Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Draft Rumors and tweets

(04-24-2019, 11:13 AM)JNev Wrote: I don't mind the idea of a WR room including Westbrook, Chark, and Harry. Lee is totally superfluous though at that point and unfortunately I don't think he's going anywhere. Keesean Johnson in the 4th would be great otherwise
Harry is a WR like Alshon Jeffery and if the Jags want to give Foles what he had in Philly, Harry is a great start. Not to mention they could move on from Lee after this year (which they should) and 2020 could be Harry and Chark on the outside with Westbrook in the slot.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If we go WR in the 2nd hopefully its AJ Brown or Butler. Butler at 6'5" run is a 4.4 and can make insane catches. Butler could be a matchup nightmare with his size and speed

(04-24-2019, 10:17 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 09:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I think this is what we do as well.  I think it will take the other teams 2nd and 4th or 5th to move back which will be good value.  Then we take Hockenson or Jonah Williams although in think William's will be our 1st option.
If we drop back to the 10-13 range, not sure both guys will be there.

Let's assume it's Atlanta (pick 14 round 1 and pick 13 round 2).

Jags could roll out
RD1- Fant
RD2- Harry
RD2 (ATL)- Risner/McGary

Sign me up for this draft.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I think our best chance of a trade back would be if one of the DT’s (Williams, Oliver) Or long shot (Josh Allen) were to fall to our spot. I mean what other reason would a team have to want to jump in front of Detroit and Buffalo?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-24-2019, 12:25 PM)knarnn Wrote: I think our best chance of a trade back would be if one of the DT’s (Williams, Oliver) Or long shot (Josh Allen) were to fall to our spot. I mean what other reason would a team have to want to jump in front of Detroit and Buffalo?

A QB

(04-24-2019, 12:25 PM)knarnn Wrote: I think our best chance of a trade back would be if one of the DT’s (Williams, Oliver) Or long shot (Josh Allen) were to fall to our spot. I mean what other reason would a team have to want to jump in front of Detroit and Buffalo?

1 of Lock or Haskins will probably be there

(04-24-2019, 12:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we go WR in the 2nd hopefully its AJ Brown or Butler.  Butler at 6'5" run is a 4.4 and can make insane catches.  Butler could be a matchup nightmare with his size and speed

Butler is my favorite WR in this draft. Great production, great measurables. He's getting a little lost in the shuffle due to playing at Iowa State.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 01:11 PM by knarnn.)

(04-24-2019, 12:32 PM)Uflgatorsandjags Wrote:

A QB

Neither is in need of a QB. In fact you have to go to pick 13 to find the next team who’s most likely to select a QB in the draft. I tend to believe Haskins will still go top 6. But there’s a real possibility he and Lock may both be available after the giants select. If Miami is wanting Lock they’ll have trade up options other than us.

(04-24-2019, 01:10 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 12:32 PM)Uflgatorsandjags Wrote: A QB

Neither is in need of a QB. In fact you have to go to pick 13 to find the next team who’s most likely to select a QB in the draft. I tend to believe Haskins will still go top 6. But there’s a real possibility he and Lock may both be available after the giants select. If Miami is wanting Lock they’ll have trade up options other than us.
Although this is true, teams want to trade up as high as they can. Miami would want to get up to 7 because they could fear another team tries to trade up for Haskins.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 01:16 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-24-2019, 01:10 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 12:32 PM)Uflgatorsandjags Wrote: A QB

Those 2 teams don't have to need 1.  Den, Cinci, Wash and Mia could all possibly want 1.  Miami might want to trade up to get there guy before Denver does. It happens almost every year that 1 team will trade up before the other does.  Buffalo jump the Bears and SF last year but did they need one? They jump up to do it before the other teams that need one do

Rumors are Redskins want to move into the top 5. Probably for Haskins

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 02:22 PM by knarnn.)

(04-24-2019, 01:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 01:10 PM)knarnn Wrote: Neither is in need of a QB. In fact you have to go to pick 13 to find the next team who’s most likely to select a QB in the draft. I tend to believe Haskins will still go top 6. But there’s a real possibility he and Lock may both be available after the giants select. If Miami is wanting Lock they’ll have trade up options other than us.
Although this is true, teams want to trade up as high as they can. Miami would want to get up to 7 because they could fear another team tries to trade up for Haskins.

