...ate-davis/

Nate Davis being heavily linked to the Jags. And the current rumors now are that the jags may look to address the O-Line in round 3 or later.

That would be fantastic. Nate Davis is a pure OG and was really good during Senior Bowl week. I'd love to have him in Jacksonville. I believe he could beat out A.J. Cann.

Seahawks traded Frank Clark to KC for their 1st rd pick, next year’s 2nd and swapping 3rds next year

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 02:22 PM by knarnn.)

(04-23-2019, 01:45 PM)JNev Wrote: Seahawks traded Frank Clark to KC for their 1st rd pick, next year’s 2nd and swapping 3rds next year

The Seahawks made out while the Chiefs are forced paying Clark a 90+ million dollar extension in the coming weeks, when they could have probably found someone just a productive in a defensive heavy draft for a fraction of the cost.

(04-23-2019, 01:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be fantastic. Nate Davis is a pure OG and was really good during Senior Bowl week. I'd love to have him in Jacksonville. I believe he could beat out A.J. Cann.

Small school and abysmal athletic profile...yikes. Not saying he can't since I haven't watched him, but he has a lot to overcome.

(04-23-2019, 01:52 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 01:45 PM)JNev Wrote: Seahawks traded Frank Clark to KC for their 1st rd pick, next year’s 2nd and swapping 3rds next year

The Seahawks made out while the Chiefs are forced paying Clark a 90+ million dollar extension in the coming weeks, when they could have probably found someone just a productive in a defensive heavy draft for a fraction of the cost.

What DE available at pick 30 or so will be able to produce Clark's double digit sacks?  Maybe Ferguson.

KC was on the verge of a Super Bowl last year.  They got younger at DE without losing the production.

They gave up what amounts to a low 1/high 2 this year and likely a low 2/high 3 next year for a in his prime pass rushing DE.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 02:33 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Are they swapping 3rd round picks this year or next year. If it’s next year, do they swap 3rds regardless of where each team picks.

Edit: Just read it, the 3rd round swap is this year, that makes more sense.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 02:34 PM by Upper.)

(04-23-2019, 02:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 01:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: The Seahawks made out while the Chiefs are forced paying Clark a 90+ million dollar extension in the coming weeks, when they could have probably found someone just a productive in a defensive heavy draft for a fraction of the cost.

What DE available at pick 30 or so will be able to produce Clark's double digit sacks?  Maybe Ferguson.

KC was on the verge of a Super Bowl last year.  They got younger at DE without losing the production.

They gave up what amounts to a low 1/high 2 this year and likely a low 2/high 3 next year for a in his prime pass rushing DE.

Is Clark a 1st, 2nd, and almost $20M better than Dee Ford was? They should have just paid Ford and kept everything else IMO.

(04-23-2019, 02:33 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 02:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: What DE available at pick 30 or so will be able to produce Clark's double digit sacks?  Maybe Ferguson.

They gave up what amounts to a low 1/high 2 this year and likely  a low 2/high 3 next year for a in his prime pass rushing DE.

Is Clark a 1st, 2nd, and almost $20M better than Dee Ford was? They should have just paid Ford and kept everything else IMO.
I agree with this. 

Should have kept Ford and then drafted a corner with their 1st rounder this year. Chiefs D is going to be bad next season which will lead to a lot of shootouts!

(04-23-2019, 02:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote: What DE available at pick 30 or so will be able to produce Clark's double digit sacks?  Maybe Ferguson.

They gave up what amounts to a low 1/high 2 this year and likely  a low 2/high 3 next year for a in his prime pass rushing DE.

Dee Ford as a 3-4 stand up OLB? Perhaps they are roughly equal.

Dee Ford with his hand on the ground in a 4-3?  No, and the Chiefs have switched to that scheme.  Clark works with his hand on the ground and is better against the run. 

Besides, KC will never forgive Ford for his off sides penalty.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

For those that have speculated moving Cam to the right side, Coughlin had this to say the other day at the draft luncheon:

With much Jaguars pre-draft talk focused on right tackle, some have speculated they could select a left tackle at No. 7 and move third-year left tackle Cam Robinson to the right side. Coughlin was asked about this possibility Monday. “We need a healthy Cam Robinson playing left tackle,” Coughlin said. Robinson missed the final 14 games of the 2018 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 03:03 PM by knarnn.)

Never mind  the $90+ million I suggested - how about $105 million?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com...AEA&sr=amp

As a side note Yannick’s bargaining chip seems to get larger by the day.

As Bullseye said, 2 totally different players

(04-23-2019, 02:04 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 01:43 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That would be fantastic. Nate Davis is a pure OG and was really good during Senior Bowl week. I'd love to have him in Jacksonville. I believe he could beat out A.J. Cann.

Small school and abysmal athletic profile...yikes. Not saying he can't since I haven't watched him, but he has a lot to overcome.

He excelled Senior Bowl week and was one of the most impressive interior linemen that week. He stuffed some very good competition. I was impressed. I could care less about the athletics, as long as he produces on the field and that week, he looked NFL ready.

(04-23-2019, 02:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 02:33 PM)Upper Wrote: Is Clark a 1st, 2nd, and almost $20M better than Dee Ford was? They should have just paid Ford and kept everything else IMO.

Dee Ford as a 3-4 stand up OLB? Perhaps they are roughly equal.

Dee Ford with his hand on the ground in a 4-3?  No, and the Chiefs have switched to that scheme.  Clark works with his hand on the ground and is better against the run. 

Besides, KC will never forgive Ford for his off sides penalty.

Didn’t Ford play a traditional 4-3 role in college and was asked to play stand up backer in KC? I may be wrong on that. Why not package those picks to move up for a player? Especially if Sweat is to fall as suggested? Ford + Sweat and an additional 20 million in cap seems like a better package deal than Clark + ? Since Houston is no longer with the team.