Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Josh Allen vs TJ Hockenson
This poll is closed.
Allen
61.11%
22 61.11%
Hockenson
38.89%
14 38.89%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Allen or Hockensom

(04-25-2019, 02:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Out if the 4 elite defenders in think Josh Allen has the best chance to be there at 7.  NYG and Tampa have both taken a TE in the first the last few years so Hockenson will most likely be there as well.  If Allen and Hockenson is there, who do you take

Good call on this one. :0

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Allen looked good, Hockenson had a great game. I cant remember a rookie TE having a game like he did today

(09-08-2019, 09:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Allen looked good, Hockenson had a great game.  I cant remember a rookie TE having a game like he did today

I really wanted Hockenson, but that is before Allen fell to us. Both are special players. Yes, we desperately needed a big time TE, but IMO, Allen was the best overall player in the draft and I still believe that. If we could do the draft over, I'd still take Allen, but Hockenson is going to be a very good NFL player. We still need a good TE. I'm hoping we go after a TE like Albert Okwuegbunam, Grant Calcaterra, Jared Pinkney or Brycen Hopkins in 2020.

I expected Hockenson to get a lot of work early. You don't take a TE that high without having early expectation and plans of utilizing him. We're also talking about a Matt Patricia football team where he grew up around Belicheck and that position being heavily involved in all aspects of the game. Especially in receiving.

I am not worried about this decision over Allen though. Again, it was us against the Chiefs. They were playing against the Cardinals yesterday. And then would Hockenson even be a factor in this offense with how quickly Foles got taken out for probably over 2 months yesterday? I doubt it.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Picked up Hock for one of my fantasy rosters in a late round.
Definitely flexing him next week.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-09-2019, 12:39 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I expected Hockenson to get a lot of work early. You don't take a TE that high without having early expectation and plans of utilizing him. We're also talking about a Matt Patricia football team where he grew up around Belicheck and that position being heavily involved in all aspects of the game. Especially in receiving.

I am not worried about this decision over Allen though. Again, it was us against the Chiefs. They were playing against the Cardinals yesterday. And then would Hockenson even be a factor in this offense with how quickly Foles got taken out for probably over 2 months yesterday? I doubt it.

Allen had a sack taken away on the Jack penalty and ejection (though I question the validity of that because IIRC, the penalties on the play were after the play).

Allen's numbers should have been a sack and two pressures.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

In hindsight, Allen.. All damn day.. Even though I wanted Hock.. Just didn't imagine Allen would be there..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

It's great to see a discussion like this with both players demonstrating differential abilities and potential. With both teams having many top 10 drafted players that didn't pan out for one or more reasons, this time around the discussions are on a vastly different path.