Teams want to trade up as high as they can in relation to value. For example- If Miami calls and we are asking for 3 1st in order to trade and Detroit is willing to trade for only a 2nd, which do you think Miami is going to take? There is no black and white trade guide for teams to follow by. This is where the “it takes two to tango” saying comes into play.

(04-24-2019, 02:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Rumors are Redskins want to move into the top 5.  Probably for Haskins

I think the Jets have the hot ticket in this years draft. The GM seems more than eager to trade back and may be willing to do so at a slight discount.

(04-24-2019, 02:10 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 01:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Although this is true, teams want to trade up as high as they can. Miami would want to get up to 7 because they could fear another team tries to trade up for Haskins.

Teams want to trade up as high as they can in relation to value. For example- If Miami calls and we are asking for 3 1st in order to trade and Detroit is willing to trade for only a 2nd, which do you think Miami is going to take? There is no black and white trade guide for teams to follow by. This is where the “it takes two to tango” saying comes into play.

(04-24-2019, 02:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Rumors are Redskins want to move into the top 5.  Probably for Haskins

I think the Jets have the hot ticket in this years draft. The GM seems more than eager to trade back and may be willing to do at a slight discount.
Almost all teams use the draft pick trade board when looking for the value of their pick.

The Jags won't ask for 3 1's and then Detroit ask for just a 2nd. I would assume both offers would be fairly close.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 02:19 PM by knarnn.)

(04-24-2019, 02:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 02:10 PM)knarnn Wrote: Teams want to trade up as high as they can in relation to value. For example- If Miami calls and we are asking for 3 1st in order to trade and Detroit is willing to trade for only a 2nd, which do you think Miami is going to take? There is no black and white trade guide for teams to follow by. This is where the “it takes two to tango” saying comes into play.

I think the Jets have the hot ticket in this years draft. The GM seems more than eager to trade back and may be willing to do at a slight discount.
Almost all teams use the draft pick trade board when looking for the value of their pick.

The Jags won't ask for 3 1's and then Detroit ask for just a 2nd. I would assume both offers would be fairly close.
Again, that was an example. Feel free to change the example to a 2nd and 3rd vs a 2nd only or whatever you want.

The draft pick trade board is old and outdated and has been said as such by many respected persons in the NFL. In addition to, the board goes out the window when it comes to QBs.

Best case scenario if we stay at 7 is Murray, Haskins. and Lock all go before us which is looking like a possibility. If one of Bosa, William's, Oliver, or Allen is there I think we take them

(04-24-2019, 02:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Best case scenario if we stay at 7 is Murray, Haskins. and Lock all go before us which is looking like a possibility.   If one of Bosa, William's, Oliver, or Allen is there I think we take them
I actually think best case scenario is Haskins and Lock are both available at 7. Jags trade back to around 13, snag Hockenson still at 13 and use their 2 2nd rounders on Risner/McGary and Harry.

(04-24-2019, 09:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 07:53 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I don't know if this qualifies as a rumour or not but John Osher yesterday said he will be surprised if they are unable to trade down a few spots, he thinks that unless one of the top 2-3 DL is there at 7 the Jaguars want to trade down and he expects them to pick between the 10 and 13 spot. 

Link here (talks about the trade scenario after 1.30)

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/1120818505182588929

I think this is what we do as well.  I think it will take the other teams 2nd and 4th or 5th to move back which will be good value.  Then we take Hockenson or Jonah Williams although in think William's will be our 1st option.

Given the noise on how many teams want to move back, I would be stunned if the Jags got a 2nd to move back to 10-13.  I'd expect more along the lines of 3rd + 4th for a 5th. And possibly the 5th or 4th would be in the 2020 draft.

I could see a 2nd if they move back to the 20's or so.

(04-24-2019, 02:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 02:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Best case scenario if we stay at 7 is Murray, Haskins. and Lock all go before us which is looking like a possibility.   If one of Bosa, William's, Oliver, or Allen is there I think we take them
I actually think best case scenario is Haskins and Lock are both available at 7. Jags trade back to around 13, snag Hockenson still at 13 and use their 2 2nd rounders on Risner/McGary and Harry.

This would be best case for all involved.

Rumors Falcons want to trade up for Oliver. I think this is the most likely and the best trade partner

(04-24-2019, 02:44 PM)JNev Wrote: Rumors Falcons want to trade up for Oliver. I think this is the most likely and the best trade partner

I agree to this as well. In fact I said as much in the previous post. Oliver or Williams is going to be our golden egg if they fall to us.